• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

phanphare

Banned

lol, the Kraken special

CPQ3_5WUYAA6GY-.jpg

she also mentions content coming to the single player campaign. hopefully that's true. mentions a Direct coming in October to detail a 3.0.0 update.

Luigi87

So after having match after match after match (ffs game, ROTATE) at Urchin Underpass, it's either a complete victory or complete defeat. Every match I'm in, depending which team gets an advantage early on, it just seems to stick until the end. This is only in Underpass, as opposed to Bluefin and Hammerhead.

As I write this Bluefin comes up, finally.

Capra

Octoling amiibo hrrng
Callie & Marie amiibos HRRRRRNG!!

I need all of it! Ink it straight into my veins, Nintendo!

And bring the artbook & Splatune over to NA while you're at it!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'm getting the worst team

Eliter 0-7

3 rollers on Hamerhead
-----
and 3 games with teleporting people on the otherside with a tank full of ink not dying
How? How is there lagg here? The fuck?!

Since teams are never randomized during splatfest, you simply need to get lucky and start with a good team. Winning teams tend to not quit, and therefore, continue to win.
Just my luck then, teams i get that are good keeps on disbanding after 3 or so matches.

ffdgh

So after having match after match after match (ffs game, ROTATE) at Urchin Underpass, it's either a complete victory or complete defeat. Every match I'm in, depending which team gets an advantage early on, it just seems to stick until the end. This is only in Underpass, as opposed to Bluefin and Hammerhead.

As I write this Bluefin comes up, finally.

This has been my issue. Underpass is the only stage where this keeps happening for me. >_>

NOE posted some miiverse doodles:

Also I just noticed another reason the NOE splatfest is lackluster:
That isn't Inkling langauge. It is total gibberish instead (compare the "y" in messy and tidy).

How are you guys even playing. Every match I start ends up disconnecting within 30 seconds. Its bullshit. Ive never had this problem before.
Is this you first time playing since v2.0.0.?

J@hranimo

Banned
Just getting back up, might hop back on to help my fellow scientists :p

How the hell do you get that kind of odds in your guys' favor?

I had a couple solid teams going through the grind. I only really had like 4 legitimate losses and with some d/cs here and there I feel I could've gotten 20+ vibe.

That all sounds great...I'd get an Octoling amiibo! But then that would raise the question: What content would be locked behind it?

I really hope we get more single player stuff.

Luigi87

So... My latest match started normal... Then within a minute it became 4v0
... So my team did the only sensible thing and cover as much as possible, and we still only hit 89.8%...

Next match was 4v3... Giving up already Science?

Another 4v3... Feeling bad for my opponents.
... why can;t this happen in ranked? <_<

ffdgh

So... My latest match started normal... Then within a minute it became 4v0
... So my team did the only sensible thing and cover as much as possible, and we still only hit 89.8%...

Next match was 4v3... Giving up already Science?

Another 4v3... Feeling bad for my opponents.
... why can;t this happen in ranked? <_<

Art is clearly sabotaging science with their lag hacks.

Science is the who what when and where

Art is the why

we splat for the pure joy of expression. a joyous splatfest to all. Art King, signing off for now

Luigi87

Art King Queen attained at +16. Had a really nice streak, and got to 97/99 so win or lose I would get it.
We won.

No more Splatoon today!

OryoN

Since I'm hardly gonna get enough time to play(coming home from work late tonight), maybe I should have gone with Team-Art instead. I predicted they would win the popularity contest by a huge margin(Wii U/Miiverse is known for its expressive/artistic gamers), which will greatly assist in securing the overall win , but I couldn't let Marie down. My loyalty to Team-Marie is costing me precious sea snails! :/

I did manage to get about an hour of play in around midnight lastnight(went up one rank), so that's a start. I may be able walk about with at least 4 snails. Pretty pathetic, but I missed the last Splat Fest, so it's an improvement.

DaBoss

This feels like a bigger blowout than Autobots vs Decepticons. Bill Nye shouldn't be associated with Team Science, it would only bring him shame.

Rebel Leader

This feels like a bigger blowout than Autobots vs Decepticons. Bill Nye shouldn't be associated with Team Science, it would only bring him shame.

Science is as pathetic as a sad clown

It's disgusting

---

When I was killing the autobots they actually put up a fight!

Sciece is a baby to a dinosaur

I did get Science Queen last night, and I am pretty sure I ended with a win ratio higher than 50%, but my vibe meter did not get very high.

StAidan

Won most of my games as Science, though my last few were more 50/50 since I was just messing around with a charger. I'm pretty sure Science will be winning this splatfest.

Rebel Leader

Here's an idea how about we try and use discord to coordinate joining splat fest? Sendou and James(I believe) did this and got in the same game

My game pad is dead at the moment though

J@hranimo

Banned
I wouldn't get too excited yet Team Art. We're still doing well plus we have a head start in wins imo.

Another comm error. Damn, I'm losing moreso to the connection more than anything right now...

TM25

Neo Member
I'm assuming you're in EU, so have you guys ever gotten Mall for a Splatfest?

Yeah EU here, we had Mall once I believe the second or third Splatfest. Looks good at night, I remember there being torches to give off extra light. I also remember the entire enemy team DC in one mall match. Still didn't get 100% coverage though.

J@hranimo

Banned
Ah that's cool, we haven't had it at all yet which is strange o_O.

Alright all of these matches have been laggy as hell. I'm done, don't think I'll keep playing this...good luck to both sides. At least I'm guarantee max snails for whichever side wins or loses.

Ahnez

Got to science queen yay

WVW69iZyTvcUulx_dt

It was so easy lol both teams are pretty weak imo

But the lag is real.. It only happens during splatfests :p

Top Bottom