• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Based on ryechu's research, looks like we get to know the brand name of that sticker on the Nozzlenose for the first time tonight. Was there any official name for that brand at this point?

Wonder how the two hit kill works against other chargers.

Maybe the bamboo charger charges faster than the squiffer.

Also, based on the weapon leak, the new nozzlenose has burst bombs, so hitting them with a burst bomb, then shooting (or the other way around) seems like a viable tactic.

I still want the H-3 Nozzlenose though.

L95

The bamboo charger looks like Cuttlefish's cane with a sight lol

(Or is cuttlefish's cane a bamboo charger :00000)

J@hranimo

Banned
The Bamboozler is coming!

And uh....the L3 Nozzlenose Deco? Custom? D

it's the L3 Nozzlenose D and it comes with
burst bomb and kraken

Geg

These new weapons have gotten me to look back at the old datamine stuff and now I'm seeing some weapons I didn't even notice the first time, like the Rapid Blaster Pro. Finally, a rapid blaster for the true MLG

Luigi87

Trying to level up in Turf Wars (currently lv.7), and being matched with lv.12-18s, match against lv.35-40s with 3-star gear... This is my punishment for not buying at launch D=

phanphare

Banned
Trying to level up in Turf Wars (currently lv.7), and being matched with lv.12-18s, match against lv.35-40s with 3-star gear... This is my punishment for not buying at launch D=

once you get past a certain level it will start matching you with people based more on your play style vs. just your level

ChrisD

To say clothes don't have an effect is a lie, but with a few outliers you're not going to be severely disadvantaged just because the enemies have 3-star gear. The levels are a show of time played, not skill entirely. I've seen a Level 9 wipe the floor with a Level 50 before.

Just something to keep in mind so you don't stress too much about "better" enemies. =)

Luigi87

once you get past a certain level it will start matching you with people based more on your play style vs. just your level

To say clothes don't have an effect is a lie, but with a few outliers you're not going to be severely disadvantaged just because the enemies have 3-star gear. The levels are a show of time played, not skill entirely. I've seen a Level 9 wipe the floor with a Level 50 before.

Just something to keep in mind so you don't stress too much about "better" enemies. =)

True enough, lol. Just those few matches of teams that don't seem to focus on coverage in Turf Wars (IE: noticing a bunch of empty spots near base), and the odd time the game teamed with three rollers, lol. At least this is just starting out, non-ranked stuff.

ryechu

Based on ryechu's research, looks like we get to know the brand name of that sticker on the Nozzlenose for the first time tonight. Was there any official name for that brand at this point?

no official names for any of the brands. Just the naming scheme they use for alternates.

ryechu

the gear isnt that important. A lvl 35 could stomp you with zero gear equipped if that were possible due to his 150x greater experience with the game.

But yeah hopefully you either get matched up with people of similar experience soon, or you are using motion controls and will thus shoot ahead of most of the Americans after you get the controls down, which is in an endeavor independent of what your enemies are doing to you.

Luigi87

the gear isnt that important. A lvl 35 could stomp you with zero gear equipped if that were possible due to his 150x greater experience with the game.

But yeah hopefully you either get matched up with people of similar experience soon, or you are using motion controls and will thus shoot ahead of most of the Americans after you get the controls down, which is in an endeavor independent of what your enemies are doing to you.

Maybe I should play at a different time of day, lol. 90% of my opponents appear to be Japanese players.

ChrisD

Maybe I should play at a different time of day, lol. 90% of my opponents appear to be Japanese players.

That ehh... that doesn't change. I know the game is doing really well all things considered, but it feels like 90% of the sales have to be to the Japanese. That or everyone else sucks so much that you don't face them after your first week of play.

Luigi87

That ehh... that doesn't change. I know the game is doing really well all things considered, but it feels like 90% of the sales have to be to the Japanese. That or everyone else sucks so much that you don't face them after your first week of play.
Well... Squid girls I guess, lol

But good to know that they probably have highest sales. I was stunned originally seeing the match ups.
That being said, the fact that latency isn't an issue kind of blows my mind.

ryechu

That ehh... that doesn't change. I know the game is doing really well all things considered, but it feels like 90% of the sales have to be to the Japanese. That or everyone else sucks so much that you don't face them after your first week of play.[/QUOTE]

They were less than 50% of the sales and the Americas were nearly 50. However, japan doesn't seem to share the western trend of playing a game for a few weeks and then dropping it.

