• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ffdgh

I just spent ten Snails and one million+ cash re-rolling my Pilot Goggles and landed right back where I was. It's just a game, but I'm freaking peeved. I almost had two million, now I'm at 770k.

Edit: Disconnect just took 10 points from me. My two wins before then gave me 2. Why does this game hate me tonight.

So the low chance RNG system is working as intended. /s
That sucks. =

Nico_D

Edit: Disconnect just took 10 points from me. My two wins before then gave me 2. Why does this game hate me tonight.

Random observation:

Yesterday I turned on upnp on my router to make my network accessible from the outside. Anyway, today Splatoon gave me two disconnects.

Researching the matter I found out that upnp has been causing generally same kind of problems.

I don't know if this helps but after I turned it off again, no further disconnects.

Edit: read more about it and it seems many have had disconnects stop after disabling upnp.

69wpm

My God what a load of shite. I pick the Range Blaster, I get mixed up against short range weapons. I pick the Blaster, I get my ass kicked by snipers. What the heck is up with the stupid matchmaking.

nom

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/648693356361461761

Anyone know what this is about? Google translate gives

"What's so Splatoon of LINE stamp has been delivered. It seems available for free when you register to friends Nintendo official account. Friends even LINE "nice!" And Let's send the "COME ON!"."

sounds a bit like that Monster Hunter 3DS promotion where you could give a friend a download code but I very much doubt that.

69wpm

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/648693356361461761

Anyone know what this is about? Google translate gives

"What's so Splatoon of LINE stamp has been delivered. It seems available for free when you register to friends Nintendo official account. Friends even LINE "nice!" And Let's send the "COME ON!"."

sounds a bit like that Monster Hunter 3DS promotion where you could give a friend a download code but I very much doubt that.

PDHyIL8.jpg

69wpm

Japanese players seem to be people listening to I don't care from Fall Out Boy. Otherwise I can't imagine how nobody gives a shit about anything. All morning people have been doing nothing but running around like crazy chickens. My team only obviosuly.

You put up beakons all over the map, nobody cares.
You give them the come here signal, nobody cares.
You help them with splash walls, nobody cares.
You protect their asses although you should let them die, nobody cares.
The enemy runs away with the Rain Maker, nobody fucking cares.

For those people I have a new tactic. I follow them around and spam Nice! Or I Jump back to base and spam Nice! Nobody cares anyway.

LOL, fucking hell. Lost a 3v4. I can't deal with this shit anymore. I was facing 3 enemies, our sniper was doing nothing, the other 2 were inking the enemy base. Congrats people, you da real deal.

DaBoss

I'm too flustered to do any math on it, just because I don't want to see how relatively high the chances should be.

Then again, I'm the same person who took five hours to find a Pokemon with the ability I wanted, and that was something like a 20/80 split. I've always had screwed luck.
RNGesus, please bless him.

Ulysses 31

People complaining About gear rerolls, use the "infinite" remodel "trick".

Back up your save file and restore it if Spyke doesn't deliver

Geg

I'm too flustered to do any math on it, just because I don't want to see how relatively high the chances should be.

Then again, I'm the same person who took five hours to find a Pokemon with the ability I wanted, and that was something like a 20/80 split. I've always had screwed luck.

Reminder that I got this without even trying or particularly wanting it

DekdRmw.jpg

Well then.

My first ever triple is on a shirt I can't keep for an ability I get very little use out of.

Apologies if old news but another week, another rainmaker glitch/feature. This time Hammerhead bridge where you can go OOB to the scaffolding but only on one side of the map. Wonder if there are any positions where you can make it impossible to break the shield (shield large enough to push you off but positioned so it can't be shot from afar).

I don't think it is as bad the Kelp Dome raised platform camping and if people actually used beacons in turf wars in might be amusing to place some down there to troll (be a true detriment to your squad).

Zing

Banned
Random observation:

Yesterday I turned on upnp on my router to make my network accessible from the outside. Anyway, today Splatoon gave me two disconnects.

Researching the matter I found out that upnp has been causing generally same kind of problems.

I don't know if this helps but after I turned it off again, no further disconnects.

