• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ffdgh

Sounds like you should main Chargers, the one with the Wail.
Please my aim is so bad lol. I've been using the Goldamo, Dual squelcher, Slosher, Octoshot, and 52 gal deco with good success.

See I just use the Splattling and play on every map in every mode without any problem or complaint.

But then, only real warriors use the splattling.
Yeah I'm more of a fan of the easy to use weapons...fast automatic weapons in general.

I clawed my way, squid and nail to an A- rank today.

I had a meeting at the local theater about them staging a play I wrote. I come home, and my boyfriend (who doesn't play games unless its FIFA) is playing Splatoon. He tells me he's been on an eleven game losing streak.

On ranked. Using my account. ON RANKED.

He's packing his shit now.

Not really, but I was NOT fresh.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I had a meeting at the local theater about them staging a play I wrote. I come home, and my boyfriend (who doesn't play games unless its FIFA) is playing Splatoon. He tells me he's been on an eleven game losing streak.

You should make him an account.

ss-hikaru

Hahaha! Poor guy I guess he didn't realise how much work it is to rank up ^.^; (and poor you too >.<)

I let my lil bro play on my account sometimes (cos then he has access to more weapons and gear). But now that I'm aiming for A- rank I think I probably won't let him play ranked anymore...

I like all the maps...in turf war >_>

I hate/avoid...

Zones: Port mackerel, Heights, Mall, Towers(**** chargers basically), Skatepark
Tower: Port Mackrek(Freaking Wails), Heights, Towers, Bluefin, Skatepark, Walleye(oh God the wails)
RainMaker: Towers(Charger paradise), Port Mackrel(Narrow paths and wails ;_;)
You know for some reason I find this stage more manageable in zones than turf wars in terms of snipes. The extra routes you can take help a lot. Then again I'm a measly B+ player (I'm A- again but I'll be in B+ soon enough I'm sure) so am biased in the sense I am unlikely to have encountered super snipers yet.

WVW69iZGSooDZecBwo

After all the bitching i've done re: Spyke, he actually came through with something. It only had 2 to begin with from the person I ordered it from so to actually get those is something else. And hey, if the final slot ends up being something other than quick super jump or duration up then I won the war.

edit: Ya know, I think I never should have said what I don't want it to be. Now i've tempted fate and i'm gonna get burned.

Vena

I can feel your pain from here.

Is there any guide to what stats are the best to maximize/go for? Like should I ideally want 3 DMG UP and 3 Defense Up's?

Also sorry for the spam yesterday, it is irritating that the Tri Squad matches with the Quad Squads when you make a team.... I would think that the system would try to pick up a random 4th but no.... it matches you so every game is 3v4.

We have a competent group (A to B range) that plays about mid week 6pm PST if there is ever someone who wants to join.

Is there any guide to what stats are the best to maximize/go for? Like should I ideally want 3 DMG UP and 3 Defense Up's?

Also sorry for the spam yesterday, it is irritating that the Tri Squad matches with the Quad Squads when you make a team.... I would think that the system would try to pick up a random 4th but no.... it matches you so every game is 3v4.
In terms of gear this Japanese wiki looks at things. Generally speaking damage up is great for bomb subs, blasters (stronger indirect hits) and chargers (KO at lower charges) while maybe a little less necessary in other situations (as weapons are fairly fixed in number of shots to kill). Defence up acts to counter damage up. Importantly is how little defence up you need to turn an un-boosted .52 Gal into a 3HKO (10 points is one main, 9 points is 3 subs).

The tri squad members get a slight buff in term of quicker respawn. I kind of wonder why they had it at all. Picking a random 4th won't work as squads is a different mode to normal ranked (such as being where S-rank cowards go to hide as they can't rank down there).

ChrisD

Every post of yours fits in cowardly S ranks. And it would make more sense if squads weren't the only way to play on the same team with a group of two/four. If that wasn't the case, then I could understand slotting it in. But there's literally no other way to do so if you want a full game.

I'm so glad I've already made everyone who would ever touch our Wii U an account. I also don't like when others play because it throws off which weapons I've used. I like being able to track progress across the entire board; turf inked, games played, rank, clothes upgraded, the whole range.

Playing a very passive Heavy Splatling, just trying to cover ground. Gets killed as first target to an Inkzooka six times in one game. Feels bad, man. It was always the same guy, too.

Faced a Splattershot and .96 Gal in the same game earlier. I honestly forgot what they even had since you only ever see Tentateks and Decos in play.

Junahu

I'm still playing catch-up after my month away from splatoon. I haven't touched my old main, the charger, because I'm terrified of just how rusty I've become with precision weapons. Instead I've been babying myself on the slosher and roller.

