• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Played the same team twice in a row, never had happen during a Splatfest before (lost both :( )

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just started the game today (perhaps a bad time due to this event) but I just had one question... is there any way to escape being spawn camped? Or are you basically SOL if all four of the other team are just hanging out in front of your spawn? lol

Sloshers for example. What the hell do I do against sloshers with the nzap 89???

Edit: and dynamos... and lunas... and basically anything that outranges the main weapon or kills faster. Like jeez if I start getting spawn camped I can't break out at all.

ChrisD

Sloshers for example. What the hell do I do against sloshers with the nzap 89???

Flank, flank, flank. Buckets actually do require a bit of aim, so if you get the drop on them it's pretty easy to kill. Also your zoning outdoes theirs due to the rapid fire, so standstills aren't too bad.

ChrisD

Science Queen! :D

I went against someone under the name SwimmyBird . Whether it really was him or not, idk.
I squid kidded him just in case it was real

Flank, flank, flank. Buckets actually do require a bit of aim, so if you get the drop on them it's pretty easy to kill. Also your zoning outdoes theirs due to the rapid fire, so standstills aren't too bad.
What if we're facing each other in a narrow area :X

Can't find the best weapon for this splatfest... Fortunately I found a pretty good team, and then kept playing together with a guy called Ein something xD wonder if he was a gaffer. We played several matches, won most of them until I got disconnected :(

I'm a science champion but I'm pretty tired already.

Hope I can finally win my first splatfest :/

ChrisD

Science is going to get fucking destroyed.

Every team seems dumber than the last.

30 Win Streak on my end. Sorry man.

What if we're facing each other in a narrow area :X

Umm... Uhh... That I got nothing for.

Ok now some scrubby Science players are starting to pop up. Messing up my nice win streak......

Had to leave the lobby to use the restroom.. Now the same happened here. Second legitimate loss of the night.

ChrisD

Okay I'm in this irredeemable Science lobby, and I don't know if I should stick around so they don't single-handedly tank us, or leave so I can actually win again.

ChrisD

Well, I left the helpless lobby after three losses. Made it back to +30. Will continue on tomorrow.

hnX2vbB.jpg

Oh my god now the awful teammates are showing up

Vibe meter gone down from 8 to 4

Maybe I SHOULD get om with Splatfest... Nah, I'll go to sleep now and wake up early-ish. I guess it was a good time to come back to Splatoon. Ha.

@Azure: Remember to draw something since you're on Team Art. =D

Anyways, yeah, tonight really was a Roller night for me. Hooray for knowing different weapon classes! =D

....There. I'm a Science King.

Goddamn. That was terrible. I've never seen my side of a Fest play so inconsistently before and this was the first time I never had a good team get a decent streak. I think the highest I got was 4 wins in a row.

I'm gonna lie down and let Halloween Color Marie sing me to sleep...

...Go Science....blah...

69wpm

I'm going to Japan to hit the team who just cost me 6 points in the last second with a stick. Fucking idiots didn't bother to come to me to attack the tower. Spamming "come here" is useless. I was alone against 4 people. We mainly lost because me and another guy where the only ones on the tower and the other 2 where doing nothing.

Geg

Wow, Squiffer on my team just went 16-2 on Bluefin. Rushed straight to the enemy's side giving no fucks and spawn camped them

ChrisD

Wow, Squiffer on my team just went 16-2 on Bluefin. Rushed straight to the enemy's side giving no fucks and spawn camped them

Maybe it's because my mind is running on fumes as it's 4AM, but this reads to be hilarious and I wish I could animate it.

So many moments of Splatoon would make the best cartoons.

Sendou

Yup that grate ramp is the best place to camp against less experienced players. I call it the "Splatfest Strategy"

Science is going to win, then.

thats not always true if arts popularity ends up being somewhere between 70-60% then science cant win at all unless they get into the the same group in win percentage and so far out of all the splafest in all regions know one has broke into the 60% area in win percentage.

ryechu

thats not always true if arts popularity ends up being somewhere between 70-60% then science cant win at all unless they get into the the same group in win percentage and so far out of all the splatfest in all regions know one has broke into the 60% area in win percentage.

If Art ends up at 70% popularity, then Science would need a 55% win rate. Based on the infrequency of art vs art, its not a 70% popularity.

StAidan

Stayed up late to grind splatfest, quit when I started losing due to exhaustion lol. I still have 50 points to go for Science King. Also, my kid will likely be racking up some losses on Team Art sometime today.
Kappa

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Stayed up late to grind splatfest, quit when I started losing due to exhaustion lol. I still have 50 points to go for Science King. Also, my kid will likely be racking up some losses on Team Art sometime today.
Kappa

Tell your kid the walls help to win

Top Bottom