• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ryechu

1421867186508.jpg

If you were wondering what the tri-slosher is based on. The tri-slosher is called the ヒッセン in japanese which is 筆洗 written in katakana. 筆洗 means ink brush washer which is what the picture above is. It's a pail meant to store water and ink or paint for calligraphy or painting, which makes sense since the tri-slosher shares the inkbrush's and octobrush's brand.

Doorman

Huh, so it's more like an piece of art gear rather than just a children's sand-castle builder. The more you know!

It'd still make some cool sand castle turrets though

J@hranimo

Banned
The tri-slosher is so much fun

Disruptor + bubbler lol

It really is! Now imagine the Zink Mini Splatling with this sub and special. My god lol.

1421867186508.jpg

If you were wondering what the tri-slosher is based on. The tri-slosher is called the ヒッセン in japanese which is 筆洗 written in katakana. 筆洗 means ink brush washer which is what the picture above is. It's a pail meant to store water and ink or paint for calligraphy or painting, which makes sense since the tri-slosher shares the inkbrush's and octobrush's brand.

Oh that's pretty cool. I thought it was just a kids bucket with its "cheaper" look.

ChrisD

That's cool. I thought it looked some kind of planter pail haha.

E: Is there ever a reason to go down the middle in Port Mackerel Rainmaker? I try at least once every game, and then realize I'm probably being an idiot. It's in between two flank zones, and is a straight danger path in itself. So it's basically trying to watch three lanes. You also have to move left or right when you get to the end of the hall. The sides leaves you with two lanes to pay attention to, and you don't have to swerve when you reach the end of the lane. But it does seem the middle path gains you more distance. Is that the case?

ChrisD

BEST GAME
BEST POSSIBLE GAME
BEST WAY TO LOSE

Turf War: Game starts, and the one Japanese guy in the game is on our team. And he's just squid-kidding. He starts following different people, SK'ing the whole time. Then he stopped following us, and began doing it in front of an enemy. The enemy joined in. Then I saw what was happening, and joined in myself. THEN another two enemies walked in and started dancing with us as well. There were six of us in the end, squid-kidding, hopping up and down, high-fiving, and shooting ink off the cliff.

I wish Replays were a thing so I could film that back. I'm still laughing over here.

Thank you, single Japanese player, for starting that beautiful little moment.

Geg

After a few solo ranked battles and what seemed like an hour and a half of squad battles I'm exactly back to where I started before lol

I guess I'll try for S some other day

GuySloth

Neo Member
Hello e-friends of SplatGAF, I just added myself to the NNID Exchange Google Spreadsheet. My friend's list is currently full but that shouldn't deter you from sending me a friend request anyway! Cheers.

Vecks

I just got the game today. I'm going to need some tips lol

What is squid-kidding?

It's basically tea-bagging by spamming the squid transformation trigger. Hence, going from squid to kid.

Hello e-friends of SplatGAF, I just added myself to the NNID Exchange Google Spreadsheet. My friend's list is currently full but that shouldn't deter you from sending me a friend request anyway! Cheers.

Whoa. You actually got your account approved? Welcome officially. Unless you're a GuySloth impersonator.

J@hranimo

Banned

Yo! You finally got approved! It's weird saying welcome since you've been with most of SplatGAF since the beginning but...welcome! lol

Congrats, gaffer. Nintendo really needs to increase the friend list cap too.

WALKMAN04

Honestly your post should have just been "." Would have been way better lol, not like we don't know all know you already.

Geg

Who's this squiffer using loser (Kappa)

Welcome, Guysloth. How long has it been that you've been playing with us, at least like mid-June?

GuySloth

Neo Member
Thanks everybody! It feels good to be finally able to post although most of what I wanted to say has been since OT1, lol. It's been since at least June, Geg, but probably longer!

SM239

Just got a new record of 4 kills in one match with a sprinkler. It was just sitting under the enemy spawn when I was messing around with the inkbrush in turf. I guess they kept jumping into it lol

StAidan

Wow, welcome to GAF proper, finally. A little late since almost all our communication is over Discord now anyway ;)

Pikma

Banned
Just got a new record of 4 kills in one match with a sprinkler. It was just sitting under the enemy spawn when I was messing around with the inkbrush in turf. I guess they kept jumping into it lol
If I had been on that team I would have died to them the 4 times myself. I swear I'm a fucking sprinkler-magnet.

