• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Gsnap

Not really having much fun with this splatfest in comparison to the last one.

I've seen far more lag today than I ever have. Killing an enemy, swimming far away and then exploding out of nowhere. Watching inzooka strikes go past me 3 feet away and dying to them. I will never complain about japanese lag again.

Things are also just going pretty slowly. Lots of same team matches.

B_Bech

That's because there was an almost even split on popularity. Same thing happened with the Roller Coast vs. Waterslide with an almost even split. Of the 10 Splatfests so far across the world, only two of them were won by the team that lost the popular vote. That's 80% of victories going to the more popular side.

Optimus Prime is one of the most popular characters of all time. It's going to be a blow out.

I'm Team Autobot, but you're forgetting about the immense popularity of Megatron, especially in memes. Soundwave and Starscream are fan favorites as well. From what I'm seeing it's a dead even split, only skill and levels seem to be higher for the Decepticons. I hate to say it but the bad guys will likely win.

Geg

There have been some Autobots vs Autobots matches, which means they'll win the popularity factor. From what I've seen Decepticons will probably win the win count though

Hmmmmm...
yy5yd1p.jpg

I think you need more stuff on your screen

lol did you see Azure and atr0cious's match against each other?
Ya I did :3 I liked seeing the Nozzlenose D in action! I'm actually wondering if it's okay for me to emphasize run speed up or if this weapon still needs damage ups like the normal Nozzlenose does.

I'm gonna go grind out the last rank though, I think I got too greedy and kept losing track of what the streamers were saying.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Can we form a GAF team to play during Splatfest ? Sorry I've been a bit out of Splatoon for a while and totally suck at the game :( Just trying to get back into it now ! If we can create a party to participate in Splatfest, anybody here wanna play together in 2 hours ?

Vecks

Can we form a GAF team to play during Splatfest ? Sorry I've been a bit out of Splatoon for a while and totally suck at the game :( Just trying to get back into it now ! If we can create a party to participate in Splatfest, anybody here wanna play together in 2 hours ?

You can't form your own teams. It's random teams only. However, it doesn't look like there's proper skill-based matchmaking, so perhaps you could try hopping on at the same time and try to luck out.

Geg

Yeah there's no playing with friends in Splatfest matches unless you're just lucky enough to get teamed together. Since the August update hit you can play normal private matches with friends while Splatfest is going on though

I'm Team Autobot, but you're forgetting about the immense popularity of Megatron, especially in memes. Soundwave and Starscream are fan favorites as well. From what I'm seeing it's a dead even split, only skill and levels seem to be higher for the Decepticons. I hate to say it but the bad guys will likely win.

People know who Flash and Green Lantern are, but you pit them against Batman in a popularity vote to the public, Batman will win every time.

Made it to Champion. I think Dancing might have this one. Has some terrible losses as Singing. That said the most glorious victory was annihilating a team with a level 47 player on it. It was something like 80/9 split. The moral there is not even a level 47 can do much about being matched with a poor team.

I'm at that weird point of the game where I feel I can win more consistently at ranked than I can turf wars. Maybe I'm still below my actual rank so to speak.

Random splatfest fact
http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Splatfest said:
While performing, Marie's hands constantly clip through her skirt.
Thanks wiki :(

You can see people dancing in their houses at night on Flounder Heights, that's so cool.
I think the Cicada also make different noises too.

Doorman

I think I might have single handedly lost it for the Decepticons. Time to jump off a cliff.

I felt this way earlier, and it was infuriating. About two games before I was about to say fuck it and take a break until later tonight, I stumbled into a team composition where we all seemed to understand the maps reasonably well and went on a pretty good winning streak, like 13-1 before I just got booted via a connection problem (which, incidentally, I've run into a lot more of this time around, the hell.). It was a team effort, too, since seemingly in each game one of us would be there to pick up the performance if one of the others wasn't doing so well.

So shoutouts to Bloxxer the inkbrush, Anba the kelp splatterscope, and Yennefer the Aero-RG for the good games and for helping to rebalance my mental stability.

This. Easy kills are always welcomed.
That only works in Splatfests because of how poor the player quality is. lol

In good Turf War rooms the Inkstrike is generally pretty ass outside of cheesing at the end and a couple other scenarios. You have to be super selective with where you use an inkstrike, too, because a bad position is basically "Hey enemy team, here's an easy way to fill up your meter!"

Luigi87

Wired a 50' network cable I've had in my room for years, yet only used when I felt like it, around my room so it wouldn't be in the way. Now perma-wired connection. Dunno if it'll make any difference for me here in Splatoon, but either way!

J@hranimo

Banned

That took much longer than needed.

I'm pretty confident Decepticons won this. Autobots may have the numbers, but man...the difference between good and bad players was vast. I'm sure the win ratio is in their favor.

Top Bottom