Edit: read more about it and it seems many have had disconnects stop after disabling upnp.
UPNP should have no effect on Splatoon. If it does, it would be a bug in the router firmware.

I'd say this is about as legit as wearing a lucky hat to the poker table.

ChrisD

People complaining About gear rerolls, use the "infinite" remodel "trick".

Back up your save file and restore it if Spyke doesn't deliver

I know that such a thing is easily done, but you're still messing with save files. One error, and all the time played goes kaput. Think I'll stick with my money gone rather than all my data.

Even if it's tried and true, it's better safe than sorry on those things. Thanks for the heads-up, though.

These are cool. I don't use LINE, but more branching out by Nintendo is more attention for the brand. The free but limited distribution will also get another group of people to download them.

I shall search for his blessing in two weeks after the next Splatfest; may the re-rolled shoes be grand.

Reminder that I got this without even trying or particularly wanting it

Okay maybe I complain too much, having the rug pulled out from under you is a new level of re-roll troll.

And didn't BlueSilver get the exact same thing? I may be thinking of seeing your picture and am just mixing things up.

R.I.P. rare Splatfest shirts.

My Splattershot Jr. has dethroned Inkbrush on the turf inked leaderboard. Not sure if anything will ever fully max out due to my hopping around from weapon to weapon, but the Brush had reigned supreme ever since two weeks after its release.

And because this post isn't long or scatter-brained enough already, what are the numbers displayed on the Splatoon website when you click between Ranked and Turf Wars? Is it games played within a time period? Only the wins? It's definitely a leaderboard of some kind.

CO_Andy

I know that such a thing is easily done, but you're still messing with save files. One error, and all the time played goes kaput. Think I'll stick with my money gone rather than all my data.
Save data is prioritized to be read from the USB drive first when you play. So it's not like you have to worry about the save data on your system becoming corrupt if something happens to the save data on your USB drive.

And because this post isn't long or scatter-brained enough already, what are the numbers displayed on the Splatoon website when you click between Ranked and Turf Wars? Is it games played within a time period? Only the wins? It's definitely a leaderboard of some kind.
It says right above it.
wins * win% *10

win% is expressed in decimal form so 100% wins is 1.

So it is slightly obscured but might be possible to deduce further on some values. My 218 points in turf wars for example...I'll try later...

Geg

I think total matches played is party of the equation too, which is why I've seen some people on my friends list with 0 points before. But I can't access that site at work to double check

Okay maybe I complain too much, having the rug pulled out from under you is a new level of re-roll troll.
lol I didn't even reroll for that, that's just how it naturally leveled up

I'm still wondering what's Nintendo doing cause they postponed this week's splatfest.

I think total matches played is party of the equation too, which is why I've seen some people on my friends list with 0 points before. But I can't access that site at work to double check

lol I didn't even reroll for that, that's just how it naturally leveled up

Well, it's wins * winning rate * 10. So it's equal to total matches * winning rate^2 * 10. Played only one losing match gives you a zero.

Ulysses 31

Even if it's tried and true, it's better safe than sorry on those things. Thanks for the heads-up, though.

Messing with save files? I'm playing games digital from a SSD and all I do is copy it to Wii U's internal memory.

When Spyke lets me down I just copy from Wii U memory to the SDD.

It should be even faster for those playing from disc since they don't have the whole game to copy over each time.

ChrisD

Save data is prioritized to be read from the USB drive first when you play. So it's not like you have to worry about the save data on your system becoming corrupt if something happens to the save data on your USB drive.

Messing with save files? I'm playing games digital from a SSD and all I do is copy it to Wii U's internal memory.

When Spyke lets me down I just copy from Wii U memory to the SDD.

It should be even faster for those playing from disc since they don't have the whole game to copy over each time.

I thought it required something else, when I think back-up, I think back to GameCube memory card shenanigans.

Hrmmm... As "morally" off it may be, I may give it a try later on. That friggin' Spyke deserves it. >:

It says right above it.
wins * win% *10

win% is expressed in decimal form so 100% wins is 1.

