• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Jintor

hiirigana and katakana are both kana. basically kana is japanese characters that aren't kanji or emojii (the true written language of 2015)

ffdgh

Tri-slosher hype! Not good with jp timezones but this is later tonight right?
https://mobile.twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/647327986773962752/photo/1
CPvFUxdUcAAPRvV.jpg

ChrisD

You would have to teach yourself both hiragana and katakana though, unless "hiragana" is used as a group name and nobody told me. I always thought the group name was "kana."

/pedantic

I knew how to read and write both kana, and had learned a couple dozen Kanji as well. But that was five years ago, just before I dropped it out of self-confidence issues. Didn't want to be seen as some weeaboo wanna-be-Japanese nerd. (Because, you know, learning a new language obviously implied that.)

But yeah, you're right. I just preferred Hiragana's flowing nature, so it would be the first of the two to re-learn.
And I did forget the group name for both of the syllabaries.

Anyways

TRI-SLOSHER COME TO MEEEE

Same time as always, right? That'll be 9PM for me. Plenty of time to play around with it!

Zero²;179870993 said:
God, college has been sucking all my time, cant barely play a few matches when I get home later in the day :(
So any news about new maps after the bridge one?
There is data for more maps (well little more than names) but it is likely they will patched in around release time to prevent leaks. I'd also expects maps on a much slower schedule.

Tri-slosher hype! Not good with jp timezones but this is later tonight right?
https://mobile.twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/647327986773962752/photo/1
CPvFUxdUcAAPRvV.jpg
US, yes. Japan and Europe, tomorrow (something like 4 am for Europe).

You know what, NOE tweet people:
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/647337903383801856

Jintor

明日9月26日午前11時、新しいブキ「ヒッセン」が追加される。
射出口が3つに分かれており、一度に3方向にインクを放つスロッシャーだ。
小学校でお世話になったような形をしている。
サブは「ポイズンボール」、スペシャルは「バリア」だ。

Tommorrow at 11am JPN, the new weapon "Hissen" will be added.

It's got three ports for sloshing, so it's a slosher that fires ink in three directions! (?)

It's shaped like an elementary schooler's bucket.

Sub is Poisonball (Disruptor?), special is shield.

----

I think it just means it has a wider arc than a normal splosher, rather than actually firing in three directions

Zing

Banned
You would have to teach yourself both hiragana and katakana though, unless "hiragana" is used as a group name and nobody told me. I always thought the group name was "kana."
I haven't bothered with katakana yet. It isn't as common and I am entertained enough by having no clue what the hiragana names might mean in English (if anything).

Luigi87

Okay gonna say.. Kelp Dome on Rainmaker has gotta be the dumbest map.
"Oh I walked a few steps and now I'm at 55 distance." Seriously.

Anywho, new bucket looks nice for Tower Control and RM push.

Geg

So what exactly is the tri-slosher going to have to make up for the wider ink spread? Shorter range? Longer interval between attacks?

Crayolan

I haven't bothered with katakana yet. It isn't as common and I am entertained enough by having no clue what the hiragana names might mean in English (if anything).

It may not be as common but once you know it you can understand almost everything written in it, since it's typically only used for made-up names and foreign words.

>Not Octobrush Noveau
>Bucket
>Comes with Disruptor and Bubbler

EryuzNu.png

Sounds like my kind of update. Only way it could be better is if it was a roller with a disruptor.

Geg

Sounds like my kind of update. Only way it could be better is if it was a roller with a disruptor.

Oh my god imagine a carbon roller with a disruptor. I would just give up if I saw one on the other team

Going by the raw numbers from NWPlayer123 - range is 33, damage 80 and mobility 70

compared to 52, 90 and 50 on the standard slosher
So a wider ink spread and higher mobility, but shorter range and lower damage. I don't think that damage decrease is going to be enough to lower the hits it needs to kill though, since the regular slosher already does 80 points of damage

Crayolan

Oh my god imagine a carbon roller with a disruptor. I would just give up if I saw one on the other team

So a wider ink spread and higher mobility, but shorter range and lower damage. I don't think that damage decrease is going to be enough to lower the hits it needs to kill though, since the regular slosher already does 80 points of damage

I feel like Carbon Roller+Disruptor+Echolocator could be the ultimate assassin set. No running or hiding.

Of course you sacrifice mid and long range but anyone dumb enough to enter your space is pretty much guaranteed dead.

Geg

From the tumblr

tumblr_nv8r7rDhNV1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nv8r7rDhNV1u3akyno2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nv8r7rDhNV1u3akyno4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nv8r7rDhNV1u3akyno5_1280.jpg
tumblr_nv8r7rDhNV1u3akyno3_1280.jpg

BUCKETS! BUCKETS! BUCKETS!

A new weapon launches tonight at 7 PM PT! The Tri-Slosher is a Slosher-type weapon with three angles of attack! The individual splashes lose a little bit of power, but the wide spread makes it very handy in a tight spot! The Disruptor sub and Bubbler special make this set perfect for in-your-face splatting.

