• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Dry_Bones

It's a whole new game in A rank .. I really am a detriment to my squad ! (I usually get something like 5 kills and 10 deaths!) Thankfully the others are winning it for me and I am sitting on 70 points in A- at the moment .. I'm thinking of changing the Aerospray MG but don't know where to go :(

Hot damn - I haven't turned this game on since Autobots vs. Decepticons. I don't know who won and I never got my sea snails. Did I miss another Splatfest? Anything important change in the latest update? Why is there someone wearing a generic Splatfest tee in my lobby?

Neoxon

Hot damn - I haven't turned this game on since Autobots vs. Decepticons. I don't know who won and I never got my sea snails. Did I miss another Splatfest? Anything important change in the latest update? Why is there someone wearing a generic Splatfest tee in my lobby?
You missed Art vs. Science. Art won.

Geg

Decepticons won the Transformers one. I think if you wait too long after a splatfest you miss your chance to get the snails.

Also the people in the generic splatfest shirts are likely the last people you played with back in the last splatfest, since the last seven people you played with are always somewhere in your plaza.

I had a funny turf war match. One of the people entering the room was someone I played quite a few games during the splatfest in. In the turf war match we lost and they left and I am left wonder did they recognize me?

Vena

If you don't collect snails before another Splatfest starts voting cycle, you lose the snails.

J@hranimo

Banned
After several TC games I'm really enjoying the H-3 Nozzlenose. It makes you think. It's a weapon that makes you really pay attention to the whole map and pace your shots. This variant is a great support weapon if used right imo. The H-3 Nozzlenose D will be a more aggressive variant when it comes out.

Zing

Banned
Something needs to change with the ranking system. There needs to be another dozen letters added. My teammates claim they are "S", but I see better when my daughter is playing in rank B. How did these guys possibly get into S.

Vena

Something needs to change with the ranking system. There needs to be another dozen letters added. My teammates claim they are "S", but I see better when my daughter is playing in rank B. How did these guys possibly get into S.

Getting carried hard.

I had a weird trolling duo in a couple of turf wars (before I backed out to add slots/change equipment, trying to go for triple subs) it was two gold aerospray users who managed to score sub 80 points. In fact they were on different teams the second game and one was on the winning side with a score of 308 points...

It sure softens the blow of the loss in the first match as it was effectively 2v4.

ffdgh

It's a whole new game in A rank .. I really am a detriment to my squad ! (I usually get something like 5 kills and 10 deaths!) Thankfully the others are winning it for me and I am sitting on 70 points in A- at the moment .. I'm thinking of changing the Aerospray MG but don't know where to go :(

Gold dynamo > jump and flick > murder everything. Toss a bomb and inkstrike occasionally too.

Aerospray RG is now the new top tier weapon after some new tech was found.

Kappa
Lol can't wait to see this new tech
Keepo
Everyone decided to stop playing because they all agreed I'm too OP

New map was released last week, and last weekend was the most frustratingly error-filled Splatfest we've had so far
I knew the ds was a high tier weapon
Man too bad about the splatfest :( thought they would have the errors fixed by now

ChrisD

For as buggy as the Splatfest was, I always forget how nice it is being left to your own region.

Screw Japanese Inkzookas
Screw Japanese Krakens
Screw Japanese Snipers

Now that that's out of my system....

Screw Japanese Inkzookas.

So a Japanese Krak-On just trolled our team in Rainmaker. Kept calling C'mon once his Kraken charged, so I picked up the RM and followed him. He went into the middle of Arowana Mall, halted his forward movement and started hopping up and down. When the Kraken expired he was squid-kidding. Spamming Booyah and C'mon the whole time. Then he picked it up and walked into the enemy's ink on purpose, ignoring the path we set up.

guy was salty over something.

ffdgh

If there's one thing I'll say about the splatfest is that the chargers weren't nowhere near as annoying. Atlease you could see thier laser and not get spatted by nonexistent aiming.

Ahnez

If there's one thing I'll say about the splatfest is that the chargers weren't nowhere near as annoying. Atlease you could see thier laser and not get spatted by nonexistent aiming.

But on the other hand.. it was a long time since the last time I got sniped by a kraken, and it happened twice during this splatfest :p

Geg

Pretty sure rollers have a range on par with the splattershot. It's really deceptive and hard to get used to

ss-hikaru

Why is there someone wearing a generic Splatfest tee in my lobby?

People wearing splatfest tees for other region splatfests will appear to be wearing a generic splatfest tee. Although there are no splatfests on anymore so maybe said person hadn't logged in since the end of the splatfest so their shirt wasn't taken away yet?

On squidbagging stories, was playing turf wars and there was some Japanese charger who would squidbag after killing you. It was annoying but also seemed stupid because he ended up with less than 200 points, not that many kills and his team lost. Is it really that satisfying to squidbag someone even if you lose pretty much everything else? Ended up leaving that room, I can't stand squidbaggers.

Robotguy

It's Splatfest, so the chargers you were playing with probably don't hide their laser.

I'm not seeing anything that isn't possible in that video.
Yeah, it seems like it's at the far end of roller flick range. It's easy to underestimate how far they can attack vertically.

Junahu

It's Splatfest, so the chargers you were playing with probably don't hide their laser.
Killing a kid is great, but if I know I can't make the shot, I'll deliberately use the laser to scare the enemy away. You can really slow down the enemy advance by playing laser tag with them, or leaving the laser trained on an important crossing area.

