• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

I have recently seen the light of Burst Bombs. I used to think they sucked but the Nozzlenose changed my opinion.

For some reason, people get terrified when you launch those bombs even if they don't hit that hard.
The next hit might kill them, why chance it? :p

But yeah Nozzlenose D was fun for me. Going from Custom Jet Squelcher to that, the trade off of being able to snipe vs dancing circles around the enemy is interesting.

If I've already reached Queen rank, is it helpful to my side (Decepticons) to keep playing?
Yes, as long as you keep winning. Your team rank is for your own benefit, but winning matches can help your team win Splatfest.

Hey people, is there a site where I can check up on scores in my past games?
I'm pretty sure I got highest score on the map but was on the losing team and I wanted to show off but couldn't grab a camera in time.
Not that I know of. Sorry mang :(

Just had an Autobots vs Autobots match. I thought there were more Decepticons?
I had 2 of those matches last night
lbpeAtu.jpg

Good luck autobots

J@hranimo

Banned
Huh, guess I've had the numbers wrong the whole time lol. Decepticons seem to have better players, I'm JUST now getting a good team for Autobots.

Made it out of the B- hole I created for myself and maxed the splatfest shirt (probably not the best idea as you will max it during the splatfest anyway). Time for a 2 hour break until the EU Splatfest.

Yeah B- players not terribly hot though (but neither am I) there was that one time I lost to a team with two gold aerosprays which I feel horrible about.

Splat zones has not changed one bit in that Moray towers usually lends victory by time out rather than knock out.

Huh, guess I've had the numbers wrong the whole time lol. Decepticons seem to have better players, I'm JUST now getting a good team for Autobots.
Had a great team last night but after a long winning streak we got disconnected :( but two of my teammates sent me friend request

taparoo

Got decepticons king, with an hour left before I have to go to work :D. Didn't have one Decepticon vs Decepticon match the whole time, so autobots will probably win popularity. In all the other splatfests I usually would eventually get on a great team and roll off 20+ game winning streak, that never happened this time.

Made it a lot more fun though, had a bunch of close wins and losses.

nom

Who did everyone vote for in the European Splatfest? I still need to pick but I don't care for either option :p

I don't know...Most of the deciptocons I'm paired with know what they're ding thankfully.

Doesn't really matter. Optimus Prime is way more popular than any amount of Decepticons so they're going to lose by popular vote. The only way they could win is if their win rate was considerably higher. I think we'd need a 60% win rate to stand a chance, but with the variables of griefers, disconnects, and genuinely terrible players out there, I can't see any sort of real consistency in either teams' performances to get that high of a win rate.

jwj442

So I enjoy this game, but I'm really bad at it. Any tips for getting better? My favorite weapon so far is the .52 Gal, and I also like the Zapper and Splattershot Jr. I think my biggest struggle is keeping awareness of what's going on in the map and my immediate surroundings at the same time. So often I get splatted while looking at the map, or someone gets an easy ambush on me because I wasn't paying attention to it to the map.

Is there any way to practice alone (on actual stages, not just the range in the shop) to learn the maps? I know there's the Battle Dojo, but I don't have a pro controller...

phanphare

Banned
So I enjoy this game, but I'm really bad at it. Any tips for getting better? My favorite weapon so far is the .52 Gal, and I also like the Zapper and Splattershot Jr. I think my biggest struggle is keeping awareness of what's going on in the map and my immediate surroundings at the same time. So often I get splatted while looking at the map, or someone gets an easy ambush on me because I wasn't paying attention to it to the map.

Is there any way to practice alone (on actual stages, not just the range in the shop) to learn the maps? I know there's the Battle Dojo, but I don't have a pro controller...

yeah there's a recon mode for all of the stages in a rotation and you can go in there alone for however much time each match lasts and mess around

TM25

Neo Member
Not feeling this splatfest at all, and I don't know why. I enjoyed every other one.

Only going to bother because of the snails and therefore free rerolls.

Team Callie/Singing/Perish Song.

ChrisD

How I said sniping is a boring playstyle? It still is if you're on the receiving end. But the exhilaration you feel landing consecutive kills is GREAT. :D

Doorman

Alright splatfest, here I come. Not particularly looking forward to the grind but I'm gonna need those snails as I'm not high enough into ranked battles to rely on that cash machine for rerolls.

