• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Doorman

Tri-Slosher looks like my kind of weapon, which probably means I'll wind up being terrible with it, as seems to happen with a lot of the weapons I actually want to use. Meanwhile I'll find some other weapon I wrote off long ago on a whim that I'm suddenly halfway competent with to balance out. That's how it seems to work, anyway.

Vecks

Tri-slosher sounds like fun but I've got stuff to do tonight. (-_- )
I'll have to give it a try later. Might just watch the splatoon koshien instead.

Did I see that part of the bracket correctly, 30 teams in total? That seems kinda low, maybe there was a whole section I missed...

edit: yeah ok, there's more lol, I saw 40 on there

edit: 40 is still kinda low though?

I can't play this game anymore. Disconnections have caused me to lose 2 ranks. It doesn't matter how well I play when 80% of the time I'm disconnected so I lose the match. I'll be back when they fix this issue.

Have been getting disconnected in several games today. Happened earlier this afternoon, played Destiny for a bit, then came back. Got disconnected, played a game all the way through, then got disconnected in the last half minute of the next game.

Now my Wii U is saying that it can't connect to my wifi even though it can find the SSID.

I'll call it a night and see if the problem persists tomorrow I guess. Fucking strange.

Uh... Hmm... I don't think I like the Tri Slosher very much :X it doesn't seem to have any good mid range to long range options, similar to how the Inkbrush Noveau works out. My build for tonight focused a lot on getting Bubbler charged.

Uh... Hmm... I don't think I like the Tri Slosher very much :X it doesn't seem to have any good mid range to long range options, similar to how the Inkbrush Noveau works out. My build for tonight focused a lot on getting Bubbler charged.

I saw that. How's the walking speed while... tossing out ink? I can't really say firing, sooooooo... Ha.

phanphare

Banned
man, I love mind games on walleye with the heavy splatling

had a splat where I was in the middle behind that center cover, someone was on top of the crate near their side, I sent out an inkstrike over the crate, then I jump out from behind cover and throw out a splash wall, dude comes out then just "nopes" real quick and suicides back into the inkstrike.

ChrisD

Tri-Slosher has some crazy disruption. The wide-spread of ink alongside Disruptors and Bubbler allows you to catch people out really easily.

KfV8aBr.jpg

This is all I've been getting since yesterday afternoon. I'll hop into a lobby, other users will pop up, if I'm lucky I'll connect and have a match for about a minute before it says "connection unstable" and I get booted out. I've been able to play 2 games all the way through between yesterday and today. Tried using Netflix on the Wii U, and it streamed perfectly for an episode and a half before I chose to exit out of it.

Already tried expanding my ports and putting the Wii U into DMZ mode as well as restarting the router. It's really frustrating to not be able to find a concrete solution regarding this. Every thread I've found of people posting of their issue have a billion possible solutions offered up and half the time end in "well, either [x] solution worked or it just kinda fixed itself on its own."

I'd played this game without any connection issues for the last week and a half and now all I get is this (despite not changing anything on my internet settings beforehand). Super annoying.

DaBoss

KfV8aBr.jpg

This is all I've been getting since yesterday afternoon. I'll hop into a lobby, other users will pop up, if I'm lucky I'll connect and have a match for about a minute before it says "connection unstable" and I get booted out. I've been able to play 2 games all the way through between yesterday and today. Tried using Netflix on the Wii U, and it streamed perfectly for an episode and a half before I chose to exit out of it.

Already tried expanding my ports and putting the Wii U into DMZ mode as well as restarting the router. It's really frustrating to not be able to find a concrete solution regarding this. Every thread I've found of people posting of their issue have a billion possible solutions offered up and half the time end in "well, either [x] solution worked or it just kinda fixed itself on its own."

I'd played this game without any connection issues for the last week and a half and now all I get is this (despite not changing anything on my internet settings beforehand). Super annoying.
Searching around online for that code makes it seem like there is something up with Wi-Fi. Try changing some of the Wi-Fi settings like the channel. If none of that fixes it, back up your router's settings and then reset the settings to default.

nom

If anyone is interested a few of us are competing in another tournament in a couple of hours, me and Sendou should hopefully be streaming it if you want to watch

or if you want to watch the other teams you can find a list of streamers here!

I saw that. How's the walking speed while... tossing out ink? I can't really say firing, sooooooo... Ha.
The walking speed isn't too bad, or at least I felt like I could still maneuver fairly well. It's probably a weapon which I need to catch people from the side with, and for whatever reason I kept trying to hit enemies that were right out of my range, so maybe muscle memory from the Slosher was kicking in.

Luigi87

Point gain/loss inconsistency is really my biggest issue with this game that I love otherwise.

Mainly
4A- vs. 2A+, 1A, 1A- win nets me +12
1A, 3A- vs 4A- loss gets me -12

And of course at 96pts, if I get the A+ on my team I'll lose 14pts. Why should individual players be punished for a higher rank being on their team unable to carry?

My team was done 100 to 34 in Splat Zones on Triggerfish. I had died four times and everybody was a mess in positioning. I actually cleared the enemy side alone and held it for close to 30 seconds but my team who were on the other side kept getting killed.

Instead I went back to my side, kept it and just charged up the inkzooka and made a comeback myself. I was 12-4 and didn't die once after I started the comeback.

It felt great pulling that off by myself.

Doorman

By the way, GGs to the folks in the private room from Azure's stream earlier tonight, even if the 3v4s made things a little lopsided
and I was a super-detriment
. Shame it had to end the way it did but it was a good time overall and I feel like I learned a couple of things already.

Nico_D

and I was a super-detriment.

Pointless thinking about that, we all do that sometimes and the most important thing is just to play and have fun. That's what games are for.

That's not to say I don't kick myself when I'm playing bad or just plain suck but I believe - I like to think - that most people here don't give a shit about that. Just as I don't mind either if someone don't reach the same K/O's as others. Who really cares. If you won, you won together as a team. If you lost, on to the next game.

Top Bottom