• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Yeah. I'm going to experiment with restreamer so I can stream on both Twitch and YTG. I actually wanted to do it yesterday, but my class ended late enough that I just came in and went straight to sleep after dabbling in some Xrd training mode. :lol

Bamboozler-only room? =D

Dynamos though, lol.
I forgot about the Roller weapons. Lol, if they're at the back of the formation, then RIP all of your team lol.

Worse thing is playing in Moray Towers, stay defending with your charger near the ledge and then be pushed off the stage by a teammate that super jumps to you. It happens so much...

This happens to Azure all of the time on stream. It's funny to watch.

Accidentally decimating your team with killer wails or inkzookas. The possibilities are endless!

Yeah, "accidentally." =P

Shark please....stahp.

Is he living up to his promise from yesterday?

Dry_Bones

Picked up the game a few days ago .. At the beginning I couldn't tell what the big fuss was about but after playing for a few hours, things started clicking ..

Now, I'm at level 13 (and Rank C+) and I can't put the controller down ! I have a question .. Are the abilities random when it comes to clothes/headgear/shoes or does every item have specific abilities ?? Thanks !

Vecks

Picked up the game a few days ago .. At the beginning I couldn't tell what the big fuss was about but after playing for a few hours, things started clicking ..

Now, I'm at level 13 (and Rank C+) and I can't put the controller down ! I have a question .. Are the abilities random when it comes to clothes/headgear/shoes or does every item have specific abilities ?? Thanks !

Main abilities are specific. Sub abilities are random, though most brands have a higher chance/lower chance to roll certain types.

phanphare

Banned

each brand has a certain ability that it's more likely to roll and a certain ability that it's less likely to roll

http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Brands

Geg

You're gonna spoil the room. D=

I forget, Dual or Jet? Bamboozler might outrange Dual IIRC.

This one, lol

I think the Bamboolzer has the same range as the normal charger so it should outrange both types of squelchers. But yeah, I love fighting chargers, playing against good chargers is a really fun challenge to me. Except on maps like Arowana Mall where it's nearly impossible to approach them

WALKMAN04

As others have said brand determines ability bias. Also I think it's worth mentioning that when you reach level 20 Spyke will let you reroll gear for 30,000 coins or 1 super sea snail, so you can reroll your gear for things you want later, although this could take a while to get what you want as what the abilities become are all still based on percentages.

Geg

From the tumblr

tumblr_ntsxdsYqjn1u3akyno1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ntsxdsYqjn1u3akyno2_1280.jpg
tumblr_ntsxdsYqjn1u3akyno3_1280.jpg
tumblr_ntsxdsYqjn1u3akyno4_1280.jpg

The Bamboozler 14 Mk I is a reissue of a weapon used during the Great Turf War. It charges up extremely quickly and boasts great range even when not fully charged. If you’re looking for a weapon that your great-great-great-great-great-great grandsquid would have been comfortable sportin’, check it out in Sheldon’s shop tonight at 7 PM PT.
tumblr_ntsxjyq2wn1u3akyno1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ntsxjyq2wn1u3akyno2_1280.jpg
tumblr_ntsxjyq2wn1u3akyno3_1280.jpg

The L-3 Nozzlenose D is a specially designed L-3 Nozzlenose with an adorable logo on it. The sub weapon lets you finish off opponents who are still standing, and the special allows you to strike from up close. It’ll be available tonight at 7 PM PT.

Also official art promoting the Splatoon booth at PAX

Azure J

Wow, Burst Bombs on the Nozzlenose too...

From the tumblr

Also official art promoting the Splatoon booth at PAX

Every time I see the sketch art for Splatoon a part of me on the inside is disappointed in himself for not sticking to a proper routine to learn to draw. I love that style so much. It's very distinct.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm gonna add one of these new weapons to my rotation tonight, the question is...which one?
Probably Nozzlenose D cause of dat burst bomb and kraken combo

also I was on the subreddit and I looked at the EU splatfest logo again:

Wtf is that inkling doing? It's so derpy lol.

Wow, Burst Bombs on the Nozzlenose too...

The Brush life is dead. =(

Every time I see the sketch art for Splatoon a part of me on the inside is disappointed in himself for not sticking to a proper routine to learn to draw. I love that style so much. It's very distinct.

Time to live stream a drawing session for an 30 minutes a day! Your viewers can participate by uploading their own and you can highlight them on stream. =D

Oh yeah, Bamboozler Mk II has Disruptor. Enjoy. =D

Wtf is that inkling doing? It's so derpy lol.

NA Splatfest art confirmed better for this Splatfest. Looks like the inkling is shaking its hands in the air while moving left and right a bit.

Pikma

Banned
Could I join you guys tonight? I'm an almost eternal lurker of this thread but I think it's time to try and join you :D

Geg

Time to live stream a drawing session for an 30 minutes a day! Your viewers can participate by uploading their own and you can highlight them on stream. =D

A charger with a disruptor? OP confirmed

J@hranimo

Banned

NA Splatfest art confirmed better for this Splatfest. Looks like the inkling is shaking its hands in the air while moving left and right a bit.

The more I look at the pic, the funnier it becomes to me. Singing will definitely have the numbers there.

and the Mk II does? That's....diabolical.

Could I join you guys tonight? I'm an almost eternal lurker of this thread but I think it's time to try and join you :D

Of course. Just add any of us via the NNID spreadsheet in the OP.