ChrisD

LOL
There was this guy on the enemy side who I saw squid-kidding a teammate. I killed him and reciprocated. I then saw his spawn ring. Got safe, charged up, killed him on landing, squid-kidded again. Saw his landing circle AGAIN, you can guess what I did. Too bad we lost by 0.6, that would have been great hahahaha.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm telling you guys, this outcome is gonna be just like North Pole vs South Pole.

Decepticons wins due to win ratio while having less people.

Kinvara

Squidboards said that the "winnings" category is based on experience earned not necessarily the number of matches won/lost.

Is this true?

Jims

I don't know who you are Ayralynn and Mario, but thanks for making this an easy Splatfest. Found a core trio of two .96 Decos and a Slosher, with a rotating Splattescope/Tentatek/Dynamo/Krak-On and absolutely cleaned house for over 2 hours. Dropped only 2 games out of the 30 or so we played. Ended up delaying lunch for over an hour because of them, lol.

...Although none of them would ever Booyah back. Decepticons are a very serious and businesslike squad. :(

Doorman

Autobots are going to sweep the splatfest in both popularity and victories. All because I am goddamned ass at this game. I hate myself and by extension everything else in the universe.

Makes sense why I went Decepticon.

WALKMAN04

Squidboards said that the "winnings" category is based on experience earned not necessarily the number of matches won/lost.

Is this true?
I don't know where they got that from but it clearly says win percentage not winnings or points, I think only wins matter. Wins against the opposite team, wins against your own team don't mean anything but getting your Splatfest rank up.

Mohonky

America got Autobots and Decepticons? Man we got Singing and Dancing.......also, teammates are shit + laggy matches

I hate when you lose connection and ya get taken away from a good team . Almost made it to champion with the same 3 people with only two loses ;-;

Nico_D

+ laggy matches

I just shot someone in the back with N-Zap close to 20 times before he died.

Someone killed me, kept walking and inking the ground for most of the animation I get of my killer. And then he died.

Someone shot at me beyond the grave for multiple seconds. I didn't die. Dead squids can't aim shit.

TM25

Neo Member
First proper loss not lag related. GAF related though, pretty sure James just splatted me three times that match.

I'm telling you guys, this outcome is gonna be just like North Pole vs South Pole.

Decepticons wins due to win ratio while having less people.

That's because there was an almost even split on popularity. Same thing happened with the Roller Coast vs. Waterslide with an almost even split. Of the 10 Splatfests so far across the world, only two of them were won by the team that lost the popular vote. That's 80% of victories going to the more popular side.

Optimus Prime is one of the most popular characters of all time. It's going to be a blow out.

Ahnez

I don't know who you are, Broshi, Jaxon and Gumi, but know you were the best random teammates this game ever paired me with lol

Too bad I got an error :/

I think I like being on the unpopular side more. Less headaches so far. I doubt we will win overall, but battles so far have been going pretty easy. Almost halfway through champ.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well I'm done for this Splatfest. Got to king, but tired of having a teammate disconnect midmatch leaving the rest of us to get stomped or just having poor teammates in general. Too much frustration.

LostAnkh

"Oh, it looks like there's only 3 people playing on their team. I guess you could call the person that left, a quidder"

I've got dumb jokes.

Nico_D

Well I'm done for this Splatfest. Got to king, but tired of having a teammate disconnect midmatch leaving the rest of us to get stomped or just having poor teammates in general. Too much frustration.

I'm close to quitting too and I'm not even King yet. Simply I'm not having any fun. Lag is even worse than it's been recently with the Japanese.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
"Oh, it looks like there's only 3 people playing on their team. I guess you could call the person that left, a quidder"

I've got dumb jokes.

I smirked.

I'm close to quitting too and I'm not even King yet. Simply I'm not having any fun. Lag is even worse than it's been recently with the Japanese.

Yeah, I don't know what it is this time around. Felt the same way last night but decided to give it another go today. Had a decent streak going for a bit, but then it quickly went downhill when the decent teammates I had left. Guess it's my fault for not taking the hint lol

Top Bottom