• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

So I happened to reach level 30 during the splatfest and claimed my armour. After the splatfest checked my inventory and it wasn't there and I got slightly worried I had glitched it. I then talked to Judd and received it (again from my perspective but for the first time game perspective).

Since it automatically puts it onto you and then adds it to your inventory my guess is a splatfest shirt overrode that happening (otherwise I'd have a glitch where I could use any shirt during a splatfest for a small window) and the rewards are coded such that you will be rewarded them if you don't already have them (I guess that also stops the situation where someone doesn't talk to Judd between level 25-30 then being locked out of that).

ChrisD

If you turn the game off after getting your Level rewards and without doing anything else, you can claim the same award endlessly. Even though it says saving after receiving, it's apparently not saving everything.

Zing

Banned
Faced off earlier against a level 50 Zing with a football helmet and a Splattershot Jr. I think, was that the Zing here?
Yes, that was me. I have fun with the run speed up gear and Splattershot Jr. I basically just never stop inking, bubble when in danger, and keep going.

If you turn the game off after getting your Level rewards and without doing anything else, you can claim the same award endlessly. Even though it says saving after receiving, it's apparently not saving everything.
Looks like I'll claim it for a third time tomorrow then :lol:

Maybe that is what happened

Edit: So what if Team Science won (apparently it is stored in the memory so anyone who can view memory can verify...):
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/645466230564847616 said:
Booyah! You just got scienced!
Dang it...
Scientific method in the hizzouse! Great job, guys.
Well played, science nerds.
Seriously American Marie? Hizzouse? (that word alone kind of makes me doubt its authenticity or makes me think the results were rigged to Art winning...it would explain the popularity making no sense)

ss-hikaru

So I happened to reach level 30 during the splatfest and claimed my armour. After the splatfest checked my inventory and it wasn't there and I got slightly worried I had glitched it. I then talked to Judd and received it (again from my perspective but for the first time game perspective).

Since it automatically puts it onto you and then adds it to your inventory my guess is a splatfest shirt overrode that happening (otherwise I'd have a glitch where I could use any shirt during a splatfest for a small window) and the rewards are coded such that you will be rewarded them if you don't already have them (I guess that also stops the situation where someone doesn't talk to Judd between level 25-30 then being locked out of that).

Yeah that happened to me to. I think it only really saves the fact that you received it if you move to a different 'window'. So now when I receive something from Judd I jump to one of the shops and then power off.

ChrisD

I just remembered I never posted this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCmbZyu6lM0

It's a Jazz Cover of Splatoon's Main Theme. I go on a binge-listening spree with this guy's channel every few weeks. I intended on posting this back when he posted it so it would seem less advertise-y and more share-y, but I must have forgotten haha.

RedFyn

Team Callie all the way but this picture is amazing.
39534c6ee5c36a2571291ysodo.jpg
http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=52176513

This is the one she? did of Callie (not sure its Callie but that's what Pinterest said)

Geg

I still wanna see someone do a picture of Callie and Marie as Agents 1 and 2 with the Hero versions of their preferred weapons (roller for Callie, charger for Marie)

Blues1990

I always wanted to know what Callie and Marie's (they are sisters, right?) dialogue options are, with regards to the opposing losing team winning a Splatfest. For Callie during the Autobots VS. Decepticons Splatfest, I'm certain that she would have quoted one of Optimus' lines from the 1986 animated movie. (“Until that day… till all are one.”)

ChrisD

I always wanted to know what Callie and Marie's (they are sisters, right?) dialogue options are, with regards to the opposing losing team winning a Splatfest. For Callie during the Autobots VS. Decepticons Splatfest, I'm certain that she would have quoted one of Optimus' lines from the 1986 animated movie. (“Until that day… till all are one.”)

Story spoilers?
They're actually cousins, but Squid Sisters sounds better.

haven't really felt like playing Splatoon lately :p
don't have much time for gaming anyway, oh and yeah my connection still sucks

But we miss the Sonic speed Kraken. =P

Well, whenever you feel like it, just let us know. I had to take a 2 week break from Splatoon because of random shenanigans happening.

Edit: so yeah, a transformer just blew up/short circuited on my street. It took another transformer with it. I had my CRT TV and Wii U connected directly to the electrical socket. Welp, RIP, I think. Not gonna be happy if either of those 2 items go.

Blues1990

Story spoilers?
They're actually cousins, but Squid Sisters sounds better.

Spoilers? For 'Transformers: The Movie', or for Splatoon?
By the way, thank you for clarifying about that little fact. My friend had claimed they were sisters, but with the exception of their moles, they don't remotely look alike.

