• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

This may be the first time I still have Snails left over by the time a week has passed. I really fell in love with this Splattershot Jr. build. Don't even remember how much turf was on it before, but it's at 210k after tonight. Pretty sure it had like... 40k just a few days ago.

The clothes I'm wearing right now play such an important part in its operation that I don't feel the need for anymore ATM.

Really, though, I'm glad that science's popularity was as high as it was in a "hope for humanity" sort of way in NA. I expected it to lose massively in popularity.

/pessimistic

Azure J

Thanks for stopping by my stream tonight everyone. It was just what I needed after Chorefest. :p

Had some absolutely amazing matches that I hope to get up before the end of the weekend too.

Edit: 2-3

Cats, Water Slides, Marshmellows, Autobots and Art here.

ChrisD

I'm 2/3 for Splatfests, not too bad. Marshmallows and Decepticons for the wins.

Kinda wish that Splatfests worked around normal rotation times. Rainmaker got jipped by having its' four hours cut into two halves, lol. (In my Timezone) 9-11 Friday Night, 11-1 Saturday into Sunday AM.

EDIT: Um....nevermind. That tournament was just turf war with 8 players who have never touched the game. Looking into the sky while firing blanks as the "Out of Ink" message blaring on the screen. Terrible.

someday

Banned
5/5 record in splatfests. This was a hard choice but I chose art because I figured science would be picked more. I'm so sick of hearing how much better STEM is over everything else (it's my major too lol) but art is just as important.

ChrisD

5/5 record in splatfests. This was a hard choice but I chose art because I figured science would be picked more. I'm so sick of hearing how much better STEM is over everything else (it's my major too lol) but art is just as important.

You gotta' post on the thread the next time you pick so we can piggyback off of your choice. :p

Pikma

Banned
I'm not gonna lie, the only reason I chose Team Art was because I knew they were gonna win, and I wanted needed dem snails.

Fuck art, long live science.

Nico_D

Disconnects, disconnects everywhere. I've played many 3vs4 matches and one 2vs4.

Also I've been matched with 10 level players against a team of 30+ levels. On more than one occassion. And when it all goes to hell, I stare at the map and watch what my team members are doing. Some ridiculous shit usually.

On brighter note, I've been having a hell of a fun with Aerospray RG after the longest period not even thinking about the weapon. Mine kills here and there and the possibility to ink so much ground you can easily swim behind the attacking players back and jump on him. So fun.

Y'know, I knew it would be close, but not THIS close. Wow.

Anyways, when's Violet coming back? We need Team Colors (Team Prismatic for Azure) to happen. It'd make the perfect formation. We have Red up front, with his crazy aggressive Roller, Azure with either his Charger, Tentatek, or even .96 Gal, me, being more of a Wildcard with my odd psychology of having better days with certain weapons vs others, both of us midfielding, and Violet in back, with his E-Liter support.

This diamond formation is based on Walleye's shape and size, and I think it could be crazy effective. It might be less effective on maps like Bluefin, but we'll work on that.

Nah, Violet's in game name is Violet_O and he mains the e-liters

At the same time, he started out using the New Squiffer. The lag + Inkzooka was hilarious. Nothing beats Remote Bomb Sniping though, but Sonic speed Kraken sure was close. Haha. =P

Made it to tidy king (guess eternal tidying boy is dead as a title :( ) with a vibe of +28. Decided to help the side and ended up at +25...oh dear.

Also I think there might a dialogue control code glitch here:
WVW69iZz6dES0gIUlY
The expression doesn't fit that at all.

0/5 ... FUCK.
I'm on 1/4 at the moment and the 1 was a splatfest where I didn't even do anything (as that was after v2.0.0 netcode made it unplayable until I got a new internet connection). To put it another way it is better to lose and play then it is to win and not do anything.

Well some hours to go until I find if that will be 1/5.

One.... percent..?

@_@
I wonder if it is rigged like Judd so that draws are impossible. There is no dialogue in the event of a draw.

Rize_21

That new map is a blast with the dynamo, there's just so many traps and possibilites in there, love it next to walleye warehouse, can't wait to give a try on ranked once splatzones are going live.

