• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

TheJoRu

Down to B+, baby!

tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

Mellopillow

Neo Member
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M READY TO GET BAMBOOZLED!
On another note, nozzlenose with burst bombs and kraken sounds interesting, will definitely try that out with run speed up

ChrisD

Finally...FINALLY made it to A+ rank! Felt like I should've gotten here a while ago but it still feels good. Thanks to everyone I've been playing with in squads recently. I'm taking a break though.

Grats! A+ is also a good place to random in. Much closer in terms of fair battle than A. Just have to hope you actually get an A+ battle. =p

StAidan

Finally...FINALLY made it to A+ rank! Felt like I should've gotten here a while ago but it still feels good. Thanks to everyone I've been playing with in squads recently. I'm taking a break though.

Congrats! I'd like to be there soon.

Looking forward to Tower Control tonight, always feels like I have the best win record there.

TheJoRu

:O bad day at ranked?

Indeed. Was one game away from A a few hours ago. Not anymore. B+ feels like that long crawl through shit Andy makes in Shawshank Redemption. The good part is when you finally get out of it...

...before being forced into the shit crawl again.

Luigi87

I can't help but think of Tim Allen when listening to some of the single-player stage music and victory fanfare... The grunting.

A little more info about the soundtrack coming out

Pre-orders are up and it's already the #1 best selling music CD on amazon.jp currently.

In addition to the E3 version of Splattack, it also includes an unreleased version of the final boss theme (Chorus of Calamari County) as a bonus track.
The reversible covers are great :D wish each band had one though.

Crisium

Oh, new Nozzlenose soon eh? I'll try it for sure. I don't use Disruptors as much as other Nozzlenose players anyway. I'm not sure Burst Bombs will really make it have that much faster TTK since 2 "3 shot bursts" are pretty fast anyway, so I'm not even sure how much faster Burst Bomb + 1 burst shot will be. But I do enjoy Burst Bombs for freaking out when the enemy gets close to me, so we'll see how it works.

Kraken will also give me extra confidence to move forward when I have it charged up. Much like the Custom Jet Squelcher, Kraken is very useful for low DPS weapons to move forward into tight areas that would otherwise cause me to get my butt kicked.

I've skipped out the past few days, I'll have to play a bit tonight.

ChrisD

I'm highly confused with Bluefin Depot Splat Zones. Isn't the side with the climbable box a clearly advantaged side? You have more safety, and flanking the enemy is easier because of how the cross-over platforms are set up. It should be parallel or a dual zone.

phanphare

Banned
I'm highly confused with Bluefin Depot Splat Zones. Isn't the side with the climbable box a clearly advantaged side? You have more safety, and flanking the enemy is easier because of how the cross-over platforms are set up. It should be parallel or a dual zone.

doesn't the other side have the ramp thing though? am I thinking of something else?

Anyone interested in joining me for some ranked, have me and two other people. Be so nice not to have to do a bunch of 3 vs 4 matches, haha.

Edit: Found someone.

Doorman

Just as I was complaining yesterday about wanting new weapons to come and dreading the people using them during Splatfest if it happens on Friday...

Not sure how I'll feel about a Burst-Kraken Nozzlenose...I like using the regular one partly because of the disruptors. On the other hand, I haven't really used any other Kraken-capable weapons much so maybe it's an opportunity to test that out.

I will admit, I'm not really a big fan of just how many weapons are getting Kraken as a super...dealing with them in almost any objective-based mode is a pain in the ass and at this point you could feasibly have an entire team of varied weapon types that all have Krakens in their pocket whenever one of them wants to conveniently take charge of a zone/tower or drive people away from the Rainmaker.

ChrisD

doesn't the other side have the ramp thing though? am I thinking of something else?

It has a ramp, but not a square box. Idk, thinking about it things are roughly the same, but there's like... minute differences that feel like they contributed to victories. Four games on the stage, all four were won by whoever was on that side. Placebo?

