• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

WALKMAN04

I think we all know I play a lot, I still haven't maxed out one weapon yet my highest is dual squelcher with over 600,000 and then e-liter 3k scoped with over 300,000. I think I just play too many weapons to have maxed one out. There was that stretch where I avoided the dual squelcher because I was getting a little tired of it but now I play it again and still haven't maxed it out.

mrmickfran

C should be easy with some practice because both your teammates and your opponents suck so you can generally carry. It's B where things can start getting iffy because any player can be either competent or incompetent so it's possible to have competent opponents and incompetent teammates.

What weapon are you using?
I was using the Splatling, but then I converted to the Aerospray RG. I started dominating rainmaker with it. That's how I got to C+ so fast. But the moment that I got to C+ was when everything just started falling apart.

I was using the Splatling, but then I converted to the Aerospray RG. I started dominating rainmaker with it. That's how I got to C+ so fast. But the moment that I got to C+ was when everything just started falling apart.
Aerospray RG is basically hard mode for ranked. lol

I recommend trying the Tentatek Splattershot if you liked the Aerospray. It's kind of a similar weapon except it's much better at head-to-head combat, which is pretty common in Ranked.

ChrisD

Don't use Aerosprays in Rainmaker unless you just really like Aerosprays. Short range, low damage, the sub/specials aren't the greatest kit for the mode. They are very much a turf-covering weapon. And covering turf is excellent in Rainmaker!.. if you are on a team that understands the role you're taking is to cover ground.

May I suggest one of the N-Zaps? They're mostly the same, though I think they have slightly more range for less shots. The main thing is that they have a better kit. I know one of them has Echolocator which is excellent to have. Can't remember what the other one is.

E: Tentatek is always great, but if you like the rapid-fires you'll find it feels slow.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Any Japan/Australia time zone players in this thread? I have a bunch of friends who play Splatoon but time zones wreck us. Looking for local players to team up with when it's convenient. NNID is itsumobasho

Ahnez

Well, until that glitched TC match, I was going really well, I'm at B88 (should be B98) if my luck helps, maybe I can reach A- for the first time wee

well.. when I get back from college I'll try :p

Canti

Finally!

pEn8tCo.jpg

With all the disconnects, this took me forever (all random matches, tried squad up once and deranked to A). I've been at A+ 95 and above over 5 times and always ended up tanking again. Just today I was at A+ 98, then disconnected to 86, then was matched with a load of A- players against S ranks and found myself in the 60's again.

I came back, clawing away, and by some miracle of the squid gods I ascended to Calamari heaven. Rollerz (and Slosher) 4 lyfe, yo! Stay fresh!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, as I've tried searching but my google-fu is failing me..

I'm having issues with disconnects ONLY when my friend tries to play on his Wii U at the same time(same house). If only one of us are playing the connection is solid with no issues.

Could it be the router that is failing, or are there any other options I could look into before tossing money at it?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, as I've tried searching but my google-fu is failing me..

I'm having issues with disconnects ONLY when my friend tries to play on his Wii U at the same time(same house). If only one of us are playing the connection is solid with no issues.

Could it be the router that is failing, or are there any other options I could look into before tossing money at it?

Splatoon apparently requires a higher upload speed than other online games on the Wii U like Mario Kart 8 (this guy claims 0.6 Mbps).

jariw

Are you both accessing the same router on Wifi connections? Wired connections sounds like it would solve this particular issue.

Cross posting from the amiibo thread regarding my 3 pack pre-order:

Should I start worrying, I got the pre-order, but it shows no recent orders have been made, and checking all orders gives me 'Invalid activity token', despite the card being charged? (I'm on Firefox if that's anything to ask)
The page on Target has the pre-order now button still available, unlike Ganondorf, Marth, and some others.

Also, I missed my opportunity to get Ganondorf, (;-;)....

*Panicking*

mrmickfran

Aerospray RG is basically hard mode for ranked. lol

I recommend trying the Tentatek Splattershot if you liked the Aerospray. It's kind of a similar weapon except it's much better at head-to-head combat, which is pretty common in Ranked.

Don't use Aerosprays in Rainmaker unless you just really like Aerosprays. Short range, low damage, the sub/specials aren't the greatest kit for the mode. They are very much a turf-covering weapon. And covering turf is excellent in Rainmaker!.. if you are on a team that understands the role you're taking is to cover ground.

May I suggest one of the N-Zaps? They're mostly the same, though I think they have slightly more range for less shots. The main thing is that they have a better kit. I know one of them has Echolocator which is excellent to have. Can't remember what the other one is.

