• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

RedFyn

The silver aerospray isn't horrible, the issue is that it gets beat by too many popular weapons. The only reason you'd use it are for its sub and special which also happen to get beat by a very popular weapon.

It gets beat up close by rollers, nzaps, splash and blasters and at range by well everything. So why use it. Well seekers are good but hard to use effectively and while the inkzooka is great both of these are countered by the inkwall. Once the inkwall drops in popularity it may have a chance to shine.

Seekers became less popular once folks started realizing that you can jump over them. I just need to remember to stop being greedy and trying to jump over two in a row :X

Nico_D

The .96 with wall and kraken is probably becoming the most used weapon, and it deserves it. A very solid loadout, great weapon

I agree with all that. I've happened to have team mates who don't ink the ground and leave me in dire with .96 in my hand. I would like to use it more. My aim isn't perfect either which doesn't go down well with .96.

Nico_D

Join up to the best squad ever. Want us to carry you to S? No problem! We can do that!

Join now and win luxurious thank yous!

ChrisD

I've been doing okay with Roller today, but if it doesn't work out I'll switch to Blaster. That's my comfort food weapon. :p'

E: Blaster it is!

That Overtime! So close yet so far. D:

WALKMAN04

I've been doing okay with Roller today, but if it doesn't work out I'll switch to Blaster. That's my comfort food weapon. :p'

E: Blaster it is!

That Overtime! So close yet so far. D:
Glad to see someone who has been active in the thread lately finally play with some of us, but you should also make a discord account, it's an easy way to have text as well as voice chats with everyone, your team is talking on it right now after like every game lol. Details are in the second post of the thread, it takes like 2 min to set up an account.

ChrisD

Glad to see someone who has been active in the thread lately finally play with some of us, but you should also make a discord account, it's an easy way to have text as well as voice chats with everyone, your team is talking on it right now after like every game lol. Details are in the second post of the thread, it takes like 2 min to set up an account.

Walkman speaks words of truth. We are on discord.

Was setting it up between matches. Gonna' pop out of the lobby and get it all set.

E: Oh, lol, I hit the wrong link. That's why it was empty, I was in that mibbit place. :p

Robotguy

Unless you're Kas, lol.

ChrisD

Got it set, claimed my account, accepted invite, but it's saying I don't have permission to view the message history. There's also no chat going on. I'm gonna' see if I missed something obvious, otherwise I'm somehow lost.

I was missing something obvious

Robotguy

Got it set, claimed my account, accepted invite, but it's saying I don't have permission to view the message history. There's also no chat going on. I'm gonna' see if I missed something obvious, otherwise I'm somehow lost.

I was missing something obvious
I think you're in #splatoon 1
Click on #chatforeveryone on the left side.

Azure J

The .96 with wall and kraken is probably becoming the most used weapon, and it deserves it. A very solid loadout, great weapon, great sub, and great special. I think that instead of people calling the tentatek the best weapon that everyone will jump on the .96 now.

As someone playing both the Tentatek and 96 Deco, I don't really think people will jump ship from the former to the latter. I think they're both exemplary weapons that cover short, mid and long range scenarios well while possessing enough variance between them that it'd be more about player style and mannerisms when picking between them.

As an aside note, I had a discussion on stream a while back regarding weapons I felt "had it all" and the long and short of it was that Tentatek Splattershot, .96 Gal Deco, & the Carbon roller were my picks for the most versatile weapons (and load outs) in the game so far with Octobrush Noveau being an interesting possible fourth member in the future. I would almost put E-Liter/Scope vanilla here too, but it doesn't ink well/fast/efficiently enough to get the full recommendation.

ffdgh

It's slowly coming together.
HhRR3DK.jpg

Still need 2 slots and a reroll for those boots. I'm making spyke rich as heck.

WALKMAN04

As someone playing both the Tentatek and 96 Deco, I don't really think people will jump ship from the former to the latter. I think they're both exemplary weapons that cover short, mid and long range scenarios well while possessing enough variance between them that it'd be more about player style and mannerisms when picking between them.

As an aside note, I had a discussion on stream a while back regarding weapons I felt "had it all" and the long and short of it was that Tentatek Splattershot, .96 Gal Deco, & the Carbon roller were my picks for the most versatile weapons (and load outs) in the game so far with Octobrush Noveau being an interesting possible fourth member in the future. I would almost put E-Liter/Scope vanilla here too, but it doesn't ink well/fast/efficiently enough to get the full recommendation.
I should probably word it differently, all the people who played tentatek just because they thought it was the best weapon, will probably switch to .96. However I think they both have a place in the game though.

Pay attention in class

Geg

Regarding the Dual Squelcher talk from earlier, yeah James talked with us about that some in the chat in between waiting for rounds to start yesterday. In my own experience going up against N-Zaps as a Dual Squelcher user, I usually don't even trade with them, I just lose. The ttk just feels so much faster and if I can't keep them out of range of me then it's hard for me to win unless their aim is off

Win: +8
Lose: -12
... what the hell game, this is only B- @_@

What's your point total in B-? I think with the new update the game started reducing your point gain and increasing your point loss once you're over the 80 point threshold. It will also adjust points depending on if you have someone ranked far above you on your team, like if a random B+ made it into your all B- room and wound up on your team.

Luigi87

What's your point total in B-? I think with the new update the game started reducing your point gain and increasing your point loss once you're over the 80 point threshold. It will also adjust points depending on if you have someone ranked far above you on your team, like if a random B+ made it into your all B- room and wound up on your team.

Hm, okay that makes sense. As well as team scaling I suppose.

