• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

It's the final map available in 2.1.0. Version 2.0.0 also contained 4 additional unfinished map (code names: Pivot, Office, Quarry, and Hiagari) that were later removed in the 2.1.0 clean up (most likely to prevent further leaks).
https://twitter.com/nwplayer123/status/638214964709199872

Any future maps (and gear) will be provided through downloadable updates, not through server unlocks.

Haha, I like the idea of fighting in an office.

ChrisD

I'm definitely running a full Run Speed Up Heavy Splatling build during the Splatfest. Going to be running up down the whole stage while unloading death.

Geg

Man this feels so hard to play on for me. The low ground has so much stuff in the way that there's not much visibility, and the top grating is way too easy to get picked off by chargers on

Robotguy

Splatoon will eventually reach that point. Splatoon is to Super Smash Bros. as Splatoon 2 is to Super Smash Bros. Melee.

The foundation has been set the franchise will just need to reach a wider audience with the inevitable NX release.
Yeah, I feel like the series has the potential to reach Smash Bros levels of competitive success.

ChrisD

ChrisD are you the Chris who's in the room with me, Quartz, Emil, and Vecks right now?

Yeah, that's me.

The one that's forgotten the superior design of Mall is in Rainmaker only and suicided twice due to it, that's definitely me.

Geg

It felt like you one-shotted me with that splattershot jr at the end there

Also lol why I was I the only one on my team to push forward that match

ChrisD

Lol, I don't know why I'm getting this reaction. If I had said "I'm a charger" no one would have blinked.

Nah, I understood, but seeing it said with
image.php
made it funny to me.

Also, goodness sake Geg stop pushing my bubble around lol.

ChrisD

There are some seriously laggy people in here. I've sniped a few to have them splat a couple seconds later in a completely different place.

I mostly have bad luck with that same N-Zap. Getting killed around walls.

I'm also doing pretty badly though. Played too long in one sitting. Will have to bow out soon.

Geg

Aw yeah, 9-1. That's the kind of match I wish I could record. I got like two triple kills.

GGs guys

edit: Chris you were pretty hard to keep track of with your Jr lol. Though thanks to you I finally confirmed I can kill someone during their superjump startup animation before they jump

Aw yeah, 9-1. That's the kind of match I wish I could record. I got like two triple kills.

GGs guys

edit: Chris you were pretty hard to keep track of with your Jr lol. Though thanks to you I finally confirmed I can kill someone during their superjump startup animation before they jump

Good games, Geg.

ss-hikaru

Teammate with beakons invades the enemy's side but doesn't place any :(

When I play octobrush I keep forgetting to place down beacons... :p Also I for some reason thought I could only place one down at a time, apparently you can have up to 3 and then they start overriding each other?

Looking forward to playing the new map tonight~

StAidan

Well, my squad had a few good games, but mostly bad ones lol.

Hammerhead Bridge is by far the most technical, complex map we have seen so far. Totally understandable why it hasn't been introduced until now. I'm going to need a LOT of time with it before I'd be comfortable venturing into solo ranked when it's in rotation. And probably watch some of the S+ streamers as they figure out how best to approach it in different modes.

ChrisD

I'm done for the night as well. Need to move around at some point heh. Good games to everyone!

Mind if I add you, Quartz/Geg, or do you have the Friends List space? (Actually I don't know if I can even find you guys at this point since you're probably out of the recent players, but figured I'd ask.)

In the last match I got killed in my bubble by the laggy N-Zap. It had been going for a second already. I felt dumb at first for not turning on my shield, then I'm like, "wait. I did. It was on m- whaaaaaaat?"

GGs guys

Literally killing it with that DS!

I thought I had got away for sure. Then here comes Brown Moto Boots to throw off the party. :p

I'm done for the night as well. Need to move around at some point heh. Good games to everyone!

Mind if I add you, Quartz/Geg, or do you have the Friends List space? (Actually I don't know if I can even find you guys at this point since you're probably out of the recent players, but figured I'd ask.)

Literally killing it with that DS!

He kills me with the Dual Squelcher!

And you can send me a request; I think I have space.

ChrisD

Yeah sure I still have plenty of room

He kills me with the Dual Squelcher!

And you can send me a request; I think I have space.

Cool, sent you both a request. =)

GGs all. Not a fan of the map for turf war but the complexity works well for the other modes.

He was lagging pretty badly. First time I killed him, he killed me after I was already dead. After that, I decided to just bomb him.

It feels more like a Deathmatch in Turf War than most other maps. Just one giant arena. To quote Jahra, it feels like Warehouse grew up and added another layer. More kill than paint. I love it for Turf Wars, and can't wait to try it in Rainmaker.

I still can't get over dying in a Bubbler that had already been up for a second. It only happened fifteen minutes ago, but it's all I'm thinking about lol.

Nico_D

Couple of quick observations about Hammerhead after half a dozen plays.

- Haven't tried charger there yet but I imagine the map could be a hell to a charger. No distant safe spots.
- At least in turf splashwalls are pretty much useless as you can go around them. No narrow corridors.
- Hard to set Killer Wails and actually hit someone.

Just first impressions.

- Haven't tried charger there yet but I imagine the map could be a hell to a charger. No distant safe spots.

I mostly played Elitre Scope on it tonight, and it's pretty good with that one. I find I can't reach far enough with my normal charger because the map is just so long.

J@hranimo

Banned

- At least in turf splashwalls are pretty much useless as you can go around them. No narrow corridors.
- Hard to set Killer Wails and actually hit someone.

Just first impressions.

Just stand in the middle if you're an E Liter Scope. You can see everything...

The question is will Nintendo be so cruel as to put Hammerhead into the splatfest rotation?

In terms of size though my understanding is all maps have around 2100 points of ink to turf (the turf war tallies point toward that not looked in detail so number might be out) so assuming that all points are of equal size that is a limiting factor on the maps maximum size?

Nico_D

I mostly played Elitre Scope on it tonight, and it's pretty good with that one. I find I can't reach far enough with my normal charger because the map is just so long.

What I was thinking is that just like at Flounder Heights, at Hammerhead also you can be attacked from behind and below at any time. It's hard to defend yourself.

The question is will Nintendo be so cruel as to put Hammerhead into the splatfest rotation?
I'm certain they will. They've always put the newly released map in the rotation as far as I remember.

Spyke delivered today!

This will be great for my Swim Speed Sploosh loadout in ranked. I've been having a blast with that, especially on Bluefin Depot in Splat Zones and Walleye Warehouse. I can get in and out to ink the zone quickly and zip around to the enemy side to harass them (especially chargers) once we get the zone. Sometimes I go with all Swim Speed up but I've been having some better luck throwing in Defense Ups in there too. With those, assuming I can get close enough, I'll win most exchanges.

Mohonky

Loaded up game. Never bother listening to broadcast. Load up map, think I've lost the plot, why does this look so odd?

Oh, New map!

Ihavenoideawhatiamdoing.gif

Top Bottom