E: Tentatek is always great, but if you like the rapid-fires you'll find it feels slow.
But I've been kicking so much ass with the Aerospray :(

Does the Tentatek or the N-Zaps have InkStrike? I need my inkstrike. Yeah, I like to play support, I absolutely HATE carrying the rainmaker.

Nico_D

Holy shit these people who run into your view when aiming with a charger! Can't they see what I'm doing? Trying to do? Because I stand there, do they think I'm taking a piss?

I want a friendly fire option for chargers! Please, Nintendo!

WALKMAN04

But I've been kicking so much ass with the Aerospray :(

Does the Tentatek or the N-Zaps have InkStrike? I need my inkstrike. Yeah, I like to play support, I absolutely HATE carrying the rainmaker.
As far as ranked goes, aerospray is probably the worst weapon to use. It's bad range and sub makes it a weapon that is outclassed by a lot of weapons. Also inkstrike is probably the worst special in ranked especially after the killer wail buff. It's a decent special in turf war because you can just use it at the end to get a win but other specials just do better in more situations in ranked than inkstrike. If you really do want the inkstrike though then Nzap 89 is a better choice than aerospray. Also sprinkler comes in handy way more than ink mines, only mode where mines are viable is tower control. I say try to branch out more and I think you will find you are doing way better than before.

Edit: inkstrike is also pretty good in splatzones

Holy shit these people who run into your view when aiming with a charger! Can't they see what I'm doing? Trying to do? Because I stand there, do they think I'm taking a piss?

Welcome to the life of a Charger. Enjoy your stay.

I'd love to see that option in private matches even if it doesn't make too much sense.

Still it would be imbalanced as the start of a match could be a complete bloodbath especially on stages where you can't split up for a bit.

phanphare

Banned
Hum? What's this about?

noticed it in the Konami/MGS V thread where that marketing guy claimed that MGS V has GotY locked up. some agree and those that disagree are bringing up stuff like Bloodborne and Fallout 4. even saw Rocket League get a few mentions. no Splatoon though. just found that interesting because from where I'm sitting Splatoon is already on the short list for GotG.

I'd love to see that option in private matches even if it doesn't make too much sense.

Still it would be imbalanced as the start of a match could be a complete bloodbath especially on stages where you can't split up for a bit.

yeah it'd also break one of my support strategies when I see someone under fire, which is to keep the ground under them inked in our color for maximum maneuverability

Vena

Amiibo are up for pre-order at Target: http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-am.../-/A-17367672#prodSlot=medium_1_9&term=amiibo

noticed it in the Konami/MGS V thread where that marketing guy claimed that MGS V has GotY locked up. some agree and those that disagree are bringing up stuff like Bloodborne and Fallout 4. even saw Rocket League get a few mentions. no Splatoon though. just found that interesting because from where I'm sitting Splatoon is already on the short list for GotG.

That's because Splatoon is for babies. Not real men.

Blasters would be a nightmare lol.
I...Did not see that final boss coming. Single player was more entertaining than I expected.

NA version or European version? I'm asking because the final boss is so much better in the NA version IMO thanks to his lines.

Holy fucking shit you already beat it did you just marathon it all night? lol

He probably rushed through it. It's not hard to complete it in a few hours either way.

Septuples would be so free. :lol

I actually had to google septuple to make sure it was what I thought it was. Heh. First time reading the word, don't kill me. =P

Streaming tonight?

Yeah, I suppose this would be the cheapest option to look at first too. I'll give it a try.

Do you know which usb adaptor to use? Apparently not all of them work.

I think people use this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F41TWAO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Azure J

I actually had to google septuple to make sure it was what I thought it was. Heh. First time reading the word, don't kill me. =P

Streaming tonight?

Yeah. I'm going to experiment with restreamer so I can stream on both Twitch and YTG. I actually wanted to do it yesterday, but my class ended late enough that I just came in and went straight to sleep after dabbling in some Xrd training mode. :lol

jnWake

Worse thing is playing in Moray Towers, stay defending with your charger near the ledge and then be pushed off the stage by a teammate that super jumps to you. It happens so much...

DaBoss

Samura1man made it to S+ 99 on stream: http://www.twitch.tv/samura1man

Was really cool. He had a 9-game winning streak.
Finally!

http://i.imgur.com/pEn8tCo.jpg

With all the disconnects, this took me forever (all random matches, tried squad up once and deranked to A). I've been at A+ 95 and above over 5 times and always ended up tanking again. Just today I was at A+ 98, then disconnected to 86, then was matched with a load of A- players against S ranks and found myself in the 60's again.

I came back, clawing away, and by some miracle of the squid gods I ascended to Calamari heaven. Rollerz (and Slosher) 4 lyfe, yo! Stay fresh!
Congrats!
I...Did not see that final boss coming. Single player was more entertaining than I expected.
It's the best.

Top Bottom