• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

Can't get on Discord, brother is on the computer. Otherwise I would.

You know, I laughed at Buff Inkzooka 2015, but for real, screw the Inkzooka. Pity goes out to all you Snipers I shot an unavoidable death at, because in trying the Splat Charger out, I feel your pain.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
Some others I got up include:

The Longest Yard

I mentioned this in the Discord chat, but it's worth repeating here. The last 10-15 seconds of the match needs to be immortalized in some sort of SplatGAF Hall of Fame as a .webm or a .gif or something. Your laugh is just pure gold, and I mean that in a good way! : )

I flat out refuse to believe there isn't a shit tonne of lag built into this game begin hidden behind the server.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the server only provides the initial matchmaking to get players together in a group. Once the game starts, the connection becomes Peer-to-Peer (P2P), after which the quality depends on everyone's connection speed and latency relative to everyone else.

Australian, every game I get is with a full room of Japanese opponents and I cannot win a one on one battle. Its not possible, the very best I can hope for is I kill them as they kill me, it's ridiculous. Spawn, fight die. Rinse and repeat.

Doesn't matter what fun I use. It never seems to do enough damage, sometimes it locks into some sort of aim assist other times it doesn't, it's infuriating.

Fellow Aussie here, and I understand your frustration. 1.5HKO Tentateks with Dual Squelcher range, sniped by chargers behind walls and/or when the laser wasn't even pointing at you, Rollers that hurl ink at you when they're not even looking at you, and Krakens that don't directly touch you killing you anyway. Unfortunately, this is just one of those things you have to get used to. Better download/upload speeds and a wired connection will help, but it will only go so far; you can't beat latency caused by signals going back and forth halfway across the world. :(

As for the aim assist, there is (was?) some sort of crosshairs snapping towards the ground; I recall some people mentioning it in the OT a while back. Still no option to turn it off AFAIK.

Robotguy

>_>

Did you watch his stream from the other night? There was one match on Flounder where I kept wrecking his shit and when I went to check his point of view, it turns out you were tag teaming him with me. XD
I usually only watch the last 20 seconds of his stream after I finish the match unless something awesome happens.

Robotguy

I mentioned this in the Discord chat, but it;s worth repeating here. The last 10-165 seconds of the match needs to be immortalized in some sort of SplatGAF Hall of Fame as a .webm or a .gif or something. Your laugh is just pure gold, and I mean that in a good way! : )

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the server only provides the initial matchmaking to get players together in a group. Once the game starts, the connection becomes Peer-to-Peer (P2P), after which the quality depends on everyone's connection speed and latency relative to everyone else.

Fellow Aussie here, and I understand your frustration. 1.5HKO Tentateks with Dual Squelcher range, sniped by chargers behind walls and/or when the laser wasn't even pointing at you, and Krakens that don't directly touch you killing you anyway. Unfortunately, this is just one of those things you have to get used to. Better download/upload speeds and a wired connection will help, but it will only go so far; you can't beat latency caused by signals going back and forth halfway across the world. :(

As for the aim assist, there is (was?) some sort of crosshairs snapping towards the ground; I recall some people mentioning it in the OT a while back. Still no option to turn it off AFAIK.
Yeah, it's P2P.

The snap to the ground is annoying, and yeah you can't do anything about it. I think it's more of a problem with longer range weapons though.

Heng

As most of you know I haven't been able to play much lately because of my internet dropping at random, well I am pleased to announce that this problem should be fixed on Thursday, my already godly internet speeds will be doubled to like 125 or 150 Mbps download and 75 upload for a cheaper price since we are renewing our contract, and thank you to Heng and Daboss for speculating that it was probably a problem with the router, all my brother did was mention that we think it may be a router problem and verizon is replacing it with a new one for free( I don't know if this is the policy but still if we didn't mention it we wouldn't have gotten a new one). So out of this experience we got better internet for a cheaper price and a new router lol. I still won't be around much because of school but at least the times that I can play I won't be disconnecting
hopefully

I felt the same over the weekend, I was playing with azure and Sm239 and while its normal for me to get a lot of disconnects, it isn't for them and we all disconnected quite a lot even in the lobby.
I'm not sure if I would trust a router that was given to me by my ISP. I've always had issues with them, usually they would drop my connection while I was playing any online game. If it doesn't work out for you, I can try to talk my brother into giving you a router, just pay for the shipping. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Geg

I usually only watch the last 20 seconds of his stream after I finish the match unless something awesome happens.

lol if I ever play on stream I always go back and watch the entirety of the time I played in the vod. It's fascinating watching games I'm in from a different perspective

WALKMAN04

I'm not sure if I would trust a router that was given to me by my ISP. I've always had issues with them, usually they would drop my connection while I was playing any online game. If it doesn't work out for you, I can try to talk my brother into giving you a router, just pay for the shipping. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Well the other router is theirs and it worked fine up until recently so I'll trust them for now, we'll see how it goes, thanks.

Robotguy

Azure is free for everyone tho.

He just happens to catch people slippin for kills.
More free than NSTC even. Kappa.
lol if I ever play on stream I always go back and watch the entirety of the time I played in the vod. It's fascinating watching games I'm in from a different perspective
I would, but that takes too much time. Pretty much any free time I have I'm in game, lol.

