• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

So they did have voice chat. I knew something was up. I felt that match could have been won. That's a bit frustrating.

The compliments are nice.

EDIT: WTF at the points system. It just gave 16 points to them, and probably took 16 points or close from Jahra and Greg.

I don't know why you guys don't run voice chat. It should be built into Squad in the first place.

Geg

Autobots Queen finally, boy that was not a great Splatfest. I did find a good team today and we won about 75% of our matches but the vibe meter upon hitting Queen ended up less than any other splatfest.

c7CsfSF.jpg

The match that leveled me up to Queen I basically carried my team going 12-1 on Saltspray due to taking out waves of enemies charging into the middle and top platforms because no one on my team could keep them out

Also I only played against one other Autobots team in my whole time playing so the popularity split isn't that high in their favor

Doorman

I don't know why you guys don't run voice chat. It should be built into Squad in the first place.

Given the issues Nintendo's had just getting teams to properly connect in the first place, I can kind of understand why they might not have made voice chat a priority.

Whatever Nintendo's next at-home system is, I really, really hope that they include a typical networking port build in to it, rather than defaulting to Wi-fi. I feel like there are a ton of Autobots out there trying to play off of horrible connections for as many times as I was booted from a lobby after a match was supposedly found.

edit:
Also I only played against one other Autobots team in my whole time playing so the popularity split isn't that high in their favor
I actually wound up playing one Decepticons vs. Decepticons match during my time. It caught me really off-guard since I assumed that Autobots would totally clean up in popularity, hah.

Geg

And lol I just realized I went from fangirl all the way to queen without leveling up from Level 29. I'm still like 20 points away

Whatever Nintendo's next at-home system is, I really, really hope that they include a typical networking port build in to it, rather than defaulting to Wi-fi. I feel like there are a ton of Autobots out there trying to play off of horrible connections for as many times as I was booted from a lobby after a match was supposedly found.
Those people would still use WiFi tho

So... confession time. I just now, after hundreds of hours into the game, realized that the team status icons at the top change size depending on how your team is doing. The more turf you control, the larger they are. I just noticed them changing size as we were making a comeback in my last game!

J@hranimo

Banned
So they did have voice chat. I knew something was up. I felt that match could have been won. That's a bit frustrating.

The compliments are nice.

EDIT: WTF at the points system. It just gave 16 points to them, and probably took 16 points or close from Jahra and Greg.

Wow....I watched the first match with Walkman and Co. and had NO idea that our trio squad was after!

Even being at a disadvantage with 3v4, this was good. I saw a couple of errors as the rainmaker holder. Also yes DaBoss, I did lose about 16 points :(

ChrisD

The cheapskates like me would actually have a wired connection tho. I'm not paying $15 to have what was standard in '06.

E:
BlueLiquid said:
So... confession time. I just now, after hundreds of hours into the game, realized that the team status icons at the top change size depending on how your team is doing. The more turf you control, the larger they are. I just noticed them changing size as we were making a comeback in my last game!

....whoa

Doorman

A lot of them would, yes, but at least the option to use a wired connection would be right there from the jump, it makes that prospect a lot more appealing than having to hunt around online or elsewhere to buy a secondary accessory to use. It's an extra effort and expense that can be avoided, and even if 5% of people were to make use of it, well, that's 5% more playable matches. I'd like that.

mo60

Wait wtf my WiiU doesn't have an ethernet port? The hell? (Just got mine this week)

Yep. You have to buy WiiU compatible usb ethernet adapters(the adapter should support usb 2.0 if I recall) to play games like WiiU games splatoon on a wired connection. It's near impossible to get a usb ethernet adapter unless you search online for one. I can't wait to get mine sometime early next week.

DaBoss

I don't really have a voice chat solution for Discord, so we could have had voice chat (unless I use my laptop, but it's not convenient for me).

But even then, my issue with voice chat in squads comes, like you said, that it isn't built into the game itself for everyone to be able to use.
And lol I just realized I went from fangirl all the way to queen without leveling up from Level 29. I'm still like 20 points away
This Splatfest actually perfectly aligned with my EXP for leveling up lol.

So I needed 185 points to get from level 45 to level 46 at the start of Splatfest. And 184 is the amount of points you need to get to max Splatfest rank.
Wow....I watched the first match with Walkman and Co. and had NO idea that our trio squad was after!

Even being at a disadvantage with 3v4, this was good. I saw a couple of errors as the rainmaker holder. Also yes DaBoss, I did lose about 16 points :(
Damn, that sucks. Tri-hards is really about doing it at S rank it seems.

And yea, we definitely were playing too cautiously while we had the rainmaker.
We made it! This has to be my best record and my best Splatfest. I only lost two matches!
GO DECEPTICONS!