Says it right above. In Japanese. :p
Thanks. Like Geg said, I've also seen some people with really weird scores, so some other criteria seems to be at play. But that clears up most confusion.

I am honestly surprised this thread is still alive i did not expect splatoon to have this strong of a player base.

Splatoon is fully alive. The game is a massive success relative to... Pretty much everything on Wii U. It's a new IP on hardware that didnt sell well, and is still pulling excellent sales numbers. The characters are also widespread, thanks to fan art and other contributions of the like.

It's surprising, but in the best way possible.

doop_

Banned
Splatoon is fully alive. The game is a massive success relative to... Pretty much everything on Wii U. It's a new IP on hardware that didnt sell well, and is still pulling excellent sales numbers. The characters are also widespread, thanks to fan art and other contributions of the like.

It's surprising, but in the best way possible.
I definitely agree with you, the game is just so fun, it is my GOTY

ffdgh

I thought it required something else, when I think back-up, I think back to GameCube memory card shenanigans.

Hrmmm... As "morally" off it may be, I may give it a try later on. That friggin' Spyke deserves it. >:

Join the dark light side. Your sanity
and your money/snails
will thank you for it lol.

Returned to Splatoon for the first time since super mario maker came out and i got on a 7 game win streak and finally hit S rank!!!!! Guess all i needed was a break from the game :)

WVW69icADi8f7FSuHz

ffdgh

Returned to Splatoon for the first time since super mario maker came out and i got on a 7 game win streak and finally hit S rank!!!!! Guess all i needed was a break from the game :)

WVW69icADi8f7FSuHz
Congratz! Welcome to Japanese eliter hell!
http://squidboards.com/threads/just-met-a-hacker-online-who-used-octoling-and-hydra-splatling.8588/

Everyone might want to be careful if they encounter someone using unreleased stuff, sounds like you will have to stay in the lobby till they leave otherwise they get in your plaza and lock your game.

Great...better keep a spare save just in case.

Geg

Someone should test if disconnecting in the middle of a match with them such as by turning off your Wii U would keep them from showing up in your lobby.

I've barely played Splatoon since getting to NY aside from a few hours of Splatfest, are online hacks a thing now or has it been pretty isolated so far?

Nico_D

UPNP should have no effect on Splatoon. If it does, it would be a bug in the router firmware.

I'd say this is about as legit as wearing a lucky hat to the poker table.

It still happens to some people whether or not it is a bug in the firmware in one or some particular router model(s). Which makes it quite a bit more probable than a rabbit's foot. Something no matter how improbable does not make anything impossible.

Andamo

Neo Member
Is it possible to get an item with identical sub skills when requesting through Spyke?

I keep running into people in the plaza who have equipment with three of the same sub skills and every time I request them, the one he offers me has at best only one or two of that skill listed with the others still locked.

Is it possible to get an item with identical sub skills when requesting through Spyke?

I keep running into people in the plaza who have equipment with three of the same sub skills and every time I request them, the one he offers me has at best only one or two of that skill listed with the others still locked.

It's possible, but at a VERY, VERY low chance of it happening, lower than getting 3 subs on gear that has bad affinity for it, like 3 run speeds on Krakon shoes.

Yeah it's possible but unlikely.

I was getting some really, really crap matches tonight.

Had four losses in a row, where there was one person on my team who managed no more than 150p for the entire match. How...how does one do that? I have 150p in like ten seconds.

Then I ended up in a match where there were three level 50s, a level 49, me (31), a 4, 3 and 1. Guess how they divided that team up? Yup. The level 50s and 49 on one team. Me on the other with the n00bs. It...didn't end well.

Last match was kinda funny. Everyone on both teams had an Aerospray.

ChrisD

Yes but you have to get lucky. I've gotten two at most - once. Some, and I'm not saying names, get them frequently.

I thought it was fine to talk about RNGesus' head priest, DaBoss.

And the one who despises his perfect rolling and obtaining ways, PreyingShark.

Heya Incite! It was good playing with you again! Sorry to cut short, but it was getting late here anyway (and I was also tired of playing against the lag lords in that room).

Top Bottom