Edit:
I use an ISP supplied router and I'm pretty free from disconnects.

This Legendary Cap is...legendary...
NPpTq5N.jpg
You know it is really funny but I saw a miiverse post with a different character with that cap and the same 3 damage up subs. Let's see...here:
What is RNG?

ChrisD

Rankercoaster, rankercoaster, ups and downs.

But I'm on the up right now! Today I went A+ 76, fell to A (it was a looooong session during those matches...), made it back to A+, lost ONE game in the rank, and eventually I made it back to S. I started dying behind walls to Japan, and that always throws me off a ridiculous amount, so I figured quitting would be the best for now.

I'm just so glad I'm out of that A. A+ is leaps and bounds ahead of A. .-.

ss-hikaru

Wow going back to single player after spending most of my time in multi. So damn easy XD Haven't finished it yet but looking forward to doing the amiibo challenges, kraken in particular. I'm getting the hang of the octobrush but am definitely not using kraken well enough....hahaha.

Fellow Aussie here, and I understand your frustration. 1.5HKO Tentateks with Dual Squelcher range, sniped by chargers behind walls and/or when the laser wasn't even pointing at you, Rollers that hurl ink at you when they're not even looking at you, and Krakens that don't directly touch you killing you anyway. Unfortunately, this is just one of those things you have to get used to. Better download/upload speeds and a wired connection will help, but it will only go so far; you can't beat latency caused by signals going back and forth halfway across the world. :(

Also an Aussie, I always wonder if there aren't many other Aussies playing or if the Japanese playerbase just outnumbers the Aussie playerbase a thousand times over or something because I rarely get matched with any obviously non-Japanese players. Either that or they are fake-japanese like me XD (using a Japanese Wii U with katakana name). I feel like I only sometimes experience roller lag deaths, charger deaths where the laser is pointing elsewhere are more common and tend to annoy me more since I go through the trouble of dodging for naught.

Vena

Wow going back to single player after spending most of my time in multi. So damn easy XD Haven't finished it yet but looking forward to doing the amiibo challenges, kraken in particular. I'm getting the hang of the octobrush but am definitely not using kraken well enough....hahaha.

Ya, we've gotten really good at it lol.

TM25

Neo Member
Does the Octoshot Replica duplicate the ink turfed of the Tentatek? I ask because I noticed someone in my lobby has it maxed out and that seems awfully fast.

Zing

Banned
Had some really excellent matches/moments today between squads and random turf wars.

I'll finish parsing the stuff I have for highlights later today.
I watched most of these, but they all turn into a slideshow whenever heavy action (the parts worth watching) occurs. Something with your encoder?

Geg

I watched most of these, but they all turn into a slideshow whenever heavy action (the parts worth watching) occurs. Something with your encoder?

Yeah, that happens with his stream occasionally. I remember he fixed it shortly after but yeah the squid squad match ended up being really choppy

Luigi87

I took a day off the game and came back today. I've re-evaluated my playstyle and rather than simply team blame I am now thinking more in line with "Okay, if I didn't die there, what could have changed: I could have held the position delaying the enemy; I could have splat'd two of theirs if I went around the side, etc.

Went from A- 32 back to A, and breaking for the night, but at least I'm realizing my own previous faults.

That being said... I really, really feel that Krakens shouldn't be able to sit on the Tower and move it forward.
... then again I'm biased against Krakens in general. Not that I feel they can't be dealt with, just have certain issue with some things they do... Also lag Krakens are annoying as hell.

Nico_D

Killing chargers quickly before they can get too set up is a basic strategy, you're constantly a target because of it

Playing squads this is all too obvious. I have constantly rollers and decos attacking me while splattershots hurl constant stream inkzooka blasts at me. And all at the same time. They really love me.

Jintor

Likewise in Europe I'm on team tidy and see more messy posts than tidy posts. Maybe the tidy players are too busy tidying to max out their splatfest shirt early.
I'm expecting team tidy to set new records in lowest score in a splatfest

I think the audio is overlaid sadly there but there might be as much filtering as one expects.

audio definitely overlaid but if you watch their lip movements they're clearly singing the vocals!

Actually now that I think about it if they were singing stuff they overlaid into the vocals it would look the same

give me unfiltered footage nintendo you bastards

ffdgh

Am I one of those few who likes all maps?
I like all the maps...in turf war >_>

I hate/avoid...

Zones: Port mackerel, Heights, Mall, Towers(**** chargers basically), Skatepark
Tower: Port Mackrek(Freaking Wails), Heights, Towers, Bluefin, Skatepark, Walleye(oh God the wails)
RainMaker: Towers(Charger paradise), Port Mackrel(Narrow paths and wails ;_;)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I hate/avoid...

Tower: Port Mackrek(Freaking Wails), Heights, Towers, Bluefin, Skatepark, Walleye(oh God the wails)
RainMaker: Towers(Charger paradise), Port Mackrel
Sounds like you should main Chargers, the one with the Wail.

Vena

I hate/avoid...

RainMaker: Towers(Charger paradise), Port Mackrel(Narrow paths and wails ;_;)

See I just use the Splattling and play on every map in every mode without any problem or complaint.

But then, only real warriors use the splattling.

Top Bottom