Yeah it was in the 80s.
... if I win this next match I might hit B!... if I lose, well then turning off the game to go clean, lol

ffdgh

You're using the splash :eek: <3

Favorite weapon so far. Enjoy how easy it is to fill the special gauge up with this setup for clutch suction bomb throws.

Now if I can get one or two bomb range up and one more special duration/charge up i'm set.

Luigi87

Yiss, B rank!
All thanks to two enemies who were so focused on covering my team's base in ink, they totally ignored the guys advancing quickly on the tower without stop.

phanphare

Banned
Favorite weapon so far. Enjoy how easy it is to fill the special gauge up with this setup for clutch suction bomb throws.

Now if I can get one or two bomb range up and one more special duration/charge up i'm set.

splash-o-matic + special charge up = madness

Azure J

I should probably word it differently, all the people who played tentatek just because they thought it was the best weapon, will probably switch to .96. However I think they both have a place in the game though.

Pay attention in class

Yeah definitely to both. =)

Edit: Ffdgh doing work in ranked. Didn't you get the game on Friday and you're B 30 already?

ChrisD

Fun games, Nico, Doc, Jeff! I now know what not to use when playing with others as to not humiliate us all. *coughRollercoughRangeBlastercough*

ffdgh moving in ranks quicker than people who've owned the game for months. Must be firehopping.

Yo so if I put my NNID at the end of the Google Spreadsheet, will it automatically fit itself into alphabetical order? I don't want to go moving other's names around. =X

Though seeing how long it is already, is it even used anymore?

ffdgh

Alright, what's your playtime? lol
...I'm embarrassed to say. It wasn't a productive weekend to say the least.
Yeah definitely to both. =)

Edit: Ffdgh doing work in ranked. Didn't you get the game on Friday and you're B 30 already?

I wouldn't call it work. More like the other teams aren't too hard to manage so far lol.

splash-o-matic + special charge up = madness

Sweet sweet madness that almost always make others run away lol.

Speaking of ranked I made it into B+ and was welcomed with 3 losses in a row and nearly knocked back into B. Oh dear.

I also decided to level up a bomb range up hat and tried the bucket out. I can't stand the Inkling Boys winning animation. That not quite trollface he does...

Also got to witness an epic rainmaker victory where the rainmaker user made it to the goal with not one but 2 kraken in pursuit.

Geg

Now that you're all in B you'll understand what an inescapable hell that rank is. You'll be playing both with highly skilled players who blasted through the bottom ranks and are just working their way up and with bad players who lucked their way through the lower ranks by pairing with better teammates and are now seeing their luck run dry

Sweet sweet madness that almost always make others run away lol.
That probably won't work for much longer. The best way to deal with enemies using bomb rush (except for burst bombs) is to charge in without fear and take them out before they can throw too many

ChrisD

Grabbed a quick snapshot of this month's playtime before tomorrow...

From August 4th to today, the only titles played are Splatoon, Browser, Miiverse, and Activity Log.

The Splatfests are probably a good 15% of playtime alone.

WALKMAN04

Fun games, Nico, Doc, Jeff! I now know what not to use when playing with others as to not humiliate us all. *coughRollercoughRangeBlastercough*

ffdgh moving in ranks quicker than people who've owned the game for months. Must be firehopping.

Yo so if I put my NNID at the end of the Google Spreadsheet, will it automatically fit itself into alphabetical order? I don't want to go moving other's names around. =X

Though seeing how long it is already, is it even used anymore?
No I doubt anyone still uses it, best way to add people would be by just talking in discord, ask if anyone is looking for a squad or one more member, then add them. Not playing at the moment but feel free to swing me a friend request, just say who are in the request please, my nnid is my gaf name all caps.

I've only ever used the Discord text chat, for you guys using audio, are you just talking into your phone between matches, or using a headset during matches, or what?

I thought about using a headset but not hearing the TV sound would cause some difficulties

TM25

Neo Member
One match away from B+ and one shot tentateks, invincible rollers, and crappy team mates prevent that. At B 74 now after defeating a team of all B+ because don't make it easy for me. B hell is real. Also someone else could do me a favour and get on the tower once in a while.

ffdgh

That probably won't work for much longer. The best way to deal with enemies using bomb rush (except for burst bombs) is to charge in without fear and take them out before they can throw too many

Don't worry I know. I try to do it out of sight when I can...or clear a path in rain maker and tower control.

WALKMAN04

I've only ever used the Discord text chat, for you guys using audio, are you just talking into your phone between matches, or using a headset during matches, or what?

I thought about using a headset but not hearing the TV sound would cause some difficulties
I've only ever used it yesterday, I just used headphones with a mic, just the regular beats headphones that are used for listening to music, worked perfectly heard everything during the matches and my teammates seemed to hear me fine too. I don't think anyone uses the voice chat solely in between matches, just use the text chat if you want to talk after a match.

Edit: I just had one headphone in my ear, so I could listen to the game from the other ear, don't know about for headsets though.

Robotguy

My Wii U and PC are both setup at my desk. I use my webcam's mic for voice chat. I feed game audio from the headphone jack on my monitor into the line in on my PC, and set it to play that back. So I get both my game audio and chat audio from my pc. Works alright.

Luigi87

Now that you're all in B you'll understand what an inescapable hell that rank is. You'll be playing both with highly skilled players who blasted through the bottom ranks and are just working their way up and with bad players who lucked their way through the lower ranks by pairing with better teammates and are now seeing their luck run dry

XT3bX84.png

TM25

Neo Member
I had 19 kills and the rest of the tea had less than that combined. We lost of course.

Does this count as spam by the way?

Pikma

Banned
B really is hell, even in S I sometimes encounter a few teammates that have no fucking idea of what they are doing and what they should be doing. B is like that but x100 worse.

Top Bottom