• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

I've watched ryechu use it enough in Azure's streams that I can confirm: Run Speed also helps Squiffers. Any charger that short charge rapid-fires like they do will see a use in the ability.

OuterLimits

I had an eleven game losing streak last night. Lol. I admit I'm merely decent at the game, but I was still a bit annoyed. Plus I'm much worse at rainmaker than tower control or splat zones for some reason.

Blues1990

Does anyone have any difficulty figuring out if you did well because of your teammates helped you, or that you did well because your teammates had carried you?

Probably had my best games ever in kelp dome. First one I managed to harass the other team of 3 snipers and a dynamo which got us a W (but no knock out). And the 2nd one where I stopped inking after I got passed our side, killed the first sniper on the block, took out a carbon roller, then killed the 2nd sniper on their perch then killed the respawned eliter guy all while running around not leaving an ink trail. I tell ya, start of a new meta right there.

Holy mother of lag, I got killed on the spawn platform. Super Jumped out with Fast Jump equipped, and got Sniped while standing on my Spawn.

Freaking Japan, I swear
I take it being sniped mid-super jump is not possible in the game so it kills you when you hit the ground instead :(

Does anyone have any difficulty figuring out if you did well because of your teammates helped you, or that you did well because your teammates had carried you?
That was me on tower control last night. They were both matches that came to time out and one was only won by a single point (14 vs 13).

On the one hand I had the most kills out of my team and a positive K/D ratio (usually the least deaths) but on the other hand I don't think many of those were related to the objective. If I were to give lame excuses it would be I used the .96 Gal deco for the first time, completely fumbled the splash walls but did okay with the kraken...well I did get shot off the tower by a charger which was amusing.

Heng

In practice, I find that damage up isn't even necessary for my blaster. I have been running zero damage up for a couple weeks and I still always kill in two indirect bursts unless they are running several main defense up. I vastly prefer to not wear the damn snorkel mask, and also outfit myself with high numbers of swim speed up. The mobility has benefitted me greatly, while damage up helps maybe one match per day against one particular player.
I don't use it as well. Majority of the players I play against do not have enough defense up to survive 2 of my shots. I usually run swim speed with ink resistance and a few special charge up, although I've tried going full swim speed but felt like it took way too long to charge my bubble.

CPF_jk6UYAAW7TI.jpg:large

CPF_j3zUcAADnqL.jpg:large

CPF_klXVAAA2QH8.jpg:large

CPF_k8wUEAAo9-z.jpg:large

New map hype!

Zing

Banned
As for rollers and brushes, they are not affected by the run speed up when you are rolling with them, and the only charger that gains benefit from Run Speed Up is the Bamboozler.

Just to clarify, run speed does boost brushes while "rolling". I have tested it myself.

Geg

Figures, I think it's been about four weeks since Flounder Heights.came out.

That map looks so complex and confusing though

Zing

Banned
That is a more polite and informative response than your first. Thank you for the links. Either my test method was flawed or something changed (tests were run first weekend of brush unlock).

ChrisD

It's also shown in Nintendo's 30 second, unskippable Youtube ad that keeps playing in front of my videos.

Hope it doesn't pull a Flounder Heights and live on forever. Since new maps always stay in the release day's rotation, and we know it's (very likely) going to be in the Splatfest rotation, there will be enough time to get accustomed. Don't need more than a 48 hour period with one map.

Luigi87

1. New map hype!!

2. Think the new map will finally put an end to 24/7 Flounder Heights or pull a Flounder?

3. I NEED THOSE PLUSHIES

Edit: Also dammit, I work until 7pm (EDT) Sunday... Looks like I'll be having to put in some hard hours.

L95

The stage is tonight? As in the 17th? Thursday? Cooooooooool, I have work on fridays usually but not late Thursday. Can't wait to play it.

Geg

From the tumblr:

tumblr_nuty2ljt5D1u3akyno1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nuty2ljt5D1u3akyno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuty2ljt5D1u3akyno3_1280.jpg
tumblr_nuty2ljt5D1u3akyno4_1280.jpg

Tonight at 7 PM PT, the new stage Hammerhead Bridge will be added to the rotation. Verticality is a feature of the stage, with the terrain split into two distinct layers. Ink assaults can come from any direction, but watch out for attacks from above or below gratings in the floor or ceiling in particular. Battles here are sure to be dynamic affairs playing out in all corners of the stage.

Azure J

A ten million dollar Splatoon prize pool would inspire me to stop eating bombs and become Squidsus, cleanser of unworthy kids on my way to the top. :lol

Azure J

All we need is a LAN mode and spectator mode.

I sincerely hope Nintendo realizes how important these two things are for the future of the series. People are putting up with it currently because the game is absolute cocaine and there's a decent (if not completely unified) player base there, but these two things + a Smash 64 to Melee like polish transition could set this series on fire.

Azure J

Didn't the august update enable LAN connections or something similar?

It did over a single Wi-Fi connection (though I imagine if you have Ethernet dongles those would work too), but I haven't seen it used enough to know what's good there.

ChrisD

I want to see a large prize pool just to see how many great players there really are out there. Could we see some ridiculous techs being pulled, or maybe some nitty-gritty team compositions that were broken down to a science? There's sooo much possibility, but until there's enough there to "take things seriously" we'll never see all the game has to offer in a competitive setting.

On another note, no Rainmaker at all today. :\

I am rather disappointed that 1) I can't watch a match I'm waiting to get into, and 2) there's no option to YouYube upload a replay after a match or something like that. I don't know if the second is technically possible on the hardware; maybe in the sequel.

I am rather disappointed that 1) I can't watch a match I'm waiting to get into, and 2) there's no option to YouYube upload a replay after a match or something like that. I don't know if the second is technically possible on the hardware; maybe in the sequel.

The 2nd option is what got me into streaming on Twitch. Once I saw Azure and splatacus uploading highlights of matches, I knew I wanted to do that as well.

Top Bottom