• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

I agree with this.

The jet is my main weapon, and it can be very useful against chargers

To pressure chargers, you have to know very well your max range. Wait for them to shot and just then start shooting. But because of the very slow firing rate, you MUST NOT miss a single shot. Also, don't give away your position unless you're sure they are in your range

Five shots from the jet are still faster than a full chage from splat chargers or e-liters - the only chargers that can outrange you. Even if you also get splatted, you at least can reliably take them with you
The chargers I'm playing against don't need full charge to ohko me, and they happen to snap their shots pretty well :^)

I guess I need move around more somehow. I just happened to be stuck doing stupid things last night so that impacted my judgment or something.

And the easiest choice would be to just switch to something with inkzooka in a charger heavy Gaf game.

WVW69iV5VBInKBX1Ub

Well one thing is the same as America. The more popular team lost.

What the actual fuck. Literally everything I'd seen on the run up to Splatfest suggested more people were voting singing and then my absolute miserable hell experience during Splatfest made it seem that singing would be crushed in terms of win/loss ratio.

I'm not complaining about the extra shells, but god damn that seems messed up.

Ahnez

Damn you for conspiring against us sweet innocent chargers.

That might work. Or it might not. You are welcome to try.

A good charger can potentially be the deciding factor in whether their team wins or loses; taking you guys out is always priority #1.
/\

When playing with the jet, I always go after the chargers first. You all are way too dangerous in ranked battles.

Some maps sure doesn't help us Jets against chargers.. There's not much to do about it :p

Don't say this, or I may attempt a true cosplay and hop into a coma for 9 years. Maybe Splatoon 3 won't have them.

The best way to deal with bad weapon choices is making their lives hell during the match.. But thats just my opinion :p

The chargers I'm playing against don't need full charge to ohko me, and they happen to snap their shots pretty well :^)

I guess I need move around more somehow. I just happened to be stuck doing stupid things last night so that impacted my judgment or something.

And the easiest choice would be to just switch to something with inkzooka in a charger heavy Gaf game.

Well, I normally run Defense Ups to counter those partial charge OHKO, but yeah this is a very specific strategy..

Maybe when I get better gear I can have a better judgement on this strat :p

Robotguy

Dunno when we'll be starting since everything is going behind schedule, but Gaf's team Name Subject to Change will be competing in a tournament today starting shortly. James and I will be streaming at twitch.tv/jamesrcade and twitch.tv/robotguy3.

Edit: beaten by James. :p

phanphare

Banned
If you want to watch GAF embarrass themselves in the Booyah Battle you can :p

www.multitwitch.tv/robotguy3/jamesrcade

should be starting soon

Dunno when we'll be starting since everything is going behind schedule, but Gaf's team Name Subject to Change will be competing in a tournament today starting shortly. James and I will be streaming at twitch.tv/jamesrcade and twitch.tv/robotguy3.

Edit: beaten by James. :p

good luck guys! gonna watch some until I draft for FF

ryechu

With the dual squelcher when fighting against chargers I try to swap from stealthy to hyper aggressive on a dime. Wait for for them to fire a shot, then pop when I'm within range and don't stop pursuing them until one of us is dead. This should be easier for you as a jet squelcher because you can hit snipers on perches that I can't, though the slower fire rate may be a problem.

I don't really agree with ryechu when he says they're not good against chargers, I feel they're the perfect weapons for pressuring them. A lot of practice and skill at predicting when they're going to snap the laser to you and dodging shots helps a lot in head on fights.

i was referring to jet squelchers. their dps is too low and a snipers blindspot typically is closer range than a jet squelchers range. jet squelchers are positioned by the game as a counter to chargers, but imo they are only effective against things that they outrange.

TM25

Neo Member
24 snails and no triple. Spend 30,000 and there it is.

Hope everyone else has better luck with the con artist.

Geg

i was referring to jet squelchers. their ttk is too low and a snipers blindspot typically is closer range than a jet squelchers range. jet squelchers are positioned by the game as a counter to chargers, but imo they are only effective against things that they outrange.

Ah yeah maybe, I don't have any actual experience with the Jet.

Maybe robotguy can give some better advice once he finishes the tournament matches

You still win the popularity %. Unless that rice vs bread one in Japan was worse?

Rice and Milk Tea won both their respective Popular and Win Rates.

Of the four Splatfests where the popular vote lost, Autobots were indeed the highest at 58% popularity, so in a way that made it the highest wall to beat.

Europe did just win the highest total score in the world, beating Grasshopper's 273.

Geg

Robotguy when did you start using the .96 Deco? I don't think I've ever seen you use it before watching this lol

atr0cious

The best way to deal with bad weapon choices is making their lives hell during the match.. But thats just my opinion :p
Almost every single game I lost during splatfest had an aerospray on my team, two of them more often than not. They have the worst tools for the bigger maps and yet people insist on them because their immediate point total is relatively high. They thrive on small maps and big maps inflate their score so I don't know what it'll take to get rid of them.

Almost every single game I lost during splatfest had an aerospray on my team, two of them more often than not. They have the worst tools for the bigger maps and yet people insist on them because their immediate point total is relatively high. They thrive on small maps and big maps inflate their score so I don't know what it'll take to get rid of them.

Ninja Rollers.

Lots and lots of Ninja Rollers.

WonderPup

Does anyone have a link for that Google docs spreadsheet for gear? I need to look some stuff over. I have a good gear set for using Ink Brushes. I need to make one for Rollers and one for my guns. I'm open to recommendations and suggestions, too.

Robotguy

Robotguy when did you start using the .96 Deco? I don't think I've ever seen you use it before watching this lol
Like a few days ago, lol.
I mained the Vanilla .96 before switching to DS.
I like the Deco for Tower control for Splash Wall and Kraken, and since we've chosen tower control for every match so far I'm playing a lot of it.

Slow tourney is slow. :(

Lurking the Splatoon thread made me decide to register a GAF account. My NNID is pizzaparties. Looking forward to playing with you dudes.

Does anyone have a link for that Google docs spreadsheet for gear? I need to look some stuff over. I have a good gear set for using Ink Brushes. I need to make one for Rollers and one for my guns. I'm open to recommendations and suggestions, too.

There's also a Google script that's a gear set finder, put in what 6 abilities you want, and it'll try and find what gear has that said combination.

https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbyVSaJC5L7Tj4aTouH0Tc-cflQHzrUdgoVjUjn0A9xQVH99tG0/exec

J@hranimo

Banned
Lurking the Splatoon thread made me decide to register a GAF account. My NNID is pizzaparties. Looking forward to playing with you dudes.

Welcome! I like pizza parties :p

Check the OP for the NNID spreadsheet and if you want you can join our Discord chat client. Deets are in the second post of the thread.

Rerolled that Defense Up Takaroka hat.

Got 3x Bomb Range Up.

Jahra told me to keep so I am. So 2x snails to upgrade it and then one more to reroll its godawful sub distribution. I guess I'm satisfied with this use of my snails.

Top Bottom