• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

J@hranimo

Banned
Also has anyone ever just watched your Inkling transform from squid to kid? it's creepy
WVW69iVtHGUo_0oUHN

The legs and eyes in particular, the legs grow outwards and the eyes ooze ink.

Yup! It's especially weird after reading the sunken scroll about their evolution to living on land.

Oh my god these terrible players are making me hate Saltspray

I'm either the only one trying to take top, or I'm the only one holding it.

Who cares if they've inked the bottom! let them! arrrrrgh

DaBoss

Finally done Grindfest.

I some how won 37 straight (well 7 last night and 30 today afternoon/evening) games and made it to max Grindfest rank. This is the first time I've played on the less popular team, so I think that is the reason why my teams were good (though Saltspray had me just going why at times). Only 2 games were particularly close with the rest at least having a 15% difference.

EDIT: Oh yea, was using the L-3 Nozzlenose D only. This thing is amazing. Definitely what the Nozzlenose needed.

WALKMAN04

Lmao I just got teabagged (squidbagged?)

I'm not even mad, we were chasing each other around a water tank, but he was using an N-Zap while I was using the heavy splatling, it went on for a while though because I put down an ink wall
The term we use is squidkidding, I usually don't squidkid randoms, the only way I'll do it to a random person is if they did it to me first the. I make sure to make the rest of the match hell for them lol. Sometimes I don't even care about winning anymore I just want to kill them. If I'm playing in gaf room though and get a good kill I'll do it.

I just got an unstable connection message less than a second before my first match of the splatfest finished. >:-[

And the next, but much sooner.

Maybe this wasn't to be today.

Ahnez

Here's a slow motion video of the transformation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csED7aajU9s

The arms grow out of the legs! eeeek

Well, something must happen for their shapes to change so drasticaly :p

It's still less creepy than the fact that they literally explode when hit by enemy ink

But at least, their kid <=> squid transformation makes sense (as in, its possible to imagine how the transformation goes), unlike things like Samus' Morph ball lol

J@hranimo

Banned
Finally done Grindfest.

I some how won 37 straight (well 7 last night and 30 today afternoon/evening) games and made it to max Grindfest rank. This is the first time I've played on the less popular team, so I think that is the reason why my teams were good (though Saltspray had me just going why at times). Only 2 games were particularly close with the rest at least having a 15% difference.

EDIT: Oh yea, was using the L-3 Nozzlenose D only. This thing is amazing. Definitely what the Nozzlenose needed.

Yesss Nozzlenose D is awesome, it's actually what I wanted in a burst fire weapon. I will never use the other version again. Now to get gud with it in ranked, I think I got it covered (heh) as far as Turf Wars are concerned now.

correojon

I don't know how's it going for everyone else, but for me team Sing is annihilating team Dance. Currently at +13 and finding very few Dance players at rank 30 or above, most wins are with big point differences.

However, I haven't played a single Sing VS Sing yet, so the popularity vote may go for team Dance.

Razmos

I don't know how's it going for everyone else, but for me team Sing is annihilating team Dance. Currently at +13 and finding very few Dance players at rank 30 or above, most wins are with big point differences.

However, I haven't played a single Sing VS Sing yet, so the popularity vote may go for team Dance.
I had 2 Sing vs Sing matches in the 3-4 hours I was playing.

Geg

Noooo come on I just had a really good team but we only got to play three games together before it disconnected us in the lobby :(

I have played as part of 4 dance teams and none of them were any good. One might have been but I got disconnected early.

jholmes

Just played a few rounds, got some brutal matchmaking against until the last game: my team of Autobots, no one below level 24, against a Decepticon team of 10, 7, 4 and 1. The level 39 guy with the gold aerospray on the team took it pretty easy on them, going 1-0. They still took a huge pounding. How Nintendo lets these matches get made, I dunno.

Geg

I just played against a team that had multiple beakons on their spawn point at the end of the match. The only people on their team who could use beakons were level 21 and 22.

