• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Just came to say fuck Nintendo and this Last boss battle.

First time I've been challenged by a Nintendo game since...no it's probably the first time I've been challenged by a Nintendo game. Really epic and well-done final boss.

69wpm

I'm starting to get used to the Range Blaster. But playing against Japanese players is like throwing poop at the wall: Hope it sticks. Sometimes I have to hit them 3 freaking times because it doesn't register.

Rain Maker is as frustrating as ever. Either you have great teams, balanced teams or people who seem to only care about kills and don't want to win. Had a guy follow me, killed 2 enemies for him, inked the path to the end. What does he do? Stopps to kill the 2 spawning guys, gets killed, therefore we lost the match. Why?

ChrisD

That Kelp Dome exploit is way worse than any Saltspray Rig time out will ever be. I love the mode/map combination, but if other maps were pulled for less damaging reasons, Dome needs pulled stat.

69wpm

Splatoon, where you play against 3 snipers and a Roller on Saltspray. Much fun. Wow. Managed to get the tower to 25 points after I went on a rampage but that was it. No chance.

L95

First time I've been challenged by a Nintendo game since...no it's probably the first time I've been challenged by a Nintendo game. Really epic and well-done final boss.

...h-huh.

I beat the final boss on the second try with little issue, I needed one dud run to figure out his patterns. I have more trouble with some Mario platformers... .-.

Though maybe I'm just not good at platforming

Geg

I've never lost to the final boss, even when doing the charger amiibo challenge. It is a lot more intense than doing it with the standard shooter though

Luigi87

I'd say the standard story mode, and the time-trial (Squid amiibo) are the most difficult for the final boss. Charger and Roller versions are fairly easy.

... I wish there was more single player content. It's so good!

Also wish some of the single player music would find its way over to multiplayer...

Jintor

I died a bunch of times on my first runthrough. I was getting particularly frustrated at the end bit where he launches the giant missile really fast, I kept mistiming my refills and running out of juice.

anyway i drew this

tumblr_nv2z9l2Cku1rnx5rho1_r1_400.jpg

That's really looks nice. I like art that has a distinctive style.

The last boss wasn't super difficult I died a few time but once you get the pattern its pretty easy. You just have to be quick.

I can understand the Nintendo thing since bosses in their games tend to never get as difficult as the levels. A lot of games have this issue.

I'd say the standard story mode, and the time-trial (Squid amiibo) are the most difficult for the final boss. Charger and Roller versions are fairly easy.

... I wish there was more single player content. It's so good!

Also wish some of the single player music would find its way over to multiplayer...

Yeah after playing the final boss I began to dread having to use those two weapons as I couldn't imagine using them to do the damage I needed to reflect stuff.

Instead the devs understandably made just spawned less enemies and basically allows any hit (no need to charge at all) send stuff back. Making it super easy. To be fair they would have to actually redesign the boss fight otherwise for the new weapons.

69wpm

I don't know if people are just stupid or they loose on purpose. Saw one guy from our team pop the bubble which was near our end. He didn't pick the Rain Maker up and swam away. The enemy picked it up and won.

ChrisD

^I've never seen a whole team have a mutual understanding that you shouldn't pop the bubble just because. There's always that one guy who has to pop it now even if the rest of you want it to just stay in your color.

Typically it shows in the end when a time-out will confirm a win.

69wpm

In this case we were under attack in our base. Popping the bubble was the worst thing to do especially if you are not picking up the RM. That guy was the only one near it, we others were fending off the enemies. One got through, picked it up and that was it.

Urchin Underpass btw.

I got this recently and have found the online play a lot more fun than I expected to. The only game I ever had a blast playing online was Left 4 Dead and while this isn't as up there for me, it's still a lot of damn fun. I like how bite sized the matches are, the minimal leveling/RPG aspect to it, and just the overall feel for it. I don't even get that bummed when my team loses by a bunch.

I'm playing that on my own and Destiny: TTK with a friend on my PS4, and while Destiny has its merits it sometimes feels like an overly-serious, "epic," bore compared to the fun I have with Splatoon. I feel like I spend half the time in that game just trying to figure out what all the esoteric items and crafting pieces are. Going from that to Splatoon is a breath of fresh air.

I don't know how much online gaming works on the Wii U. Is there a GAF team? Is there a group on here for players? I'm only level 8 and not that great, but pretty decent I think.

Robotguy

I got this recently and have found the online play a lot more fun than I expected to. The only game I ever had a blast playing online was Left 4 Dead and while this isn't as up there for me, it's still a lot of damn fun. I like how bite sized the matches are, the minimal leveling/RPG aspect to it, and just the overall feel for it. I don't even get that bummed when my team loses by a bunch.

I'm playing that on my own and Destiny: TTK with a friend on my PS4, and while Destiny has its merits it sometimes feels like an overly-serious, "epic," bore compared to the fun I have with Splatoon. I feel like I spend half the time in that game just trying to figure out what all the esoteric items and crafting pieces are. Going from that to Splatoon is a breath of fresh air.