E: lose six points when you were the 3 in a 3v4. Quality number control.

E2: For pete's sake: JAPANESE RAINMAKER JUST FULL BLOWN WARPED THROUGH MY ROLLER AND ONTO THE PEDESTAL. The Rainmaker didnt even settle properly, it was doing some weird spazz motion! Then the Game screen took four seconds to appear.

ryechu

I will admit, I'm not really a big fan of just how many weapons are getting Kraken as a super...dealing with them in almost any objective-based mode is a pain in the ass and at this point you could feasibly have an entire team of varied weapon types that all have Krakens in their pocket whenever one of them wants to conveniently take charge of a zone/tower or drive people away from the Rainmaker.

I'd rather deal with stacked krakens than stacked echolocators, inkzookas, or bubblers.

My biggest gripe with krakens is that they shouldn't be able to push the tower in tower control. Same with bubblers, or any special really (well, not echolocator, but you get what I mean). If you activate it on the tower, it should not count you as pushing.

ChrisD

My biggest gripe with krakens is that they shouldn't be able to push the tower in tower control. Same with bubblers, or any special really (well, not echolocator, but you get what I mean). If you activate it on the tower, it should not count you as pushing.

Agreed. The knockback they receive isn't enough to drive them off. Putting a ridiculous hypothetical situation in mind, you could take turns as a 4-man squad turning on a Bubbler and spreading it along. All the while, your other teammates are building up THEIR meter to repeat the process. When it's possible to be invincible that's... Eh. That's no good.

I understand that Krakens can be really annoying in TC for the last few seconds, kind of how Inkstrikes are for TW near the end. But at any other point of the game, if Kraken is being used to sit on a tower, it's not being used to kill or scatter enemies. There's no guarantee that the Kraken user will be able to continue riding the tower once Kraken wears off.

From my experience anyway, I've done some stupid shit where I'll just Kraken sit on the tower a bit past mid while my teammates fight the enemy team. If my team lives through the grind, then I didn't need to pop Kraken. If the rest of my team dies, I'm eventually a sitting duck for the enemy team.

ChrisD

I understand that Krakens can be really annoying in TC for the last few seconds, kind of how Inkstrikes are for TW near the end. But at any other point of the game, if Kraken is being used to sit on a tower, it's not being used to kill or scatter enemies. There's no guarantee that the Kraken user will be able to continue riding the tower once Kraken wears off.

From my experience anyway, I've done some stupid shit where I'll just Kraken sit on the tower a bit past mid while my teammates fight the enemy team. If my team lives through the grind, then I didn't need to pop Kraken. If the rest of my team dies, I'm eventually a sitting duck for the enemy team.

You don't have to be a sitting duck. Kraken can Super Jump. :p

Saro

Jumping off the tower to splat people as the kraken always catches someone off guard and weaving on and off the tower or even hiding on the side of the tower after using kraken is a good way to survive and get some more splats.

Ahnez

Well, I use Kraken to ride the tower :p but usually only when my team is very close to winning, being sure it lasts until knockout or very close

It's here. Getting to S+ confirmed.

Why would they use the white Gamepad on that boxart? I guess they want to showcase the shape of the cover, but it looks so much better on the black Gamepad. It just blends in nicely, so awesome.

Well, I use Kraken to ride the tower :p but usually only when my team is very close to winning, being sure it lasts until knockout or very close

Yeah, that's what annoys me.. lol. It's a legit strategy, but annoying for the other team. Even if being so close to winning probably means you'll win anyway. Or for example a kraken just pushing the tower into the lead. I'm used to TF2, man, with übers not being able to push the bomb in Payload. A kraken just feels like an über to me.

ChrisD

I think it's safe to say we all ride Kraken on tower, same with Bubbler. But the question is if something that makes you invincible and highly deadly in close-quarters should actually move an objective forward.

Now I really wonder if the quad Bubbler thing would work in an actual Tower Control game.

mrmickfran

After spending an eternity in C rank, I
finally make it to C+.

