• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Thanks to Matthew.L, sugarbaby®, and sugarbaby©, whoever you are. We went on a long rampage through the Autobots, I got to Decepticons Queen, and we only lost I think three times. And then I got disconnected.

Azure J

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01tnpy9.jpg

And done. Not sure who's taking this because while there were a lot of high levels on the Decepticon side and I had issues with some of my Autobot brothers & sisters playing awkwardly, Autobots were already having in-fights from earlier this morning through now.

Also, my Inkling lookin' like she tired of this shit. :lol

jnWake

WVW69iVsgSknqkgw86

First time reaching Champion status...

My index is so tired now haha, went from 0p to 40kp using the Nozzlenose in the last few hours.

And again, shoutouts to my Splatfest bros bjrobotguy the Carbon Roller, Logan the Slosher and Key the N-Zap. I'm quite sure we won 15-16 matches in a row before our first loss. I was Wake, using the new Nozzlenose.

NateDrake

I've been a seeing a ton of new TV commercials for Splatoon running today. It talks about the recent update, new weapons/maps/gear and teases how more is still to come. Nice to see the game get a second round of marketing.

Vena

I've been a seeing a ton of new TV commercials for Splatoon running today. It talks about the recent update, new weapons/maps/gear and teases how more is still to come. Nice to see the game get a second round of marketing.

Likely means its still selling quite well, too. :p

Geg

Did the EU localization change their splatfest titles? In the earlier ones it would have been Eternal Dancing Girl/Boy

I guess they changed it just in time because they knew they couldn't pass up on Dancing Queen lol

Razmos

This "Lag" weapon really needs a nerf because my enemies are destroying me with it. You know, like a seeker trapping me in its own ink that it is leaving AHEAD of it before exploding.

ryechu

Robotguy

I've got a private lobby up if anyone wants to play some zones/tc/rainmaker.
Trying to get some practice for my team if we can.

First splatfest. What do i get for ranking up decepticons?

You get sea snails that can be used to re roll slots and add slots to gear. Depending on your overall rank the number you get is different. If we win overall we also get a few more sea snails.

To help our team win, just win matches. :D

Geg

First splatfest. What do i get for ranking up decepticons?

You get a certain amount of Super Sea Snails depending on your final splatfest rank, and if your team wins you get more. They unlock ability slots in lower-level gear and let you reroll sub abilities in gear you already have 3 sub abilities in

Tendo

Nice. Thanks guys! Not sure how much time I'll have tonight but I'll do my best. Cleaning house so far. Love my nzapper.

I went on a big losing streak for Decepticons right before going on a bigger winning streak. With two sub-15 players, even! It was pretty neat seeing our teamwork in action.

Later, after I got disconnected, I went to the firing range, where I discovered that the red light and beep on your ink tank means it's full, and it refills even if you just stand there.

Azure J

I hate Splatfest. Stopping at champion after losing 8 in a row.

That wasa great game and one of the few times my team wasn't shit house.

Really curious to hear more about that m,atch from your POV. It felt like once I lost the initial battle for the north, all hell broke loose and my team fell apart.

ayy lmao

96 gal deco too op, nerf pls

Edit: This reminds me of my Kraken activation to full parry a Killer Wail shot down the line on Mackerel today complete with "Let's go Justin" line. :lol

Razmos

Lmao I just got teabagged (squidbagged?)

I'm not even mad, we were chasing each other around a water tank, but he was using an N-Zap while I was using the heavy splatling, it went on for a while though because I put down an ink wall

ChrisD

In a lobby with two Queens and one Champion. We're an unstoppable force, even with my subpar sniping! Win streak up to thirteen so far. The two Queens are named Unagi and Shouka, pretty funny that two names like that would end up together.

At this rate I'll be Queen in no time.

ryechu

I went on a big losing streak for Decepticons right before going on a bigger winning streak. With two sub-15 players, even! It was pretty neat seeing our teamwork in action.

Later, after I got disconnected, I went to the firing range, where I discovered that the red light and beep on your ink tank means it's full, and it refills even if you just stand there.

the light and beep means that you have enough ink to use your sub weapon, not that it's full.

Codeblue

I got to King. Didn't play a single match where the winning team didn't win by more than 20%.

The last Splatfest I played was the first one and it took me a couple of games to find a decent team. It never happened with this one. I might get on later and try to help out more, but some of these players are helpless. I watched one guy try to jump closer to someone to snipe them, uncharged 3k, missed, and jumped right into the water.

Also kudos to whoever made the "Autobutts" sign.

Not quite! The red light on your tank in inkling form lets you know that you can use your sub weapon.

TM25

Neo Member
Singing KIng reached, last few teams were not the best.

Sent a few friend requests and added myself to the google doc.

I can't play for more than a minute before I get a Connection is Unstable message and then I drop.
What is your upload speed like (you really need at least 0.6MBs). Git gud connection one solution I've seen (and the one that worked for me). It seems since v2.0.0 the game is more strict on connection quality whereas before it would freeze the floor (presumebly for everyone) it now just kicks people.

A more trivial solution may be to switch to wired as wireless interferance can lead to packet losses.

What is really frustrating is Nintendo support are still useless here and will suggest you turn it off and on again and other silly things rather than ask questions about the connection itself or try to get to the bottom of the problem at all.

Did the EU localization change their splatfest titles? In the earlier ones it would have been Eternal Dancing Girl/Boy

I guess they changed it just in time because they knew they couldn't pass up on Dancing Queen lol
Maybe the titles are being changed so that having a splatfest theme the same in multiple regions is possible. The title has to fit into the message in five different languages and the eternal *theme* girl takes up

But it could be like you said and is similar to how in the amiibo challenges I've heard the final boss says some of the US versions lines (
time to drop the sea bass
).

Razmos

Also has anyone ever just watched your Inkling transform from squid to kid? it's creepy
WVW69iVtHGUo_0oUHN

The legs and eyes in particular, the legs grow outwards and the eyes ooze ink.

StAidan

OK, I had some really great Autobot teammates, we won almost every match -- and I played with many different people, so I got real lucky through the entire experience. Most of the time it was really just me and one other guy who were really "good" at the game, but that was enough to carry us through even the tough times, for the most part.

Really good splatfest experience this time around.

ChrisD

Also has anyone ever just watched your Inkling transform from squid to kid? it's creepy
WVW69iVtHGUo_0oUHN

The legs and eyes in particular, the legs grow outwards and the eyes ooze ink.

I like when the eyeballs render in the ink monster form. Then it just looks goofy.

Top Bottom