• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Zing

Banned
Funny to read all the "team science sucks" posts over the last two pages. This again shows that you can't guess the final result based on your own experience. I've lost one match, total, on team science. I have had a variety of teams and been playing throughout the day. We blow art out almost every time.

Javier

Always love how awesome Inkopolis looks during Splatfest.

JMqEPFE.jpg

I0uvLl1.jpg

ryechu

Funny to read all the "team science sucks" posts over the last two pages. This again shows that you can't guess the final result based on your own experience. I've lost one match, total, on team science. I have had a variety of teams and been playing throughout the day. We blow art out almost every time.

I'm not sure if people are serious when they use their anecdotes as evidence for one team's superiority over the other.

Geg

Holy crap, I just saw the weirdest octobrush lag ever. I killed one in front of me, turned around, and died two seconds later. Cut back to the dead octobrush with the animation of his ink swinging and flying around still showing up despite the actual inkling being gone.

ChrisD

Just won a 3v4 to complete my ascent to Science Queen. I had to get schwifty on them art mofos.

"What does schwifty even MEAN?!"
"Stop trying to use logic, it's working!"

Holy crap, I just saw the weirdest octobrush lag ever. I killed one in front of me, turned around, and died two seconds later. Cut back to the dead octobrush with the animation of his ink swinging and flying around still showing up despite the actual inkling being gone.

I've never seen it with a Brush, but have seen it happen back in 1.0. Peer to peer causes some wacky things

Geg

Ugh, I can't keep a good team for more than 3 matches. Thanks for breaking up my team with two S ranked Krakon Rollers, game

edit: Hooray lagfest. Hooray hearing the hit mark sound 6 times before they finally die when you have a 4 hit kill weapon with enough strength up subs to counter any defense ups.

You know what... Team art had really started to pull it's shit together as this goes on. I'm starting to have a little more faith we might pull through on this.

Finally, this is the first Splatfest where I've had enough time to...

I AM THE KING. Err...Queen. Whatever, I'm now Splatfest royalty! After a bad streak of losses, I finally found a few teams who can manage to make the game NOT lopsided in the enemy's favor.

I'm still weary on Science's chances to win. At least I got to the highest rank this time!

Geg

Ugh, three losses in a row now. Please just let me stay with a good team.

Just played a game where I was the only one out in the middle of Underpass while the rest of my team was spawn camped by a single tentatek

Earlier on, I encountered a player on Team Art who was named Bob Ross. I kid you not, there was a Bob Ross on Team Art. His weapon of choice? Krak-On Splat Roller.

Unfortunately for Bob, his team lost the game he and I played in.

Earlier on, I encountered a player on Team Art who was named Bob Ross. I kid you not, there was a Bob Ross on Team Art. His weapon of choice? Krak-On Splat Roller.

Pffft, figures; people that have been dead for 20 years are always so bad at competitive games.

SM239

I've had more disconnects this one splatfest then all other splatfests combined. I was only able to stick with one good team for about 10 games or so before connection was lost. At this point I'll take whatever team I can get and try to carry as hard as I can.

Geg

I've had more disconnects this one splatfest then all other splatfests combined. I was only able to stick with one good team for about 10 games or so before connection was lost. At this point I'll take whatever team I can get and try to carry as hard as I can.

Same. I usually disconnect in the lobby twice before I finally can play a game, and then the team is terrible. Most games for me with one team was 8 last night. Since then I can't do more than 3

Vibe meter has gone down from a high of 17 earlier this afternoon down to 9 because of it

I'm not even gonna bother posting my Queen image after all this, this is just sad

I was teamed up with Bob Ross for a few matches. Might've faced you!

ChrisD

Same. I usually disconnect in the lobby twice before I finally can play a game, and then the team is terrible. Most games for me with one team was 8 last night. Since then I can't do more than 3

Vibe meter has gone down from a high of 17 earlier this afternoon down to 9 because of it

I'm not even gonna bother posting my Queen image after all this, this is just sad

I'm not getting disconnects, but I have had five 3v4's to welcome me back from my short break. And they're all spawn in 3v4's.

I just wanted to see a +50 vibe meter. It would have been easy had my team from last night still been here. Now it's trash, disconnects, and intentional feeding.

Edit:
Nothing stops this train eh?

Actually the one disconnect I've had all day stopped that train. It's when I took a break, lol.

I look like I have a split personality with these up and down posts.

Geg

Fighting a team of three krakon rollers and a dynamo on Underpass is maybe the most infuriating thing I've ever experienced in Splatoon

Azure J

You know what... Team art had really started to pull it's shit together as this goes on. I'm starting to have a little more faith we might pull through on this.

Yeah, my last team before Art Queen was good enough that I could get gameplans started and assist very fluidly. A much better ending than the beginning I was forced to endure.

I actually had the pleasant experience of splatting a Bill Nye earlier in my matches. It was an amazing moment to see that notification pop up the first time. :lol

Kicko

I encountered Bill Nye. I also had the pleasure of splatting his Wario-like doppleganger, Trill Nye. What I found most interesting about Trill is that he went to war with a Nozzlenose, which I wouldn't consider the trillest weapon in the game.

But to each his own.

Made it but I don't feel too good about this one. Nevertheless I'm still looking forward to some snails!

One guy splatted me from behind and squidbagged the hell out of my corpse. So, I targeted him to hell and ended up splatting him at least three times before the match ended with him not getting me after his first kill. I made sure to squidbag him each time I got him and to my surprise I get a friend request:

Are we still going on about who will win every Splatfest? We all know who the real victor is, this guy:

250px-Spyke-transparent.png

The real losers are the Sea Snails

mo60

I encountered Bill Nye. I also had the pleasure of splatting his Wario-like doppleganger, Trill Nye. What I found most interesting about Trill is that he went to war with a Nozzlenose, which I wouldn't consider the trillest weapon in the game.

But to each his own.

I have seen a few players using bill nye's name in their mii name.

Geg

I've been with one E-Liter for four games now and he has not died once

edit: Five games. Even when two of our teammates disconnected, he went the rest of the game without getting killed

Top Bottom