About that splatfest, it's impossible to tell who'll win, had many mirror matches tho, so Messy should get the popularity at least, shoutout to that octobrush user who smartly installed beakons all over the maps by the way, it was just so effiicient, we constantly had 70% + victories, the only time there was a solid synergy in this festival.

Nico_D

About that splatfest, it's impossible to tell who'll win, had many mirror matches tho, so Messy should get the popularity at least, shoutout to that octobrush user who smartly installed beakons all over the maps by the way, it was just so effiicient, we constantly had 70% + victories, the only time there was a solid synergy in this festival.

I've had one messy vs. messy match so far but loads of other bullshit. I'm maybe +4 on the hotness scale so doing great. So it seems it was you who ended up compensating me in the end.

I'm 4-1 now (lost Hot Dog vs. Marshmallow), but this is why I chose Team Art too. And I'm also a STEM guy. Not to get too offtopic but while there is a lot of BS in some of the humanities there is no denying the power and influence of art. I've been working through the Art Academy titles on both the Wii U and 3DS and it's really changed a lot about how I look at the world.

I had at least seven Art vs. Art matches yesterday and thought Team Art's popularity would be much higher. I guess there just weren't many Science players on at those times.

GGs though Team Science!

StAidan

Man, I was really hoping for the 24 sea snails, guess I'll have to deal with 18 + the 600K in my squidbank account. I'm working on a new set of equipment for my brush and I don't have triple subs on any of it yet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My second Splatfest lost. I had a feeling Art would win, but I thought it would be a lot more popular. Didn't have the chance to play very much this time around, so I only ended up with a handful of snails. Yes, you can blame me for not playing more, #TeamScience.

WVW69iaAPaw0-Z20pE

I posted this in the discord chat too but 2/3 damage up subs vs my old one that had triple special duration up. I think I did better rebuying than keeping the old one.

DaBoss

Wow, that's a negligible difference that was most definitely truncated. It is the lowest split possible.
The worst part is I'm sure science could have had the higher win score if the game wouldn't keep disconnecting good teams in the lobby. I probably lost like 40% of all the games I played this splatfest and it was thanks to constantly having to find new teams and discovering how bad they could be
But this affected people on both teams.

All around worst Splatfest for connection issues.

EDIT: I only got dc'd in a lobby once, but I've faced teams and been on teams with a dc mid-game quite a number of times.
WVW69iaAPaw0-Z20pE

I posted this in the discord chat too but 2/3 damage up subs vs my old one that had triple special duration up. I think I did better rebuying than keeping the old one.
Nice.

TM25

Neo Member
Achieved Messy King/Orange Hokage. Carried a few teams, fought back a few teams in Urchin Underpass to get some wins. One really bad match at Bluefin. All in all a painless splatfest.

Really like Hammerhead. Though with it and Flounder, I see myself not using Inkbrush in the future if they are in rotation.

J@hranimo

Banned
Mxi3HZA.jpg

So today instead if making Spyke reroll a bunch of gear, I decided to add a bunch of slots to gear.

I actually bought this mesh hat for the first time today and thought "Maybe I should try out one of these defense up builds and if I add slots to it maybe it can be a good loadout.

Didn't expect THIS to happen! This is the first triple sub gear I've gotten in over two months.

Fun Splatfest. Team Science really gave us Art a run for our money.
I had a good amount of close rounds. I really thought Science was going to win but I knew Art was going to take popularity because I went up against my own team several times.

This is the first Splatfest where I reached Queen status. WOOO!

My Splatfest Stats so far:
- Cats vs Dogs : WIN
- Roller Coasters vs Water Slides: LOSE
- Marshmallows vs Hot Dogs: LOSE
- Autobots vs Decepticons: LOSE
- Art vs Science: WIN

2/5

Good games to everyone! 😊

ffdgh

I would like to join in on the spontanious triple sub luck. Heck I was hoping for running subs and got this beauty instead a second ago. Hello first non level up triple. :D
byYOWpB.jpg

Top Bottom