• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Vecks

I hate to be the guy who wants to just shout at his teammate "You're doing it wrong!", but when kids on my team spend their time inking the southern walkways of Saltspray Rig while the other team is controlling the large northern platforms and setting up Beakons in the crane room, FML.

Saltspray is the worst for splatfest because of this. Nobody understands.

neshcom

Banned
I can get Champion if I just get this last game in under the wire!
Oh jeez, I hope it took in time. Went to the report at my result screen.

Geg

Autobots Queen finally, boy that was not a great Splatfest. I did find a good team today and we won about 75% of our matches but the vibe meter upon hitting Queen ended up less than any other splatfest.

The match that leveled me up to Queen I basically carried my team going 12-1 on Saltspray due to taking out waves of enemies charging into the middle and top platforms because no one on my team could keep them out

Also I only played against one other Autobots team in my whole time playing so the popularity split isn't that high in their favor

So after this I won 10 games in a row to finish at 24.5. Pretty sure we had like 60% on every game too. Really great team that unfortunately showed up really late in the Splatfest

Sorry to SUPERJEM94 for that loss, you had one roller on your team who just kept running up to me without much of a plan lol

edit: lmao no wonder we kept winning, our ranks were an A, two A+, and an S

One of my teammates was VGC|Plate. Is that anyone of note?

Doorman

I hate to be the guy who wants to just shout at his teammate "You're doing it wrong!", but when kids on my team spend their time inking the southern walkways of Saltspray Rig while the other team is controlling the large northern platforms and setting up Beakons in the crane room, FML.

I feel like it's the easy first test of whether or not you've got a competent Splatfest team or not. If you are the only person rushing to stake claim to the top half at the very beginning of a match, you're not likely going to stay with that group very long at all. :p

I feel similarly about a few certain maps when, during a win, people try to get too greedy with spawn-camping instead of maintaining containment of the enemy team. I nearly lost a round on Port Mackerel because while all three of my teammates were all clustered up near their spawn point trolling, I got taken out further back by someone leaking out the side alley and they started trying to reclaim the entire map from us. Never have I post-death rapid-fire Booyah'd as hard as in that moment, just trying to get them to realize what was going on.

Crayolan

97/99

darth_vader_noooo.jpg

Didn't lose a single game since that last post. Matchmaking was just too slow.

1 loss between defender through queen and it made the difference, fuckin 3v4's.

PBalfredo

Saltspray is the worst for splatfest because of this. Nobody understands.

I feel like it's the easy first test of whether or not you've got a competent Splatfest team or not. If you are the only person rushing to stake claim to the top half at the very beginning of a match, you're not likely going to stay with that group very long at all. :p

I just want Callie and Marie to do PSAs when you boot up the game. Lets players know if you're trying to win a Turf War by controlling southern Saltspray, you're a kid now.

Want to see the results, I'm pretty sure popularity may be almost 50/50. I just played a couple of matches against fellow autobots. The last hour I ended up teaming up with a bunch of low level players and we actually destroyed our opponents... I wonder if they were GAFers on disguise: nice job JTL, John Jr. and kjlutz1988!!!

I can't believe how a team composed of 3 30+ level players would go to the south of the Saltspray Rig during one of our matches. Maybe some decepticons were autobot spies or something...

Africanus

See for me on Salt Spray Rig, I would lure one teammate to paint the top portion while I set up beacons and then let them (and the other 2) roam about while I basically set up a blockade to defend the upper portion as best as I could.
Most of the time my teammates were incompetent regarding the upper portion, but sometimes there would be an awareness and it would make my job much easier. It's hard as a Krak-on roller taking on E-liters, dual squelchers, and tentateks while your teammates are fooling around on the bottom box.

Ahh well, I hope auto-bots win.

I once stayed on the southern part of Saltspray purely because I was attracting players who wanted to kill me and thus didn't go up top.

ChrisD

97/99

darth_vader_noooo.jpg

That sucks! D:
Which side were you on, again? I want to root for your team to win so you can at least make a nice amount of snails, but then I may be rooting against my own. Life is hard.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Note to self: don't ever go shopping with women at the day of splatfest. You'll end up wasting half of your day lol. Good thing I got autobot king at the morning. I didn't play anymore after that ): wish I could've and up my streak even more xD oh well, hope autobots win~

And here we go again...

These Japanese lobbies are making me nauseous. Is there, like, an official place where I can tell Nintendo that we need region based lobbies? Cuz this shit is fucking infuriating.

97/99

darth_vader_noooo.jpg

Man that sucks.

I wasn't feel well today. I was only planning for Champion. Got it with a win in my second to last macth. Even if I lost that and the second (I did) I would have had exactly enough.

By far my most winning Splatfest. My deceptions were dominating.

During the last few matches I did lose a bit more than half.

The shipping yard is probably the map that can go the most bad. You can get trapped near your spawn and vice-versa. Had that happen a couple of times.

I feel like Autobots will win popularity but Deceptions will win more matches and it overall. Seemed like more lower-level players on the Autobot side.

Only six minutes left.

KingBroly

Banned
And here we go again...

These Japanese lobbies are making me nauseous. Is there, like, an official place where I can tell Nintendo that we need region based lobbies? Cuz this shit is fucking infuriating.

I don't like playing with Japanese players because it feels like they have an inherent lag advantage in every single match I play.

Gsnap

The best thing about saltspray during splatfest is that even if your team is dumb, the other team is often just as dumb.

I've had more than a few matches on there today where I went to take the north by myself uncontested because both teams were convinced the south was really worth going for.

Gsnap

I figured. I barely saw any kings and queens for autobots. And the popularity vote wasn't nearly drastic enough to offset it this time.

Top Bottom