I'm trying to pick up the Splatling gun too, but I'm not entirely certain how to play it. It feels like I'm supposed to use it for suppressing fire, but it's so slow to get around, and it takes so much commitment to fire that I need constant support to avoid getting flanked.

ChrisD

Holy mother of lag, I got killed on the spawn platform. Super Jumped out with Fast Jump equipped, and got Sniped while standing on my Spawn.

Freaking Japan, I swear

Geg

Saw a surprising number of team science shirts just playing with randoms today, and they were all pretty good too. One kelp charger player the game kept pairing me with in particular was a really great teammate who saved me from getting splatted at least twice

ChrisD

Saw a surprising number of team science shirts just playing with randoms today, and they were all pretty good too. One kelp charger player the game kept pairing me with in particular was a really great teammate who saved me from getting splatted at least twice

Decepticon repeating is sounding possible. :O

Azure J

=/

DaBoss

Guys please. Just use Run Speed Up with the Heavy Splatling and watch as team science flounders due to your movement speed not being scientifically possible.

ChrisD

Oh yeah I need to grab that shirt and level it up. Fingers crossed for decent subs.

Typically I just get it leveled during the Fest, but it worked out with what I'm running right now. Was going to re-roll it, but found I have another shirt with the exact same Main/Brand.

ffdgh

Guys please. Just use Run Speed Up with the Heavy Splatling and watch as team science flounders due to your movement speed not being scientifically possible.

Please team art doesn't stand a chance against the quick respawning splash and zap 89. The shirt screws up my setup a bit but i'll manage.

Typically I just get it leveled during the Fest, but it worked out with what I'm running right now. Was going to re-roll it, but found I have another shirt with the exact same Main/Brand.
Eh I would reroll the shirt but that'd be a waste of money since it's temporary.

ChrisD

I've played for six hours today, but the Ranked Rotation is godlike. I'm now regretting all that time I played Splat Zones annoyed. Should have checked the rotations ahead of time. ;-;

6.5 second Bubbler is legiiiit. I loved popping it at the few times the whole team was together. Feels like commencing a Zerg Rush.

Geg

One day science will come up with a way to combat this strange phenomenon and restore balance to nature

ChrisD

I saw a guy running around earlier with 3 Mains, and 5 Subs for Run Speed Up. However, they were using Tentatek so it was nowhere near as funny as it could have been.

Zing

Banned
In terms of gear this Japanese wiki looks at things. Generally speaking damage up is great for blasters (stronger indirect hits)
In practice, I find that damage up isn't even necessary for my blaster. I have been running zero damage up for a couple weeks and I still always kill in two indirect bursts unless they are running several main defense up. I vastly prefer to not wear the damn snorkel mask, and also outfit myself with high numbers of swim speed up. The mobility has benefitted me greatly, while damage up helps maybe one match per day against one particular player.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Can someone explain to me the advantages to having Run Speed Up as a sub or main ability? On my Pro Trail Boots I've rerolled it twice getting a three sub ability of Run Speed Up. What would be could to use it on?

I've had them on with brush, chargers, rollers but there doesn't seem to be a speed increase at all when I'm wearing them. Nothing that I've noticed.

Run Speed Up: "Increases movement speed in inkling form."

ChrisD

Can someone explain to me the advantages to having Run Speed Up as a sub or main ability? On my Pro Trail Boots I've rerolled it twice getting a three sub ability of Run Speed Up. What would be could to use it on?

I've had them on with brush, chargers, rollers but there doesn't seem to be a speed increase at all when I'm wearing them. Nothing that I've noticed.

For most obvious difference, use the Heavy Splatling in the test room. Now use it wearing the Boots (and maybe another Main). You move a lot faster.

It doesn't help Brushes or Rollers much because - to my knowledge - the upgrade doesn't apply while rolling. And Chargers are better off with other abilities as well. Mostly useful for Shooters since you can sort of run-n-gun, as well as zone a bit better.

I've noticed something.

When I play in the mass Turf Wars pool (i.e. Splatfests), I might encounter one other charger every couple of hours. When I play normal TW with matchmaking, there are goddamn Elitres everywhere.

Therefore, chargers are the best, QED.
:p

I find it useful with Swim Speed Up as my secondary ability duo in Ranked (right behind Quick Respawn/Super Jump) while damage/defense up is the better choice, I just like having the extra mobility.
(And there's only 1 gear that has Damage/Defense up for the abilities)

It's also useful in some maps for Rainmaker, mainly the ones that have paths that you can't swim on. Having ~2 Run Speed Ups can really give you an advantage on Rainmaker Kelp Dome as an example.

As for rollers and brushes, they are not affected by the run speed up when you are rolling with them, and the only charger that gains benefit from Run Speed Up is the Bamboozler.

Top Bottom