*Gets knocked back to C in less than 20 minutes*

*Nearly throws Gamepad*

J@hranimo

Banned
Just woke up from a rather lengthy nap and such. Time to hit up some of these posts:

Grats! A+ is also a good place to random in. Much closer in terms of fair battle than A. Just have to hope you actually get an A+ battle. =p

Congrats! I'd like to be there soon.

Looking forward to Tower Control tonight, always feels like I have the best win record there.

Thanks guys! I'm not crazy dedicated to doing solo ranked much now due to squads being a thing so that helped me a lot. I should be on sometime after the rotation changes and can maybe help some of us to get higher ranks.

Indeed. Was one game away from A a few hours ago. Not anymore. B+ feels like that long crawl through shit Andy makes in Shawshank Redemption. The good part is when you finally get out of it...

...before being forced into the shit crawl again.

Believe me....I understand. I got A- rank ONCE doing solo ranked and then plummeted back down to B rank the next day. B+ feels like purgatory x_x. Again like I said above seeing if you can do some squads with some of us through the Discord. It really helps.

It's here. Getting to S+ confirmed.

Niiiiice. Fresh indeed.

Ahnez

Yeah, that's what annoys me.. lol. It's a legit strategy, but annoying for the other team. Even if being so close to winning probably means you'll win anyway. Or for example a kraken just pushing the tower into the lead. I'm used to TF2, man, with übers not being able to push the bomb in Payload. A kraken just feels like an über to me.

The main problem is that you're using an extremely offensive special passively..

You could use it to protect the tower while a teammate ride it, that is, if you have any teammate actually trying to win

I think it's safe to say we all ride Kraken on tower, same with Bubbler. But the question is if something that makes you invincible and highly deadly in close-quarters should actually move an objective forward.

Now I really wonder if the quad Bubbler thing would work in an actual Tower Control game.

Well.. Even using a slow firing weapon such as the Jet Squelcher, its easy to knock bubblers out of the tower.. I think it might not work that much
unless the other team has only short ranged weapons

After spending an eternity in C rank, I
finally make it to C+.

*Gets knocked back to C in less than 20 minutes*

*Nearly throws Gamepad*
C should be easy with some practice because both your teammates and your opponents suck so you can generally carry. It's B where things can start getting iffy because any player can be either competent or incompetent so it's possible to have competent opponents and incompetent teammates.

What weapon are you using?

FINALLY, the Bamboozler is here. You guys talking Krakens remind me that half-charged Charger shots can stop a Kraken for almost a second, so the Quick charge on the Bamboozler is gonna mske Kraken stalling pretty entertaining if the knockback is the same. =D

Also, we're getting ANOTHER Nozzlenose tomorrow as well? It's gonna be a very fun day tomorrow. I haven't given the Nozzlenose the love it needs, so this is good. =D

DontBlink

I finally played rainmaker for the first time and I cannot comprehend how incompetent most of these people are. Doesn't help that I;m matched with 3 levels 12-14 versus everyone in the 20s.

Geg

Congrats. Considering the CDS has no ink covering subs or specials that's a lot of CDS playtime.

That reminds me that I have yet to max any of my weapons yet... =\

The beakon technically creates a tiny drop of ink underneath it if you use it on an uninked surface lol. And the killer wail inks if you hit someone with it.

And I guess that just means you have a lot of variety in the weapons you use, whereas for me I have max with the CDS, then close to 500,000 with the standard DS, then a huge dropoff after that lol

Robotguy

Gaaaaaaawd I still don't play this game enough D:

Hero Shot is at 267,910 lol.

Oh well.
I think we determined that Azure has been averaging something like 8 hours a day since launch. Not necessarily something to strive for. :p

I passed over 910K on DS recently. I'll probably hit 999999 pretty soon.

Jintor

i give up, playing spotter in s rank random is still total bullshit, only gonna try spotter builds with gaf where I know that'll actually help people kill things lol

Top Bottom