69wpm

The point system in ranked is so stupid it's not even funny anymore. People get rewarded for doing absolutely nothing but killing people. Nobody gives a shit about the objective. Had a guy in my team who would wait in corners for people to pass by and kill them. I was the only one trying to capture and hold the zone, put up splash walls to protect team mates and what do I get? -7 points for the effort. At this point I can start camping around and hope to win for maximum points.

Also: People should get rewards if they turn a match around or prevent the team from loosing. I can't count the times I managed to fend off people in Tower Control or Rain Maker in overtime. Yet, it doesn't matter for your score at all.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The point system in ranked is so stupid it's not even funny anymore. People get rewarded for doing absolutely nothing but killing people. Nobody gives a shit about the objective. Had a guy in my team who would wait in corners for people to pass by and kill them. I was the only one trying to capture and hold the zone, put up splash walls to protect team mates and what do I get? -7 points for the effort. At this point I can start camping around and hope to win for maximum points.

Also: People should get rewards if they turn a match around or prevent the team from loosing. I can't count the times I managed to fend off people in Tower Control or Rain Maker in overtime. Yet, it doesn't matter for your score at all.
Stupid? Your team wins, you get points; your team loses, you lose points. No pity points needed in a competitive environment.

Pikma

Banned

So basically the game should reward you for doing what you're supposed to do in order to win? What?

Zing

Banned
The point system in ranked is so stupid it's not even funny anymore. People get rewarded for doing absolutely nothing but killing people.
What rank are you? I certainly do not feel this is the case at rank S.

I thought you were going to complain how matches comprised of all rank S players earn you less points for a win than you lose for a loss. It's harsh.

69wpm

What rank are you? I certainly do not feel this is the case at rank S.

I thought you were going to complain how matches comprised of all rank S players earn you less points for a win than you lose for a loss. It's harsh.

S rank. I have 3 scenarios:

1:

Team A: S, S, S, S
Team B: A+, A+, S, S

Team B looses, -7 points.

2:

Team A: S, S, S, S+
Team B: S, S, S, S

Team B looses, -5 points.

3:

Team A: S, S, S, S
Team B: S, S, S, S+

Team B looses only 5 points.

So S ranks loose less points against S ranks but you're screwed if you get mixed up with A ranks. Very weird.

nom

You lose more points as you get higher in the S rank, not sure what happened with that 1st scenario though because that seems a tad high for having a lesser ranked team

EDIT: I think it counts S and S+ as the same, so maybe it counts A+ and S as the same too. So in that first scenario if you're at like S-80, losing 7 points for a game is fairly normal I think? I can't remember

69wpm

You lose more points as you get higher in the S rank, not sure what happened with that 1st scenario though because that seems a tad high for having a lesser ranked team

EDIT: I think it counts S and S+ as the same, so maybe it counts A+ and S as the same too. So in that first scenario if you're at like S-80, losing 7 points for a game is fairly normal I think? I can't remember

Yeah, except that I had like 30 something points. If I was close to S+ I'd understand.

DaBoss

Those point losses for those scenarios seem to be wrong.

If you are at S 0-39 for every single one of those matches, you would lose 4 points in each of them.

69wpm

Those point losses for those scenarios seem to be wrong.

If you are at S 0-39 for every single one of those matches, you would lose 4 points in each of them.

Well, I've lost 5 points a lot. One time 7. It's weird because the teams were exactly the same (rank wise) and one time I lost 5 and the match after only 4 points.

Zing

Banned
Yes, I have been running two run speed main, a swim main, and four swim subs. It's fun with any fast shooter (Tentatek, Sploosh, Splash, even dual squelcher).

Geg

Hammerhead Bridge has kind of inspired me to try for the triple run speed up on my Rockenberg boots. Even if it doesn't help the dual squelcher's walk speed while firing, I still need it just for running normally on all those grates

TM25

Neo Member
That, paired with 6 swim speed up subs is my rainmaker loadout.
[Yes, I have been running two run speed main, a swim main, and four swim subs. It's fun with any fast shooter (Tentatek, Sploosh, Splash, even dual squelcher)./QUOTE]

Both of you are evil. Did I multi quote right? It appears I did not.

On another note I understand why you guys like charger so much. Messed around with it and had fun even though I suck at it. Actually got an anti air snipe and dynamos were afraid of me.

phanphare

Banned
Hammerhead Bridge has kind of inspired me to try for the triple run speed up on my Rockenberg boots. Even if it doesn't help the dual squelcher's walk speed while firing, I still need it just for running normally on all those grates

yeah that's my next triple sub that I'm trying to roll for

run speed up + the heavy splatling = good times

Top Bottom