• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

khaaan

How are you guys faring on the disconnect side of things? For the most part my matches are okay but every now and then I'll run into a string of disconnects which is when I'll call it quits for the day. I'd like to play more organized matches, especially now that I'm getting more confident bt I'm always worried THAT time will be the time my connections turns to crap. I haven't played with anyone from GAF either :(

ffdgh

How are you guys faring on the disconnect side of things? For the most part my matches are okay but every now and then I'll run into a string of disconnects which is when I'll call it quits for the day. I'd like to play more organized matches, especially now that I'm getting more confident bt I'm always worried THAT time will be the time my connections turns to crap. I haven't played with anyone from GAF either :(

I haven't had any disconnect issue aside from when the japanese players were busy with their splatfest.

StAidan

lol, I've had the most ridiculous luck trying to get back into S rank. I wish I had streamed this afternoon session because then I'd have a permanent record of this disgusting fortune.

I thought this past tower control rotation was the best time to rank up because I usually play my best in that mode... so, as soon as I got home from work, I jumped into the game with a pretty high level of confidence.

Started with 4 great wins in a streak, leaving me at an A+ 96 with only one win left to go. The next round started on Moray Towers, where I made my way to the bottom of the map and performed a very clean team wipe of the enemy. Best start I've ever had on Moray, probably. As I'm riding the tower, I suddenly realize that I haven't seen my teammates since the match began. Looking down at the gamepad map, I see them WANDERING AIMLESSLY IN OUR SPAWN AREA, not inking anything, just taking a little sightseeing tour on top of the world.

Yes, this is A rank, folks. These fools NEVER LEFT our base, leaving me in a 1v4 situation until the enemy achieved a knockout victory (it was a short match, but I still managed to get 9 kills before giving up the ghost).

After that I had a couple more wins, propelling me to A+ 98. Then matchmaking saw fit to give me three S-ranked teammates versus a full A-ranked team (not A+), which proceeded to decimate their betters and leave us crying in a corner.

I don't think I could make up a more ridiculous story if I tried.

StAidan

Aaaand back to rank S, during an Arowana Mall / Splat Zones rotation no less. The most unlikely time for me to be playing ranked at all, lol. But after tonight I'm not quite as terrified of that combination.

Thanks to Saro, Zing, and Red for the squad time, and a shout out to Saro specifically for Octobrush twin domination!

ChrisD

Aaaand back to rank S, during an Arowana Mall / Splat Zones rotation no less. The most unlikely time for me to be playing ranked at all, lol. But after tonight I'm not quite as terrified of that combination.

Thanks to Saro, Zing, and Red for the squad time, and a shout out to Saro specifically for Octobrush twin domination!

Reading this reminded me that Arowana Mall was in the rotation. Eleven matches on Walleye Warehouse, not once did I see Mall.

Omzz

Also all I have to say for splatfest is...

yeah_science_breaking_bad.gif

ChrisD

I see ten art posts for every Science, lol. I really hope us few Science players are even more kickbutt than the Decepticons were.

I see ten art posts for every Science, lol. I really hope us few Science players are even more kickbutt than the Decepticons were.
Likewise in Europe I'm on team tidy and see more messy posts than tidy posts. Maybe the tidy players are too busy tidying to max out their splatfest shirt early.
I'm expecting team tidy to set new records in lowest score in a splatfest

Probably old since I wasn't paying attention to Splatoon for a bit but you guys see the behind the scenes on the BGM?

The squid lyrics aren't noise filtered, they're literally singing the vocals!
I think the audio is overlaid sadly there but there might be as much filtering as one expects.

Cleaned up my room so now I can officially be a member of Team Mar- Tidy.
bNltD3q.jpg

I like how the shirt fits with my favourite looking shoes, too bad it gets removed after the splatfest :(

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Matchmaking has been horrible since Mario Maker came out, which also coincided with the end of summer vacation in several countries. Kinda sad to see the Splatoon community in decline. It was inevitable but I didn't expect it to happen so soon.

Mohonky

I flat out refuse to believe there isn't a shit tonne of lag built into this game begin hidden behind the server.

Australian, every game I get is with a full room of Japanese opponents and I cannot win a one on one battle. Its not possible, the very best I can hope for is I kill them as they kill me, it's ridiculous. Spawn, fight die. Rinse and repeat.

Doesn't matter what fun I use. It never seems to do enough damage, sometimes it locks into some sort of aim assist other times it doesn't, it's infuriating.

Zing

Banned
Matchmaking has been horrible since Mario Maker came out, which also coincided with the end of summer vacation in several countries. Kinda sad to see the Splatoon community in decline. It was inevitable but I didn't expect it to happen so soon.
I haven't noticed any difference.

That said, I will be playing a lot less. I reached rank S+, hit level 50, and have every piece of gear with almost all of them having three slots. I am not sure of my played time, but I am sure it is 600+ hours.

Vena

I haven't noticed that much of a change but my playtime is usually weird.

Zing

Banned
I have repeatedly come across a nasty glitch in the game this morning. Some sort of bug where my teammates are listed as "S" rank when they are really "B" rank.

J@hranimo

Banned

Well sounds like I need to play Splatoon again. SMM is so much fun though!

Geg

Yesterday at like 8pm EST my squad was returned to the lobby because it couldn't find an opposing squad *twice* consecutively.

That happened to me a few times too several weeks before SMM came out. Squad matchmaking in general seems to have issues sometimes

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
That happened to me a few times too several weeks before SMM came out. Squad matchmaking in general seems to have issues sometimes

It had never happened to me before, so maybe I have a skewed point of view on this. Anyway, matchmaking across the board seems slower. Hopefully I'm wrong, though.

And I think SMM is only one factor. It's also due to the novelty of Splatoon wearing out and summer vacation being over.

WALKMAN04

As most of you know I haven't been able to play much lately because of my internet dropping at random, well I am pleased to announce that this problem should be fixed on Thursday, my already godly internet speeds will be doubled to like 125 or 150 Mbps download and 75 upload for a cheaper price since we are renewing our contract, and thank you to Heng and Daboss for speculating that it was probably a problem with the router, all my brother did was mention that we think it may be a router problem and verizon is replacing it with a new one for free( I don't know if this is the policy but still if we didn't mention it we wouldn't have gotten a new one). So out of this experience we got better internet for a cheaper price and a new router lol. I still won't be around much because of school but at least the times that I can play I won't be disconnecting
hopefully
I felt the same over the weekend, I was playing with azure and Sm239 and while its normal for me to get a lot of disconnects, it isn't for them and we all disconnected quite a lot even in the lobby.

Zing

Banned
My disconnect count is at around six, total. Ever.

I highly recommend the Apple Airport routers. I have had various models over the years with no issues. Refurbished Airport Express are $65 USD, which is an absolute steal for how fast and reliable they are.

I highly recommend the Apple Airport routers. I have had various models over the years with no issues. Refurbished Airport Express are $65 USD, which is an absolute steal for how fast and reliable they are.

My brother actually got one after the Transformers Splatfest where I kept on disconnecting every match for 4 hours, definitely worth it imo.

Top Bottom