• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

StAidan

The 2nd option is what got me into streaming on Twitch. Once I saw Azure and splatacus uploading highlights of matches, I knew I wanted to do that as well.

Me too, the ability to immortalize great Splatoon moments is what made me start streaming. I had to buy the Elgato and a few other things to do it, so technically I've spent a lot of money on Splatoon, haha.

Zing

Banned
If the game uses peer networking, isn't private match with local players already "lan mode" (as the router will keep traffic internal)?

Maybe ppl are starting to wise up on how to deal with dynamos. These days I'm more likely to blame myself for losing to a dynamo over cursing dynamos under my breath.

Azure J

Me too, the ability to immortalize great Splatoon moments is what made me start streaming. I had to buy the Elgato and a few other things to do it, so technically I've spent a lot of money on Splatoon, haha.

Yeah, I definitely feel like I got my money's worth and then some with this decision. It's been fun streaming Splatoon for everyone and I hope to use this little stream of mine to get better with presentation and visual design over time. Pet projects that teach you little things like this are the best. :)

ffdgh

I just realized that outside of like one person the other day, I haven't seen a Dynamo in aaaages. Weird.

I've been seeing and using them very often. I think the matchmaking is starting to punish me for abusing it's power though since it's putting me on 3 or four person roller teams all of a sudden. I can't help if that jump flick works almost brainlessly well. >_>

nom

I want to see a large prize pool just to see how many great players there really are out there. Could we see some ridiculous techs being pulled, or maybe some nitty-gritty team compositions that were broken down to a science? There's sooo much possibility, but until there's enough there to "take things seriously" we'll never see all the game has to offer in a competitive setting.

I think this is the best we'll get ($20 pay-in for a $1000 prize pool):

http://squidboards.com/threads/octo...-1000-prize-pool-presented-by-endgametv.7798/

Splatoon Koshien would have been interesting to watch as even though it was turf wars they had 8 capture feeds as well as the map screen. Unfortunately the quality on Nicovideo is terrible for non-Japanese viewers so you can barely see what's happening.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just run away from dynamos and fight them when I have an advantage.
Splatoon Koshien would have been interesting to watch as even though it was turf wars they had 8 capture feeds as well as the map screen. Unfortunately the quality on Nicovideo is terrible for non-Japanese viewers so you can barely see what's happening.
You mean non-premium.

I've been seeing and using them very often. I think the matchmaking is starting to punish me for abusing it's power though since it's putting me on 3 or four person roller teams all of a sudden. I can't help if that jump flick works almost brainlessly well. >_>
The Dynamo works for for me until I am in a GAF room. Then it kind of doesn't.

I clearly need to get a lag switch going.

I think this is the best we'll get ($20 pay-in for a $1000 prize pool):

http://squidboards.com/threads/octo...-1000-prize-pool-presented-by-endgametv.7798/

not just turf war only

best of 1 (until semis), single elimination, and turf war only

also still nobody knows how the money is being distributed for that thing?

ChrisD

So I rerolled a Takoroka and landed two Super Jumps and a Bomb Up. I was really hoping for Special Charge Up (the brand's bias) but I feel like rolling this away would be dumb. I just don't know where/when I would use it.

What do I do, keep it or roll again for the Charge Ups?

Geg

DekdRmw.jpg

Well then.

My first ever triple is on a shirt I can't keep for an ability I get very little use out of.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
New map hype!

Holy shit yes!

This is the map with the Saltspray Rig aesthetic they showed during the original unveiling of Splatoon two E3s ago.

I was just going to do a map power rankings on each mode but I'll wait till I play this map.

One way or another let's see if it gets the Flounder Heights treatment of being on rotation for a month straight.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lol, that's what I say whenever people tell me Splatoon can't be esports.
But right now you're lucky to get a tournament where you can win $10 per player.

Splatoon will eventually reach that point. Splatoon is to Super Smash Bros. as Splatoon 2 is to Super Smash Bros. Melee.

The foundation has been set the franchise will just need to reach a wider audience with the inevitable NX release.

phanphare

Banned
So I rerolled a Takoroka and landed two Super Jumps and a Bomb Up. I was really hoping for Special Charge Up (the brand's bias) but I feel like rolling this away would be dumb. I just don't know where/when I would use it.

What do I do, keep it or roll again for the Charge Ups?

this is why I wish you could own multiples of the same gear

ChrisD

this is why I wish you could own multiples of the same gear

Spla2n, you listening?

I'm probably going to hold onto it until after Splatfest since my Fest tee got a Charge Up in its rolls. While I have it, it rounds out my lucky Takoroka Shoes quite well (Two Charge, one Duration). If I really just don't see me ever using it by then, it'll get Spyked.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Is Hammerhead Bridge the final map? Do we know?

IMO we're getting to that point where we have to many maps. Save them for the sequel. Compare Splatoon to other first franchise entry shooters and it's probably far exceeded those in terms of number or maps (Halo 1, Gears of War)

We probably have one or two more. I'd start a Jungle Hat petition to remove Kelp Dome from all rotations and put a new map in its place.

ChrisD

IMO we're getting to that point where we have to many maps. Save them for the sequel. Compare Splatoon to other first franchise entry shooters and it's probably far exceeded those in terms of number or maps (Halo 1, Gears of War)

We probably have one or two more. I'd start a Jungle Hat petition to remove Kelp Dome from all rotations and put a new map in its place.

I know you ain't talking about taking Kelp Dome out of Rainmaker. I know you ain't.

take it out of everything else though

ChrisD

BRIDGE IS FREAKING HUGE

Equipping the Run Speeds!
Setting the Splattershot Jr.!
Preparing to get blown to bits from Blaster fire you can't catch in time due to being on the other layer!

ffdgh

BRIDGE IS FREAKING HUGE

Equipping the Run Speeds!
Setting the Splattershot Jr.!
Preparing to get blown to bits from Blaster fire you can't catch in time due to being on the other layer!

Yeah this is larger and more complex than I expected. Gonna take a bit to get used to it.

jariw

ChrisD

You know, it may be huge and have loads of walkable land once you add all the layers up, but it still feels smaller than Flounder Heights. And that, imo, is a GREAT thing.

Geg

Well I continued my tradition of winning my first turf war on every new stage with this.

Too bad I lost every other match

SM239

Well I continued my tradition of winning my first turf war on every new stage with this.

Too bad I lost every other match

You need to change your weapon to something superior. Like the Splish.

But then you would be WAAAYYY too OP.

Top Bottom