• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Vecks

I've been playing this game with friends for a while, but for some reason I haven't thought of playing with GAF. So, would anyone like to add me? :D I mostly play Turf War; Ranked got too frustrating for a while there. I also don't really have a set time I play, but I'm PST time zone if that helps.

I'll add my Nintendo ID to my profile on here right now.

I'mma try to be more active in this thread. I've never played with gaffers before, but it seems like you guys have a fun time in here.

Sure, I'll add you when I get on later. I usually play late night EST.

Luigi87

WVW69iVhcNwvxEB7Nz
My journey has begun.
... Also that feeling of splatting a whole team with one bomb because they all go into one choke point together. Low level play!

Alas work at 6AM EDT, so no more, but I am liking ranked modes a lot.

I wanted to play with Gaf but it seems most of my friends list is in private matches suddenly.

Is there a Gaf private match code or are these just being set up individually?

mrmickfran

You should really be ashamed

No, I'm kidding :p

I managed to fall in the water more than 4 times today in triggerfish TC because I would try to jump on the tower while shooting (Using the Jet Squelcher, that drastically reduces your movement speed while shooting)

So its okay lol
But, I caused my team to lose. I officially hate Bluefin the most out of any map now, yes even more than Kelp Dome.

Vecks

I wanted to play with Gaf but it seems most of my friends list is in private matches suddenly.

Is there a Gaf private match code or are these just being set up individually?

Are you on discord? It'll probably be easier to find out there. People don't chat much about making private matches or squads here ever since they moved to discord.

I get back on Splatoon after being forced away for a week, first game back is a ranked match in which we run the Splat Zone down to 20, then my teammates run away in complete fear for the rest of the match, ignore all of my beacons, and try to snipe with N-Zaps instead of inking the zone, and just sit there and let them run in.

A- player is there too (they have an A+, natch), and he's running off the side of the map and does by far the worst.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

B_Bech

I LOVE the new Nozzlenose!!! The Bamboozler is extremely underwhelming, though. I'm super hyped for Splatfest. Any fellow Autobots here, Gaf?

J@hranimo

Banned
GGs everyone I played with today/tonight as far as ranked and bamboozler room goes.

I will be using both new weapons. Nozzlenose D + burst bombs <3 = time to shine.

#TeamAutobots

RedFyn

I get back on Splatoon after being forced away for a week, first game back is a ranked match in which we run the Splat Zone down to 20, then my teammates run away in complete fear for the rest of the match, ignore all of my beacons, and try to snipe with N-Zaps instead of inking the zone, and just sit there and let them run in.

A- player is there too (they have an A+, natch), and he's running off the side of the map and does by far the worst.

So I ink I juju juju ugh
What rank are you now? I always enjoyed your tales from the C rank trenches and then suddenly you were talking about being in B.

Well that's an interesting auto correct.

What rank are you now? I always enjoyed your tales from the C rank trenches and then suddenly you were talking about being in B.

Well that's an interesting auto correct.

I actually suddenly sailed fairly quickly through the Bs and into A-, which was a nightmare where I just barely managed to hold onto for a few days.

EDIT: I will note to my credit/big baby excuse that my fall from A- took place almost exactly after Rainmaker came out and for days you had people who seemingly had no clue how to play Rainmaker.

Sweet merciful crap people are dumb with the Bamboozler.

"SO THE TRICK IS TO JUST SHOOT IT EVERYWHERE, RIGHT!"
No, use the rapid fire from a safe distance to control your opponent's movements so--
"PEW PEW! PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW!! I DIED!"

Ideally one of you should become the host of the match, but I have no idea how the game selects the host (maybe it picks the fastest connection?).

If no one of you is hosting, then it makes sense. It doubles the upload requirements and that taxes slow connections. Post a result: www.speedtest.net

Also, try this: start a private match where one of you is the host. You should see zero disconnections, because all packets are routed locally (192.168.x.x LAN IPs).

You're doing yourself a huge favour (not just in Splatoon, unless you don't play other online games). Uncharted/TLOU MP also require at least 1 Mbps, or else you get the white plug of doom.

0.6 vs 10 Mbps upstream is night vs day.

Thanks, found the issue to be that my upload is only a measly 800k. Running the speed test proved the ~.6 theory as far as I could tell, as my computer was only able to upload at about .12 when a match was in progress.

Looks like its time to upgrade!

Gsnap

I can't stand losing a significant lead in overtime... Went 10-3 and just couldn't hold it together for the last few seconds.

neshcom

Banned
Broke my personal best again, 20 disconnects since this rotation. I wish streaming like Netflix and twitch never became a thing now.

Okay, so I wasn't alone. It was SO frustrating to be disconnected at the end of a match and have to take the L. Is it always this spotty?

Jims

After taking a few days off, decided to play a few randoms before Splatfest. Took me a few rounds to get back into but eventually started getting the hang of it. Was having trouble finding a room tonight. A lot of no connects and then disconnects after one game. Had one round on Walleye where the other team just sharked us mercilessly for the first two minutes, I got a late Kraken and managed 2 kills, and we swept 'em to a comeback.

Also Vecks stopped by for a few! Hooray!

Saltspray Rig

Oh no. This can't be happening again.

ChrisD

First off, this stage rotation takes what I just said earlier today about people not having a clue and amplified it by making it last for 24 hours. Second, on a brighter note (literally!), the ink glowing at night definitely sets apart the pink and purple. The colors actually look nice. It was just the shine from the daytime stages that made it unbearable.

That all said, I must go and aid my Decepticon brethren!

Top Bottom