• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

What hat/ability should I use for my Sanic loadout?

lMaa1G0.png
Another rockenberg brand to get the run subs :p

Ahnez

lMaa1G0.png

This looks perfect for the heavy splatling lol

Since there's no hat with Run/Swim Speed combinations, maybe just get something with run speed and the the other being useful for your specific weapon

Somehow, the team I was on managed to lose.

It was 4 (us) vs 2 (them).

I covered 1940 turf.

The rest of my team managed 300. Combined.

What. In. The. Hell.

jnWake

Reached Rank A today. A- was surprisingly less painful than I expected. I was stuck in B+ for more than a month, then dropped to B and got stuck there for like another month before climbing from B to A in one or two weeks.

God bless the E-Liter in Rainmaker and Tower Control. I almost feel bad when using the Kraken on the tower haha.

You've been trolled? Hopefully...?

I hope, they were all low levels though. They spent a bunch of time inking walls.

The 24 and 32 probably suck. ...Probably. Hopefully for your sisters' sake I'm right on that one.

Earlier, I (level 28) was in a lobby with four level 40 plus Japanese players, and the rest were all level 10 or lower. All four level 40s ended up on one team, and I ended up with a level 4, 5 and 7. We ended up winning by 2%. They really do need to balance the matches a bit better though.

ChrisD

Ah, cool. Now the lobbys are in a 4-9 range.
She's got a lot of silly play quirks, but she's wiping the floor with a lot of the other low ranks. Consistently the first/second on the team. ^^

Edit: 2, 2, 2, 4, three somethings, FORTY-NINE JAPANESE PLAYER AEROSPRAY RG AHOOOOYYYYY

Round ended and they had 1657 points. Freaking LOL, Nintendo.

TM25

Neo Member
Ah, cool. Now the lobbys are in a 4-9 range.
She's got a lot of silly play quirks, but she's wiping the floor with a lot of the other low ranks. Consistently the first/second on the team. ^^

Edit: 2, 2, 2, 4, three somethings, FORTY-NINE JAPANESE PLAYER AEROSPRAY RG AHOOOOYYYYY

Round ended and they had 1657 points. Freaking LOL, Nintendo.

Hopefully your sister is not discouraged. Now that you guys mention it I had two separate lobbys where I was the only person above level 15. Matchmaking does seem extra screwy today.

ChrisD

She's not, actually! I'm trying to keep the negativity in my head since she's still having fun haha. Though I did tell her that pressing "Nope" and joining other people would change the Level 49, and she jumped to the button as soon as the game ended. :p

Ahnez

HOLD IT!

Those four targets.. They are under influence of different amount of Defence Ups.

The leftmost has none, and the rightmost has three

They even have Def Up symbol stickers on them

How I never noticed it omg

Doorman

You need three subs on top of three mains to reach the cap, right?

If the 2ch info was accurate, there is no hard "cap" for number of abilities, just a gradual leveling-off of the curve of how effective additional points in a stat would add.

Ahnez

If the 2ch info was accurate, there is no hard "cap" for number of abilities, just a gradual leveling-off of the curve of how effective additional points in a stat would add.

Hm.. interesting

But still, three mains and more than three subs would be pretty difficulty to get

Oh well.. Maybe someone lucky enough could test it :p

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got out of the Cs playing Rainmaker with randoms today. I mostly play twin squad with my wife late at night. It's a roll of the dice if we will get team members who will help or just garbage. We've gotten teams in tower control that just literally stand near the base hoping to pick off the other team as the tower comes by. It's the worst.

Also I have fallen in love with the Custom Dual Squelcher for RM/TC. Carbon Roller or Aerospray (lol, I know) for SZ, I guess, but I never feel all that in control in those games.

Zing

Banned

lMaa1G0.png
Do you find ink saver (main) worthwhile? I don't, except on the blasters and jet squelcher, both of which do not use run speed well.

For run speed on shooters (nozzlenose and splattershot jr) I use Tentacles Helmet, Rugby Shirt, and I am undecided on shoes, but current testing Gold Hi-Horses.

ChrisD

Hey, sorry for the losses on Camp (Especially to DaBoss). Probably a number of others on Mall that I largely contributed to, as well. >_>
Other than those, GG's to everyone. Azure, you've gotta' upload that Rainmaker ASAP. That was crazy :lol:

ChrisD

So on Camp, when they're on your base is it best to suicide, or run it back and try to get through their side entrance?

Also, on Mall what's the best opening pathway? I try to just take whichever one nobody else is on, or go the hallway path if someone without Wall went the direction.

They're two of my favorite RM maps, but I wing a lot on all stages. Them included.

ss-hikaru

Wasn't a big fan of the previous JP splatfest theme (grasshopper/ant) or the colours they used but this upcoming one (boke/tsukommi) is the best! Especially the announcement where Callie/Aori and Marie/Hotaru realise that they are are pretty much a comedy duo. boke ja nainda LOL! Of course team Hotaru all the way~~~

Ahnez

So on Camp, when they're on your base is it best to suicide, or run it back and try to get through their side entrance?

Also, on Mall what's the best opening pathway? I try to just take whichever one nobody else is on, or go the hallway path if someone without Wall went the direction.

They're two of my favorite RM maps, but I wing a lot on all stages. Them included.

Suicide is never the solution

:p

I think it is better to suicide. It feels safer :p

Regiruler

By suicide you mean super jump back, right?

Top Bottom