I don't know how much online gaming works on the Wii U. Is there a GAF team? Is there a group on here for players? I'm only level 8 and not that great, but pretty decent I think.
Check the OP and second post. There is a link there to the GAF splatoon discord server which is where most of the GAF splatoon talk/ match arrangement happens. There is also a spreadsheet that has a list of GAF splatoon players and their NNIDs, so if you see someone active in the thread/discord you can add them off of there.

J@hranimo

Banned
I died a bunch of times on my first runthrough. I was getting particularly frustrated at the end bit where he launches the giant missile really fast, I kept mistiming my refills and running out of juice.

anyway i drew this

tumblr_nv2z9l2Cku1rnx5rho1_r1_400.jpg

So she should like the water in Arowana Mall then...right? lol

Is the only other Nintendo game you play Animal Crossing or something?

Did you just blow through the DKCR games like they were nothing, including the temple runs?

Did you one shot Champions Road?

Cleared all the chapters on F-Zero GX on your first try?

ChrisD

Do you get a built-in Comeback ability for the last few seconds of a losing Rainmaker match? It really does feel like the losing team gets stronger in overtime, and that's how the final pushes always happen.

Or is it really just a case of people actually pulling together due to the clock forcing it?

Do you get a built-in Comeback ability for the last few seconds of a losing Rainmaker match? It really does feel like the losing team gets stronger in overtime, and that's how the final pushes always happen.

Or is it really just a case of people actually pulling together due to the clock forcing it?

You're not the only one, I usually get those last few points I need to get my special while we are all alive and losing. Not even shooting anything, just swimming around and getting my kraken all of a sudden.

Robotguy

I believe the losing team in ranked modes gets automatic special charge up. This applies throughout the entire game. I'm not aware of any other buffs that the losing team receives.

ChrisD

You're not the only one, I usually get those last few points I need to get my special while we are all alive and losing. Not even shooting anything, just swimming around and getting my kraken all of a sudden.

I know it gives you Special meter if you're losing; that much happens through the entire game. But I'm talking a strong boost. Like, it seems your ink lasts longer, and recharges faster (as well as the losing Special bonus).

ffdgh

I know it gives you Special meter if you're losing; that much happens through the entire game. But I'm talking a strong boost. Like, it seems your ink lasts longer, and recharges faster (as well as the losing Special bonus).

Japanese players get a lag intangibility...half sarcastic lol.

Overtime on urchin underpass
we're winning
They get the rainmaker
Make it from across the map without dying
Avoid 3 direct dynamo flick when he's infront of me, swimming by to get one point lead.

Overtime can be so so cruel...

So this happened.

We lost in like 30 seconds in Rainmaker.

Looking at the map though there was no enemy ink anywhere close to the stand. It was all our ink.

The other team also only got 500 for winning in A-ranked.

Any idea what happened?

ChrisD

So this happened.

We lost in like 30 seconds in Rainmaker.

Looking at the map though there was no enemy ink anywhere close to the stand. It was all our ink.

The other team also only got 500 for winning in A-ranked.

Any idea what happened?

I have not a single clue as to what that may have been. Sounds like all sorts of screw-ups.

Avoid 3 direct dynamo flick when he's infront of me, swimming by to get one point lead.
I've faced fucking Americans where even without Ninja Squid you can't see their fucking ink trails they lag so damn much. Like they dip into the ink and then when they do that they magically teleport a long ways away it's bullshit.

ChrisD

I've faced fucking Americans where even without Ninja Squid you can't see their fucking ink trails they lag so damn much. Like they dip into the ink and then when they do that they magically teleport a long ways away it's bullshit.

Typically I just have bad luck with Japan, but I read this right after shooting some guy named william five times with Rapid Blaster, and he did pretty much just this. Teleported right out without even swimming. Just... dip in, comes out on the other side of the stage.

On the whole, Americans tend to have the REALLY bad lag, the happenings that just make you scratch your head. But Japan is a constant latency that you can count on. Therefore, theirs ends up looking worse on a graph.

I decided to use the Luna Blaster on camp Triggerfish. During turf wars. What a terrible life choice that was. The range is comically short, I couldn't do much with mines and I couldn't even get the 400p turf inked sympathy. It is a textbook example of what the dev means about rotations might make players try out different sets to be suited to certain maps.

Also I got to waste money:
Spyke is going to find all three of my next orders just to troll me

Check the OP and second post. There is a link there to the GAF splatoon discord server which is where most of the GAF splatoon talk/ match arrangement happens. There is also a spreadsheet that has a list of GAF splatoon players and their NNIDs, so if you see someone active in the thread/discord you can add them off of there.

Thanks!

Luigi87

that's because Flounder is still pulling a Flounder

At least it's not in the next two rotations!

Edit: Holy crap, two matches in a row where my team (+ me, not gonna say I didn't fail as well) get steamrolled on Flounder. Literally the enemy just gets the tower and pushes us until they win.

Top Bottom