How. Hooooooooow.

correojon

I had 2 Sing vs Sing matches in the 3-4 hours I was playing.
Great!
However just as I made my post I've been dumped into a squad of a level 6, 10 and 15 and suddenly all the level 30 dancers that were nowhere to be found are appearing together. Just got 3 losses in a row :(. I can't babysit the whole team on my own if the best of them gets a 1-5 kd score.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just played against a team that had multiple beakons on their spawn point at the end of the match. The only people on their team who could use beakons were level 21 and 22.

How. Hooooooooow.
Because levels is only indicative of time played.

Luigi87

Got my Decepticons King Queen rank. That's enough Splatoon for today.

... so... will there ever be a Callie vs. Marie Splatfest?

Got my Decepticons King Queen rank. That's enough Splatoon for today.

... so... will there ever be a Callie vs. Marie Splatfest?

The question is when it will happen, and what will happen if they vote for the other sister, Callie's Team Marie vs Marie's Team Callie?

jariw

I think I got to +24.5 or something when I reached Dancing Queen. Played mostly with level 30+ players on both sides, except at the very last matches I played where the singing teams usually were level 20-. I exited a couple of bad teams at the start of the Splatfest, but once I found a good team we won the majority of our matches. I think good players will reach the highest Splatfest rank early, regardless of which team they voted for.

Xscapist

Every splatfest is a Callie v. Marie Splatfest.

I admit, I usually vote for whichever one Marie says she's siding with.

Just finished reaching Decepticon Queen. Using only the Golden Roller, because I've gotten so used it it I don't know how to use anything else.

Hackworth

So I'm getting sick of the loss screen. Like ten in a row
Why does Team Dancing have so many bad players (and why are they all on my team). I wanna be team Autobot.

WALKMAN04

Hey Zing, Saro, and Walkman, I was watching a youtuber's twitch stream reupload of their squad today.

Guess who showed up, and fought against them?

How did I miss that?
Nice 17-3 on stream, I even had a solo team wipe on his kill cam lol.
The question is when it will happen, and what will happen if they vote for the other sister, Callie's Team Marie vs Marie's Team Callie?
I swear I wouldn't know what to do either way I would be betraying Marie. I would probably just not vote and just sit that Splatfest out lol.

Doorman

Aaaaand I think that's going to do it for me for this 'fest. Sparing the random posting of screenshot, hit Decepticons King and ended with a vibe of +21.5. I stuck around for a few random matches after making it to the top rank and to try out a couple of things.

What I've learned!
- This really is my saltiest game of all time.
- While I've used the dynamo more, I think I actually prefer the regular splat roller. The slow swing speed is getting me killed when I try to be more aggressive and I never seem to benefit as much from the added range/inking.
- I might actually not write off the Slosher after all? Still very much a work-in-progress weapon but I had a few particularly nice rounds with it once I started incorporating burst bombs properly.
- Flounder Heights can fuck off forever, thanks.

I still think that Autobots is ultimately going to take it, but the gap in wins might not be what I originally assumed. Sometimes you just need to find a team with some good synergy!

ChrisD

1 hour after Splatfest ends they reveal the results
Usually an hour after splatfest finishes on the Sunday.

Oh wow. So that's a lot earlier than I thought! Thanks.

Don't know if I want to screw around for the last bit, or buckle down, go tryhard, and try to gather as many wins as possible. Decepticons have left me highly surprised with how good they've been, but maybe a few extra wins can balance out a few poor players...

DaBoss

Hey Zing, Saro, and Walkman, I was watching a youtuber's twitch stream reupload of their squad today.

Guess who showed up, and fought against them?
Then the next match is against DaBoss, Greg, and Jahra. Lol
So they did have voice chat. I knew something was up. I felt that match could have been won. That's a bit frustrating.

The compliments are nice.

EDIT: WTF at the points system. It just gave 16 points to them, and probably took 16 points or close from Jahra and Greg.

Top Bottom