• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Vena

It's weird for a big company to act against someone who demonstrably violated the terms of service of one of their products?

Oh no, not in that way. They've not really done anything to Smash hacking, so I was a bit surprised by this move. Then again, you don't want potential cheats breaking out in a largely multiplayer-online game.

Azure J

This feels like a bigger blowout than Autobots vs Decepticons. Bill Nye shouldn't be associated with Team Science, it would only bring him shame.

You guys really think team art has this?

As someone on team art, I feel like art has been creatively finding ways to fuck themselves over even when they were handed the wins on canvases on silver platters. I blame the narcotics they use to get their "inspiration". :lol

Geg

As someone on team art, I feel like art has been creatively finding ways to fuck themselves over even when they were handed the wins on canvases on silver platters. I blame the narcotics they use to get their "inspiration". :lol

I dunno after my initial win streak I played against some art teams late last night who were either really good or really lucky. Like even when I landed on a team where it turns out all the other members were rank S we still had a game on Bluefin that we only won because of a last-minute inkstrike.

Good aerospray and splattershot jr. players are a huge pain in the ass

I just had an Art vs. Art match. And made Art King! I think Art will win the popularity vote but not by the 70-30 blowout I thought it would be when they first announced it.

I don't think there's really any way to predict how the win percentage is going to go, though. In past Splatfests I've had 2-1 or even 3-1 Win/Loss ratios and the results were still close in either direction. Then for one (I think the Autobot/Decepticon) I had a losing record but my team still had the better win percentage overall.

TM25

Neo Member
4 hits from the 52 to kill someone called glitch! That is not a coincidence, they know and they are channelling the lag for evil.

DaBoss

tumblr_nuxv1hkJoF1ux7li8o1_540.jpg

Managed to get to Art King undefeated, and then saw I was a few points away from lvl50 and near 1 million cash, so I decided to go for it. Then I lost 2 matches during that time cause 1 player on my team disconnected in both of those matches.
I'm not sure.

Most people on GAF seem to be on team science, but that's not necessarily indicative of team science winning (team cat knows this well).
I find funny how the site shows correctly the stages avaliable for NA splatfest, even though its still only in japanese lol
Wow...I'm guessing they know westerners use the site.

Geg

I find funny how the site shows correctly the stages avaliable for NA splatfest, even though its still only in japanese lol

Yeah I noticed lol. They probably realized lots of non-Japanese players use it too and changed it to show regional splatfests. I remember last month it only showed the Japanese one

Heng

I dunno after my initial win streak I played against some art teams late last night who were either really good or really lucky. Like even when I landed on a team where it turns out all the other members were rank S we still had a game on Bluefin that we only won because of a last-minute inkstrike.

Good aerospray and splattershot jr. players are a huge pain in the ass
Were their names dad?

Yup. I feel like we're getting owned hard. Based on the amount of times I've faced off against fellow team art squids and how crushed we get too many times playing science, I'm seeing this ending up with most votes to art and an embarrassingly strong victory for science.

Oh well, may as well take this opportunity to experiment with weapons and *ahem* take some inspiration with the rest of our team.

TM25

Neo Member
Have another 70 points to get, but I will do that tomorrow. Hopefully I get another good team, one I had tonight never met a spawn point they didn't try to camp.

Even got a friend request which was a nice touch.

I just finished one of my best matches today.
Not only did my team won, I got 10 kills and 0 deaths! That's one hell of a perfect K/D ratio I may never get again.

Using .52 Gal Deco.

Guys.

I legitimately cannot decide between art and science. It actually prevented me from playing last night; I ended up replaying some singleplayer levels instead.

ChrisD

I love Super Jumping in somewhere, seeing that my ring is being camped, and wiping out anyone who tried to kill me by turning on Bubbler.

Did you really think I'd hop into enemy territory without defensive measures? :p

ffdgh

I love Super Jumping in somewhere, seeing that my ring is being camped, and wiping out anyone who tried to kill me by turning on Bubbler.

Did you really think I'd hop into enemy territory without defensive measures? :p

I enjoy rushing into the enemy area to slow them down with a bubbler and get a kill or 2 at the start of the match. Works surprisingly well.

ChrisD

I enjoy rushing into the enemy area to slow them down with a bubbler and get a kill or 2 at the start of the match. Works surprisingly well.

One of my favorite things to do is throw a bomb behind them, turn on Bubbler as they approach you, and then kill them in their entrapment.

On another note, my first loss on Urchin Underpass. :(

Geeeez I miss my teammates from last night. I'm not getting a +50 Streak with these "Scientists"

ffdgh

One of my favorite things to do is throw a bomb behind them, turn on Bubbler as they approach you, and then kill them in their entrapment.

I enjoy when rollers and kraken try to do their usual Ohko thing only for me to bubble. That oh shi- moment they experience is priceless. XD

J@hranimo

Banned

Geeeez I miss my teammates from last night. I'm not getting a +50 Streak with these "Scientists"

Seriously. I think most of the better scientists like us were up late getting to Science King/Queen, while the scrub ones are on losing and holding us back lol.

At least I know I put in work, can't feel bad if we lose cause of that. I still wanted to play a bit more but too many comm errors.

ChrisD

I enjoy when rollers and kraken try to do their usual Ohko thing only for me to bubble. That oh shi- moment they experience is priceless. XD

That's one of the best psych outs. If you run away for a second or two to bait them you all but guarantee a kill.

ChrisD

Seriously. I think most of the better scientists like us were up late getting to Science King/Queen, while the scrub ones are on losing and holding us back lol.

At least I know I put in work, can't feel bad if we lose cause of that. I still wanted to play a bit more but too many comm errors.

Took 5 hours to get science king. Science is doomed.

I had so much hope.

At least Art Majors worldwide can celebrate that they defeated Science.

I just had a match where one of my teammates followed me around for half the match squidkidding after I landed a tricky jump snipe.

Okay.

Edit: And then I got a friend request from a different teammate in the same match, hahahaha.

Vecks

I didn't have as much time as I wanted to play, so I decided to just stop at the first title. I hope art pulls through for me.

ChrisD

Yo I just faced the LAGGIEST player ever. He was actually invincible; we all shot at him for six seconds straight while I had us in a Bubble. He killed us halfway through the Bubbler and survived.

Really peeved with that loss.

this was my fastest time geting to King (less than 200 min). Back and forth between Sploshomatic and Custom Dual Squelcher.

Best win streak (~18 games) was with a team where two of us had echolocator and the other two had killer wails. I was amazing rhythmic symmetry with the other locator where we essentially ALWAYS had eyes on the enemy, and this allow the wails to best drop em down to trap/coral the opponents.

such fun

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Finding opponents takes forever. Are all Splatfests like this?

EU here, retired for the night at 50 in champion. My vibe is +20. Maybe tidy has a chance after all. Then again if we assume the average player is bad and assume team messy is more popular then they will have more bad players so team will be worse or something...

Now that I've said that I'll get completely wrecked tomorrow morning like what happened this morning in pre-splatfest turf wars...

TheJoRu

I am currently at 20-4 against Team Tidy. Seems like they are not only afraid of making a mess of their bedroom, they are also afraid of inking a mess out of the battlefield.

Top Bottom