Zing

Banned
The range may neuter this. The Slosher has range advantage against rollers. This will get splatted by roller before it can get second hit off.

ryechu

The range may neuter this. The Slosher has range advantage against rollers. This will get splatted by roller before it can get second hit off.

this might have an ohko if it converges its splashes. The damage parameter doesnt tell us much.

TM25

Neo Member
I can't link it because mobile but there is a RM glitch for Hammerhead where you fall off the side and land on the suspension beams underneath.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Oh god it's here

The disruptor bucket

Just in time for when I can play again *O*

I feel like Carbon Roller+Disruptor+Echolocator could be the ultimate assassin set. No running or hiding.

Of course you sacrifice mid and long range but anyone dumb enough to enter your space is pretty much guaranteed dead.

I feel like It doesn't need echolocator to be the best, I'd rather have kraken, but this is still a really good set.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Because I haven't updated it in a while...

Here's an updated changelog of every Splatoon update for funsies. All dates and Splatfests are North American.

Patches and new game modes are highlighted, Splatfests are italicized, new stages are bold, new weapons are plaintext:

May 29: Splatoon released (29 weapons plus three Amiibo-unlocked weapons, five maps, Battle Dojo, Octo Valley, Regular Battles, Turf War)
June 1: Added: Ranked Battles, Splat Zones, Port Mackerel, N-ZAP '85
June 2: Patch Version 1.2 (fixed a glitch with Spyke not taking money and stabilized Booyah Base framerate)
June 5: Added: Inkbrush
June 10: Added: Kelp Dome
June 12: Added: Splash-o-matic
June 16: Added: L-3 Nozzlenose, Custom E-Liter 3K
June 19: Added: Bluefin Depot
June 23: Added: Luna Blaster
June 26: Added: Custom Dual Squelcher, Carbon Roller
June 30: Patch Version 1.3 (with balance patch: Kraken, Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump nerfed)
July 1: Added: Tower Control
July 4: First Splatfest (cats vs. dogs)
July 7: Added: Sploosh-o-matic, .96 Gal Deco
July 10: Added: Moray Towers
July 17: Added: N-ZAP '89, Octobrush
July 18: Second Splatfest (rollercoasters vs. waterslides)
July 21: Added: Neo Splash-o-matic, E-Liter 3K Scope
July 24: Added: Camp Triggerfish
July 31: Added: Range Blaster, Inkbrush Nouveau
Aug. 5: Patch Version 2.0 (added: Squad Battles, Private Battles, Slosher, Heavy Splatling, three new background songs during matches, new gear in shops; increased level cap from 20 to 50 and ranked cap from A+ to S+; reworked Urchin Underpass; nerfed Inkzooka and Echolocator and buffed Killer Wail)
Aug. 8: Third Splatfest (marshmallows vs. hot dogs)
Aug. 14: Added: Rainmaker
Aug. 20: Added: Flounder Heights
Aug. 28: Added: Bamboozler 14 Mk I, L-3 Nozzlenose D
Aug. 29: Fourth Splatfest (Autobots vs. Decepticons)
Sept. 1: Patch Version 2.1 (fixed bugs; changed camera angle for rollers when splashing back to Version 1.3; changing scoring of close Tower Control games back to Version 1.3; slightly changed Arowana Mall and Camp Triggerfish)
Sept. 4: Added: Mini Splatling
Sept. 11: Added: H-3 Nozzlenose
Sept. 17: Added: Hammerhead Bridge
Sept. 19: Fifth Splatfest (Art vs. Science)
Sept. 25: Added: Tri-Slosher

ChrisD

Jeez, three games played today, three lost. But I can legitimately say it's not even me right now. I'm not even on tilt, my partners are just playing like B's. 2/10 Luna Blaster? 1/8 Tentatek? Come on. :

Geg

Jeez, three games played today, three lost. But I can legitimately say it's not even me right now. I'm not even on tilt, my partners are just playing like B's. 2/10 Luna Blaster? 1/8 Tentatek? Come on. :

Hey now, I went 1/7 in a squad match yesterday. It happens to all of us sometimes ;_;

ChrisD

Hey now, I went 1/7 in a squad match yesterday. It happens to all of us sometimes ;_;

I know bad games happen, but the Tentatek was S+! D:

Landed in a good lobby just now where we still lost, but it wasn't a head-scratching "what are you doing" case. Rematching with them, luckily they stayed.

jariw

Here's an updated changelog of every Splatoon update for funsies. All dates and Splatfests are North American.

Patches and new game modes are highlighted, Splatfests are italicized, new stages are bold, new weapons are plaintext:

Thanks, much appreciated! So we should expect the next map around October 15?

ffdgh

I know bad games happen, but the Tentatek was S+! D:

Landed in a good lobby just now where we still lost, but it wasn't a head-scratching "what are you doing" case. Rematching with them, luckily they stayed.

It's hard hitting someone who's laggy and has "auto aim". /salt

Top Bottom