Jims

Finally grinded out the last 25 points and made it to Decepticon King. Got a lucky string of teams this year, so ended up being a pretty easy climb. Ended up at +33.0 freshness by the time I made it to King. Think I only lost about 4 or 5 games, so I did my evil duties for the day.

Looking forward to seeing the results! Hopefully we don't get crushed too badly in the popular vote.

The cheapskates like me would actually have a wired connection tho. I'm not paying $15 to have what was standard in '06.
You'll want such an adapter for certain scenarios if you ever get a laptop without an ethernet port anyways, which is becoming more and more likely. I recommend just plopping down the dough if you're able to wire up.
A lot of them would, yes, but at least the option to use a wired connection would be right there from the jump, it makes that prospect a lot more appealing than having to hunt around online or elsewhere to buy a secondary accessory to use. It's an extra effort and expense that can be avoided, and even if 5% of people were to make use of it, well, that's 5% more playable matches. I'd like that.
I haven't had an unplayable match for weeks though, assuming the microwave isn't on, and I'm on WiFi. I think this is partly because I was finally able to set up QOS though. Before I did that, sometimes when my bro was on his computer things would just go straight to hell. But now things are just fine.

I actually do have an adapter too. The reason I don't wire up is simply because I can't. Can't even use powerline adapters. Keep in mind that a lot of the worst laggers and shit are probably kids who have little to no control over such things.

I can get behind your notion for Mario Kart 8 though. Man fuck laggy item reels just fuck that stupid bullshit.

Vecks

An hour and a half left before the moment of truth. I forget, do they announce the results right away or does it happen later?

Vecks

Ugh. That's late. I want to go to sleep, but I must see and celebrate the Decepticon victory as soon as it happens.

ChrisD

So I just lost a thirty+ win streak thanks to a game that started 3v4. Now that +40 doesn't sound so close.
Thanks game!

So the new L3 is great and I'm pretty sure I'm making people mad with it. My K:D is going nuts.
I've only played with it on the night it released, but I enjoyed it quite a lot when I got it. I could dance circles around my enemies and poke them to death, and when it came to scoring I generally scored better with the Nozzlenose D relative to the Custom Jet Squelcher.

ChrisD

HOLD THE PHONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY HOURS
AND I JUST LEARNED YOU CAN CLIMB THE FREAKING PIPES ON SALTSPRAY BY THE MOVING PLATFORMS?

E:

I hate that it's uneven, but I think this is where I take my leave.... Actually I'm going to see if I can land four more wins because I like the number 45. I don't want to look at my Activity Log tonight.

ryechu

HOLD THE PHONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY HOURS
AND I JUST LEARNED YOU CAN CLIMB THE FREAKING PIPES ON SALTSPRAY BY THE MOVING PLATFORMS?

rofl. i just learned that you can swimjump from sniping perch 1 to perch 2 (from the dropoff ledge to the tip of the L shaped wall and back.

ChrisD

Aerospray tries to stunlock my Kraken, I just spam Burst Bombs the second I switch back and kill him. Amazing.

Were they a gold Aero or Silver? I expect better from silver so this is a relevant question.

rofl. i just learned that you can swimjump from sniping perch 1 to perch 2 (from the dropoff ledge to the tip of the L shaped wall and back.

I actually knew this in the Testfire, back when I wanted to be a ninja with the "OP Roller." But somehow I never thought to ink the pipes. I'm flabbergasted.

Crayolan

I'm at Champion 62 with 32 minutes left. Pretty sure if I lose more than 1 game I won't make it to queen. This is intense as hell.

Nia

I made it to Champion. Good enough. I'm tired of fighting. Forgive me Marie if we lose, but I'm done caring.

ChrisD

About to fight Superjem D:

I actually ran into him last Splatfest. I was on his side for at least ten games straight! :D

neshcom said:
Hah, it's just me lashing out. I don't play a lot of shooters in the first place. I'm sure there's SOME sort of technique to deal with it, it's just rough.

I hate getting boxed in, too, but you'd be surprised how easily you can break it by safely (emphasis on safe!) killing two of the ones camping you. The only issue is getting on the same page with randoms to achieve that break.

Also, I lost two games in a row, so. That 41 will just have to be my record. I'd say I should have tried for fifty, but after checking my activity log and physically cringing at six hours of straight game time, maybe that's not such a good goal to keep in mind.

PBalfredo

I hate to be the guy who wants to just shout at his teammate "You're doing it wrong!", but when kids on my team spend their time inking the southern walkways of Saltspray Rig while the other team is controlling the large northern platforms and setting up Beakons in the crane room, FML.

Top Bottom