On don't you worry. You'll get your chance to make me suffer tomorrow.
Oh good! That's the first day this week I'll be able to play, too.

I'll try to show you how to actually use a roller. :p
Going by Pokemon, I'll have to go with the "everyone else sucks so much..." theory.

phanphare

Banned

if the splatfests are any indication it's probably because everyone else sucks so much

Xenoboy

Soooooooooooo...
I just finished the final boss and OMG! I haven't been on my toes like for a good while. It's maybe one of the best ones that I've played and maybe one of the best ones ever created.

And then came the Squid songs and I realized
that the Agents where Callie and Marie!
:O

The credits theme was also really good! I'm so glad I've finally finished off the single player now, because I got to experience this.

Oh My Gosh!

Geg

A little more info about the soundtrack coming out

CNYILSAUwAAqjDK.png:orig

CNYIeu2UAAEsxyP.png:orig

Pre-orders are up and it's already the #1 best selling music CD on amazon.jp currently.

In addition to the E3 version of Splattack, it also includes an unreleased version of the final boss theme (Chorus of Calamari County) as a bonus track.

ChrisD

Going by Pokemon, I'll have to go with the "everyone else sucks so much..." theory.
if the splatfests are any indication it's probably because everyone else sucks so much

Good points.

ryechu said:
However, japan doesn't seem to share the western trend of playing a game for a few weeks and then dropping it.

/guilty
I hadn't played Splatoon for a month. But I was mostly just waiting for the update. Since it dropped I've played every day.

Soooooooooooo...
I just finished the final boss and OMG! I haven't been on my toes like for a good while. It's maybe one of the best ones that I've played and maybe one of the best ones ever created.

The credits theme was also really good! I'm so glad I've finally finished off the single player now, because I got to experience this.

I recently went back through Story mode with Charger (Girl Inkling amiibo), and I was reminded how great the final boss is. And the last phase theme is so gooooood. It's my main waiting lobby theme thanks to Squid Beatz. =D

I keep saying this but I really need to take the time to learn chargers, especially with there being so many of them now.

Maybe if I had more flexibility with my weapon selection I wouldn't be a detriment to my team :(

I keep saying this but I really need to take the time to learn chargers, especially with there being so many of them now.

Maybe if I had more flexibility with my weapon selection I wouldn't be a detriment to my team :(
You can use ffdgh as target practice when he gets the game soon.

He'll be better than us within a week.

Geg

Lots of people using chargers doesn't necessarily mean you need to learn to use one, just learn how to dodge and fight them better. Playing against gaf chargers is extremely fun to me now lol

ChrisD

I accepted a long time ago that I can't do Chargers. I can't even win firefights that are clearly mine because my aim sucks so much. I like to use the line of thought that since there's so many already I shouldn't learn it. The position is already covered by so many others, may as well learn how to fill the other roles.

I should anyways, but then I'm ultimate detriment

StAidan

I practice chargers in turf war whenever Mall or Moray are in rotation. I've probably spent several hours total on it so far, not sure I ever see myself being good enough to play it in ranked but I'm not as awful as I could be (lol).

Ogodei

Epic match of the day: rainmaker, Blackbelly. My team's first to burst the bubble, my teammate snags it just before i do. They jump forward, i jump down, tangle with a Tentatek enemy. We kill each other, i respawn. "Game!"

Me and the Tentatek guy were the only ones with any splats on the board. Everyone else was 0/0, game lasted *maybe* 30 seconds.

Blackbelly's made for ridiculous blowouts on that mode. The match before that, i tried taking the rainmaker through the half pipe and approach the goal from the far side. Got splatted down in the bowl, we contested it for a bit, i jump back in, grab it again, and plant it with everyone ignoring me (one teammate had helpfully painted part of the goal).

ChrisD

Blackbelly and, to a lesser extent, Warehouse, are both easily lopsided. If more people would realize you CAN cover ground before moving in, it would be different.

Edit: Not trying to make your win sound bad! Just annoyed with some people's eagerness to go out and die haha.

I decided to start playing Ranked today, finally. Went 2-1, made a nice comeback from like 20-100 in Splat Zones.

Anyways, I don't care about Transformers. Maybe I'll stick with Team Marie as usual. Which team looks more likely to win?

The Splatling wasn't a charger?

No, it's a new weapon type.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nice that the Bamboo weapon that was apparently the Inkling's first weapon (as suggested by the sunken scrolls) is now an option.

Hmmm... maybe I should get on an Amazon JP preorder for Splatune if it's already #1.

Top Bottom