• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

phanphare

Banned
jpCoSqs.jpg

People see you having fun
Just a-lying in the sun
Tell them that you like it this way
It's the work that we avoid
And we're all self-employed
We love to work at nothing all day

StAidan

All you triple sub lucky dogs. I spent 18 snails and 600K on one shirt attempting to hit triple damage up, instead it gave me a triple Special Saver (hah). Had to spend most of the rest of my cash rerolling to a double damage up.

L95

Also I think there might a dialogue control code glitch here:

The expression doesn't fit that at all.

There are a few expressions that don't fit. For example, the "can see all the way out west" line also uses her upset/exasperated face. Reading the japanese text on the wiki, it looks like they don't change the expressions from the japanese version.

PBalfredo

That splatfest was surprisingly close. I would have thought art would skew higher in popularity given Splatoon's overall vibe.

Gonna spend my sea snails now. Thanks art team!

Geg

Huh, I didn't have any connection issues this splatfest except from getting dropped out of the lobby. Guess I lucked out.

Well that's what I meant, I never got disconnected in the middle of a game and only had a few games where teammates disconnected (I won two 3 v 4s and came extremely close to winning a third) but I got kicked out of lobbies way more than in any other splatfest. I even had that problem that comes up in squads sometimes, where the enemy team will show up and then immediately a "Lost connection to team" message will come up, which never happened in other splatfests

Geg

lol I would actually have a higher Splatfest win rate if I just went with Callie on everything instead of picking what I actually prefer

Robotguy

Well that's what I meant, I never got disconnected in the middle of a game and only had a few games where teammates disconnected (I won two 3 v 4s and came extremely close to winning a third) but I got kicked out of lobbies way more than in any other splatfest. I even had that problem that comes up in squads sometimes, where the enemy team will show up and then immediately a "Lost connection to team" message will come up, which never happened in other splatfests
Oh, those happened to me quite a bit in previous splatfests as well. I don't think they were any more common for me than in other splatfests.

Pikma

Banned
Hadn't noticed until now that I've always sided with Callie.

Team Dogs✔
Team Rollercoasters✔
Team Hot Dogs❌
Team Autobots❌
Team Art✔

ChrisD

For real, why have my last three Turf War games been 3v4 after rage quits? I thought this was just a Splatfest thing. Now I'm seeing people do it left and right, American, Japanese, doesn't matter.

Four games, two for two with my team being the receiving end twice and theirs the same.

For real, why have my last three Turf War games been 3v4 after rage quits? I thought this was just a Splatfest thing. Now I'm seeing people do it left and right, American, Japanese, doesn't matter.
Why is your first thought rage quit when it fact it should be disconnections.

I had a flounder heights (yay) match which went 31:48...then I saw it was actually 2v4 and felt a bit better.

ChrisD

Why is your first thought rage quit when it fact it should be disconnections.

I had a flounder heights (yay) match which went 31:48...then I saw it was actually 2v4 and felt a bit better.

Because they die three/four times then disconnect during their respawn lol. May be coincidences, but four times has me thinking otherwise.

L95

Strange, but I've always never seen a point in ragequitting.

Though I've disconnected at times like that too, I wonder what it looks like when I disconnect right before someone kills me, do I start the respawn animation on their side?

ChrisD

If it really is RQ's, I don't see the point either. This isn't a MOBA where battles can go on for an hour. The most time you're ever looking at is six-seven minutes.

Strange, but I've always never seen a point in ragequitting.

Though I've disconnected at times like that too, I wonder what it looks like when I disconnect right before someone kills me, do I start the respawn animation on their side?
I think you do as I saw that happen to one of our team in a splatfest. They went back to the spwan point (I was swimming away at this point and heard the disconnection splat noise).

Also high latency is an absolute killer to performance. I play so much better now that I'm not killed by phantom rollers for example.

Geg

The L button doesn't do anything either. I remember reading some suggestions to map jump to it so that non-gyro players can jump and swing the camera at the same time

Ahnez

The L button doesn't do anything either. I remember reading some suggestions to map jump to it so that non-gyro players can jump and swing the camera at the same time

I don't know why the game doesn't allow control customization..

Mapping something to L would help a lot.

I would use it to activate the special weapon.. More than once, when I need a quick special trigger, I end up moving the stick instead of pressing it..

Geg

I would use it to activate the special weapon.. More than once, when I need a quick special trigger, I end up moving the stick instead of pressing it..

I've noticed this happen with other players sometimes. Like someone in front of me will activate Inkzooka but then swing way to the right as they do it letting me kill them easily before they can readjust their aim

EulaCapra

There needs to be a bubble wand weapon.

Simply tapping ZR would shoot really short-range bubbles that should take 4-5 hits to splat. But charging it up could blow a large bubble that would explode like a smaller-scale Rainmaker Shield.

ffdgh

Dear lord yes give me the option to activate the special with the L button. I can't stand pressing down on the R stick.

So I actually got splatoon working! Got to level 12 now and I really am enjoying it. Really love the splat zones mode the most.

However with ranked it's kind of a gamble with random people, was wondering if anyone wanted to squad up?

Azure J

We need the dance those two inklings are always going in the plaza.

Left or Right on the d-pad, your choice Nintendo! ;)

They should make it so that if you hold the button, all your regular movements are replaced with dances on top of said movements. I want to style on fools while aiming a scope. Top level meta right there.

Kito

Missed the EU splatfest due to moving cities, geared up my Tidy splatfest shit for nothing :(. I wish these were more frequent. Hurry up 10 October.

Geg

So I actually got splatoon working! Got to level 12 now and I really am enjoying it. Really love the splat zones mode the most.

However with ranked it's kind of a gamble with random people, was wondering if anyone wanted to squad up?
That's cool that it's working for you now! Most regular posters here are rank S or S+ with a few of us still in the A+ to B+ range. I'm sure some of them wouldn't mind squadding with someone just starting out, but be ready to play against a lot of teams who are mostly rank S or S+

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I like putting stuff in the background when playing mobile games and Derrick from GameXplain is a perfect example of being a total noob at lv 30.

That's cool that it's working for you now! Most regular posters here are rank S or S+ with a few of us still in the A+ to B+ range. I'm sure some of them wouldn't mind squadding with someone just starting out, but be ready to play against a lot of teams who are mostly rank S or S+

Ooo, yeah I'm at C+ currently so maybe I should wait a little bit before grouping.

Can you group with same team members in splat fests or not?

Top Bottom