• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

For the love of....

LISTEN TO ME CAREFULLY EVERYONE PLAYING ON SALTSPRAY!!

THE BOTTOM SECTION IS WORTHLESS!! Stop hiding in there protecting a pitiful 3% of the map. The top is all that matters!

ChrisD

For the love of....

THE BOTTOM SECTION IS WORTHLESS!! Stop hiding in there protecting a pitiful 3% of the map. The top is all that matters!

Stick it to the top of every message board, praise it to Google!

WALKMAN04

For the love of....

The bottom square is where real men go, one on one fights at the bottom square is how you determine who is the better player. To start off each player inks half of the bottom box then you fight to see who is better.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wow after hundreds of hours of playing I had no idea that Y centers the camera....I'm sure it was in the original tutorial but I had completely forgotten. I accidentally hit it in a match playing on Port.

Just out of habit I use the right analog for camera movement.

ChrisD

Wow after hundreds of hours of playing I had no idea that Y centers the camera....I'm sure it was in the original tutorial but I had completely forgotten. I accidentally hit it in a match playing on Port.

Just out of habit I use the right analog for camera movement.

WHAT
THE
FRICK

HOW DO YOU PLAY WITHOUT KNOWING THAT

2nd match in, my team completely destroyed a autobot team. 2 win streak so far. Let's see how long it last
Edit: There goes the winning streak lol

I have lost every game in Mackerel and Saltspray....

But at least my shots hit! It's not my fault I have laggy games! It's not my connection!

Doorman

It'd be really nice if, one of these days, they gave Saltspray Rig an Underpass-styled makeover to help balance out the ratio of area between the top section and the rest of the map. Outside of the Rainmaker stall-shennanigans, it's just not that much fun for Turf War when for the people who understand the map, the whole of the match essentially boils down to trying to protect one small box of area for three minutes. I can appreciate that it's not a corridor-styled map, but I can't remember the last time I've tried to have any serious time put into battling along the lower catwalks at all. I don't think map design works out terribly well when you can completely ignore entire sections of it relatively safely.

Gsnap

Splat fest really highlights far ahead of America Japan is in skill. I can get away with so much more stuff that would not fly usually.

ChrisD

I'm on board with a Saltspray re-balancing. It doesn't need anything near as vast as the changes Urchin Underpass got. Just move some weight from the top down to the middle. Maybe speed up the moving platforms. Those two things alone would change a lot without a full overhaul.

Gsnap

Yeah, saltspray's kind of rough. It's just difficult to maintain control of more than one place at a time. The top is important, yeah, but if your team keeps control of the top for the entire match, and if the enemy has the entire bottom, and then in the last minute they push you out of the top you won't have time to take back the top and get enough on the bottom to get the win. With other maps you can have more control over more areas at a time, so even if the other team starts to make a comeback, you've got more options to shut it down. Especially since with other maps the most high value areas are generally smack in the middle of them.

I'd be interested in a rebalance, but I'm not sure what they would do to rebalance and keep the original feel.

Doorman

I'm on board with a Saltspray re-balancing. It doesn't need anything near as vast as the changes Urchin Underpass got. Just move some weight from the top down to the middle. Maybe speed up the moving platforms. Those two things alone would change a lot without a full overhaul.

Right, I mean...even something as simple as making the catwalks a little bit wider or shrinking the big top section slightly would be enough of a shift in overall area balance that it would encourage a more spread approach. It's an issue a little bit similar to what Urchin originally had, since a single sniper standing on the top of that little ramp connecting the large upper area to the "anteroom" can essentially see and cover any of the three potential entry points, and just being able to defend that single choke point guarantees you, what, upward of 40% of the map as long as you do a little bit of post-danger spread?

Capra

For the love of....

We need a reworking of the map that's just every section of floor and walls possible being covered in arrows directing people to the top.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That's what I tell myself everytime I lose in ranked.

I hear that. I just don't know what these other people are doing half the time. Just have to keep leaving and trying again until I get a decent team I guess. I'd settle for average at this point :p

Vecks

I would like to see saltspray changed up a bit. Unless people are just messing around, it always falls into the same pattern.

I've been playing since June and have had plenty of weird lag experiences, but that one's a first for me.

I had a pretty weird one too. The person was superjumping, so I saw the marker and was trying to camp it. All of a sudden I died. He killed me, then landed 3 seconds later.

Top Bottom