WALKMAN04

We will be holding tryouts to play with gaf tonight at 9-10 pm eastern time.
Seriously, though if you want to swing me a friend request I'm always happy to add new people, just tell me who you are on the friend request, need to know who you are before I delete someone. My nnid is my gaf name all caps I think. If you don't already have a discord I would make one, it's probably the best way to join others and chat, see the second post of the thread for details.
Go ahead. No one is stopping you. =D

Fortunately for you guys, Bamboozler can't OHKO at full charge.
If he wants in he has to go through me.

Vecks

Seriously, though if you want to swing me a friend request I'm always happy to add new people, just tell me who you are on the friend request, need to know who you are before I delete someone. My nnid is my gaf name all caps I think. If you don't already have a discord I would make one, it's probably the best way to join others and chat, see the second post of the thread for details.

No items, Tentatek only, Walleye Warehouse.

Pikma

Banned
The more I look at the pic, the funnier it becomes to me. Singing will definitely have the numbers there.

and the Mk II does? That's....diabolical.

Of course. Just add any of us via the NNID spreadsheet in the OP.
Will do!
Go ahead. No one is stopping you. =D

Fortunately for you guys, Bamboozler can't OHKO at full charge.

Let's do it!

My NNID is PikmaGAF, so I guess it'll be pretty easy to recognize me :p

Yeah. I'm going to experiment with restreamer so I can stream on both Twitch and YTG. I actually wanted to do it yesterday, but my class ended late enough that I just came in and went straight to sleep after dabbling in some Xrd training mode. :lol

Let me know how it goes. I couldn't get it to work because I was dropping frames like crazy. That could be my ISP throttling me though.

neshcom

Banned
Just got the game last night and about to hit level 7. Any good guides for beginner strategies? I'm tearing it up in regular matches, but I've got a feeling I'll be trounced in ranked.

Just got the game last night and about to hit level 7. Any good guides for beginner strategies? I'm tearing it up in regular matches, but I've got a feeling I'll be trounced in ranked.

Ranked starts you off with people of similar rank. No need to worry until about B rank.

Area control is important. That's all I'll say for now. Feeling drowsy for some reason.

ryechu

noticed that people are steady sleeping on Splatoon as a GotY candidate

Who cares about GotY though? If I were to meet someone and ask them what their GotYs were and they were to recite the commonly agreed upon games for the last five years, I would probably stop wanting to talk to them, then and there.

mrmickfran

As far as ranked goes, aerospray is probably the worst weapon to use. It's bad range and sub makes it a weapon that is outclassed by a lot of weapons. Also inkstrike is probably the worst special in ranked especially after the killer wail buff. It's a decent special in turf war because you can just use it at the end to get a win but other specials just do better in more situations in ranked than inkstrike. If you really do want the inkstrike though then Nzap 89 is a better choice than aerospray. Also sprinkler comes in handy way more than ink mines, only mode where mines are viable is tower control. I say try to branch out more and I think you will find you are doing way better than before.

Edit: inkstrike is also pretty good in splatzones

I have been pretty stubborn when it comes to switching my weapon. There was a time when I absolutely refused to switch from the splattershot jr. But it does help to try more things.

I...Did not see that final boss coming. Single player was more entertaining than I expected.
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-DROP THE SEA BASS

Ah, thank you. That's a good time frame they selected.

If you're in america.

It's crap for me in the UK: Weekdays my gaming time is pretty much limited to 7-10pm. If splatoon has a ranked mode I don't like (basically, splatzones) or maps I dislike, I just turn it off again immediately, since it swaps out at 7 and hten doesn't again until 11.

phanphare

Banned
Who cares about GotY though? If I were to meet someone and ask them what their GotYs were and they were to recite the commonly agreed upon games for the last five years, I would probably stop wanting to talk to them, then and there.

I mean, yeah

but it'd still be nice to see Splatoon gets some nods. it's one of the most refreshing games of the past decade and to see it glossed over in favor of mostly iterative games (not that there's anything wrong with that) is mildly disappointing.

I mean, yeah

but it'd still be nice to see Splatoon gets some nods. it's one of the most refreshing games of the past decade and to see it glossed over in favor of mostly iterative games (not that there's anything wrong with that) is mildly disappointing.

Splatoon is certainly the most unique game I'll have played all year, and probably the game I'll have spent the most time on too.

Like Oscar bait movies though, we can already know for sure that Splatoon is not the kind of game that wins a large amount of GOTY awards.

ffdgh kept on being put in rooms full of relatively high level English names... And for the most part they sucked. lolwut?
He probably rushed through it. It's not hard to complete it in a few hours either way.
He made that post like 9 hours after he finished downloading it at like 2 AM. :p
Shark please....stahp.
:3
Is he living up to his promise from yesterday?
Yes. I could sadly not stop splatting him no matter how hard I sandbagged.
Annd Level 10 is down. Thanks for the help shark.
KuGsj.gif
You're welcome. :p

If you're in america.

It's crap for me in the UK: Weekdays my gaming time is pretty much limited to 7-10pm. If splatoon has a ranked mode I don't like (basically, splatzones) or maps I dislike, I just turn it off again immediately, since it swaps out at 7 and hten doesn't again until 11.

So it's more about how long you're able to play rather than the timezone.

Robotguy

If you're in america.

I live in America and have the same rotation times.

Is that normal? Most of the time I was atlease 10-20 levels behind...tho it didn't matter in the end.
There's hidden skill-based matchmaking so yeah, it's normal. EDIT: Just like in Mario Kart, though, eventually you'll start playing lots of Japanese players. GLHF lol

Top Bottom