Crayolan

Disappointed your first post wasn't just "sup" or "hi".

Anyway, about time.

69wpm

What a lovely day. Lost 2 matches by 1 point because nobody would jump on the tower.

Also: Splatoon fucked up matchmaking still going strong. Had to fight against 3 .96 and a Blaster on walleye. Fun, much fun.

When you pass by a beakon, you obviously don't destroy it because yolo.

BEST GAME
BEST POSSIBLE GAME
BEST WAY TO LOSE

Turf War: Game starts, and the one Japanese guy in the game is on our team. And he's just squid-kidding. He starts following different people, SK'ing the whole time. Then he stopped following us, and began doing it in front of an enemy. The enemy joined in. Then I saw what was happening, and joined in myself. THEN another two enemies walked in and started dancing with us as well. There were six of us in the end, squid-kidding, hopping up and down, high-fiving, and shooting ink off the cliff.

I wish Replays were a thing so I could film that back. I'm still laughing over here.

Thank you, single Japanese player, for starting that beautiful little moment.
Were they using Gold Aerosprays by any chance? I remember having a few of them in a match a while back and just ignored them then was confused at their enormously low scores.

ChrisD

To tell you the truth, I never even noticed their weapon. I don't remember anyone's weapon from that round. The six of us never had them out past the opening minute, and the two who were still playing the game stayed away from us until thirty seconds left when all war broke loose as they both swooped in and killed us all.

Zero²

Wow, we are truly in a new era.
Shame I dont have time to play anymore :(

Doorman

Kudos to them, I wasn't sure we'd ever see something like this make its way into Splatoon so it's a fresh step to see.

With the barrier broken, I wonder how long it might be before Squid Squad or The Squid Box get picked up.
Or NSTC :p

edit: In other news, ayyyy ranking up to B+. Plodding my way up through midrank hell one step at a time. I've also learned that Hammerhead Rainmaker really irritates me for some reason.

ChrisD

I just spent ten Snails and one million+ cash re-rolling my Pilot Goggles and landed right back where I was. It's just a game, but I'm freaking peeved. I almost had two million, now I'm at 770k.

Edit: Disconnect just took 10 points from me. My two wins before then gave me 2. Why does this game hate me tonight.

I just spent ten Snails and one million+ cash re-rolling my Pilot Goggles and landed right back where I was. It's just a game, but I'm freaking peeved. I almost had two million, now I'm at 770k.

Edit: Disconnect just took 10 points from me. My two wins before then gave me 2. Why does this game hate me tonight.
What are you looking to get from the goggles?

ChrisD

What are you looking to get from the goggles?

Triple Special Duration Up. I've had two for months (with the third sub being Special Charge Up), but I thought that surely thirty rolls would get me what I wanted. By that point I was still rolling junk, and was just looking to get my two back.

I also wanted to get my shoes a triple (Special Charge up), but after that experience? I'll never trust that shady drug dealer Spyke again.

Doorman

I only have two pieces of triple gear currently, both shirts, one occurred naturally through leveling and the other was rerolls, though I think it only took about 10 or so to reach. More often than not I've just been settling for two of what I'm looking for so long as the third sub is something that I can consider decently useful.

RNG is a cruel mistress sometimes.

Triple Special Duration Up. I've had two for months (with the third sub being Special Charge Up), but I thought that surely thirty rolls would get me what I wanted. By that point I was still rolling junk, and was just looking to get my two back.

I also wanted to get my shoes a triple (Special Charge up), but after that experience? I'll never trust that shady drug dealer Spyke again.
Ugh, the feeling when you can't get the bias is just the worst.

ChrisD

Ugh, the feeling when you can't get the bias is just the worst.

I'm too flustered to do any math on it, just because I don't want to see how relatively high the chances should be.

Then again, I'm the same person who took five hours to find a Pokemon with the ability I wanted, and that was something like a 20/80 split. I've always had screwed luck.

Top Bottom