If I can't be an accurate sniper, I can at least be a loud one. #teamvisiblelaser

Luigi87

As said, a lot of people get carried.

My ideal is that players would have an individual rank for solo queue and and squad up, that way you may be S in one, and B in another.
or S+ in both if you are legit awesome)

ChrisD

Killing a kid is great, but if I know I can't make the shot, I'll deliberately use the laser to scare the enemy away. You can really slow down the enemy advance by playing laser tag with them, or leaving the laser trained on an important crossing area.

If I can't be an accurate sniper, I can at least be a loud one. #teamvisiblelaser

This totally works on me, too. Next Splatfest strat, laser pointer cat chase!

Wait this was a buggy Splatfest?

I made Art King for the first time and it went flawlessly for me.

I had a flawless trip to Queen, but that was from the hours of 11PM (Friday) to 2AM. The actual day itself (12PM-8PM) was horrible when it came to disconnects. Did you play at peak hours, or during the first/last three?

ffdgh

Ugh no one seems to have any run up mains with a few run subs but plenty of damage up on eliters. I need my sanic gear damn it!

Wait this was a buggy Splatfest?

I made Art King for the first time and it went flawlessly for me.

For art yeah. Team science had to deal with ungodly connection errors for the first few hours.

Luigi87

I think I played with the worst team I ever played with... Simply put the enemy team had two on the tower, I splat'd both, got on, but another one Super-Jumped, I splat'd him. Then another one super jumped. I splat'd him, but due to the time length, one of the first two I splat'd respawned and super-jumped, and mine dropped, so I splat'd him, but he splat'd me, then the other teammate of his super-jumped onto the tower.

MEANWHILE, my team was elsewhere on the map absolutely nowhere near the tower. I honestly have no idea what they were doing.

Crayolan

Everyone decided to stop playing because they all agreed I'm too OP

New map was released last week, and last weekend was the most frustratingly error-filled Splatfest we've had so far

I think the player count decreased because summer is over. At least that's why I can't play anymore, college and stuff.

Just came to say fuck Nintendo and this Last boss battle.

It's the best though.

Just won 98 to 97. Over a minute was us trying to move the tower greater than ten from our goal and it just not happening. We won in overtime on our final push as soon as we were within two.

I'm back up to A- rank after the match afterwards. Which saw twl teams both having A-, A- and A while one had an A+ and the other a B+. I was the B+.

Ready to drop again. I'm trying to upgrade and level all the gear in the game to max so I don't even care about perks.

Luigi87

Well that was a weird match... For like the first 2.5-3 minutes I was the only one who advanced the tower... This includes the enemy team. It's like every other player was just afraid of the tower.

Suffice to say we won, but... That was strange.
Maybe the other seven players were more interested in K/D?

Ugh no one seems to have any run up mains with a few run subs but plenty of damage up on eliters. I need my sanic gear damn it!

For art yeah. Team science had to deal with ungodly connection errors for the first few hours.

Huh that's interesting, why would one team have to deal with connection errors and another not I wonder.

Geg

Nintendo confirmed for sabotaging team science

But nah I don't even know if it really was just one team, it's just that most regulars in here were team science so there weren't many people to talk about their experiences on team art.

For me at least the number of disconnects during matches was about the same as usual, but the real problem was disconnecting from your team in the lobby.

Sometimes you have those sessions where nothing goes right
Dropped all the way to A

Some of the worst teams yet. Also. I don't think I did that good myself

So this happened.

6XRPpSt.jpg

In fact it happened twice in the same match. Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with Splatoon in the last two weeks or so. Is this a new exploit?

I mean how can the Rainmaker get on that raise platform?

Once they had the lead they just kept it there and while me team was shooting them we ourselves couldn't get on the platform. So it mostly hung out.

I'm leveling all the gear in the game and am finding that I'm close to leveling all the slots I have. I don't like leveling max gear so I may wait for the next Splatfest for more snails. I find it hard to go for King or Queen when it's more than all the work I just did for possibly only half the snails.

I also don't want to play sloppy and cause losses by overplaying.

Robotguy

So this happened.

In fact it happened twice in the same match. Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with Splatoon in the last two weeks or so. Is this a new exploit?

I mean how can the Rainmaker get on that raise platform?

Once they had the lead they just kept it there and while me team was shooting them we ourselves couldn't get on the platform. So it mostly hung out.

I'm leveling all the gear in the game and am finding that I'm close to leveling all the slots I have. I don't like leveling max gear so I may wait for the next Splatfest for more snails. I find it hard to go for King or Queen when it's more than all the work I just did for possibly only half the snails.

I also don't want to play sloppy and cause losses by overplaying.
There's a trick where you can jump from one of the planters nearby up onto the platform near spawn. At least I think that's how it works, haven't seen it in action.

I imagine it will get patched out soon.

ffdgh

Get on rainmaker base thing
jump on plant
jump to spawn area
literally block out the opposition's one route to the rain maker
???
cheap profit.

Can't seem to find the video at the moment.

It's a trick even before the 2.1.0 update, apparently Nintendo isn't going to patch it? The main point of the trick is let enemy splat the RM holder on the homebase platform so RM wont go back to center when time out, the RM will be left there and be nearly impossible for opponent team to get it. The trick is doable in multiple maps.

Top Bottom