• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

StAidan

Whew, made it into work finally, which is now a 45-minute drive instead of 5-minute since I'm staying with my in-laws until the house is fixed.

Yikes! Nothing got ruined in the flood, did it? Hoping you only "lost" your basement floor and nothing else.

Sorry to hear it.

Yeah, I got kind of lucky in that respect, the water wasn't deep enough to reach the electronics (Wii U, TV, computers, extensive NES collection, etc.). I haven't done an inventory yet but first impressions were that our greatest losses were just some books on the bottom of our bookshelves.

The leak started on the ground floor though, and decimated the only bathroom in the house (which is why we had to move out). So a whole bunch of the basement ceiling and walls were ruined. I'm sure it will be a few weeks before everything is as it was, but I'm hoping we can move back in once the bathroom is repaired at least.

EDIT: That new Carbon Roller should be cool, sorry I'll miss out on the seeker room lol.

And I use +3 sensitivity.

noshten

what sensitivity do you guys play on? im trying to find a good balance.

max,
Although for certain weapons I think cranking it down might be a better option
But for chargers I find max sensitivity to be pretty awesome - especially when you are in the zone.

Carbon Seeker Rush sound pretty awesome

Splatoon Amiibo Aquired! At Retail!

I really wish this wasnt required, but meh, the challenge levels seem to be a lot of fun.

Honestly I only bought one to do the Final Boss with a charger

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27276895

As a .52 main I can only say:

67b.jpg

I'll never be that good. :\

Geg

Looks like he was using sticks too! Very good maneuvering, didn't seem to let enemy walls stop him for very long.

Also what's with the robotic girl voice?

Yeah, the description says gyro is off at -1.5 sensitivity

And I recognize that robot voice, this is the same person who made that 2000+ points on Kelp Dome with the Inkbrush video way back in June

Geg

Next NA splatfest: Cars vs. Planes

tumblr_nvkcszMGAU1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

The next Splatfest is almost upon us! This time we ask: how would you rather travel, by car or by plane?

On one hand, you can stop whenever you want in a car but you also spend more time getting to your destination. Air travel can be a bit more stressful but you get free snacks!

We’ll settle this once and for all when the next Splatfest starts on Friday, 10/9, at 9 PM.

Weird. I guess all three splatfests will be on the same day now?

Also regarding that NicoNico video, either that guy is really good, or it's really hard to break out when spawn camped on Hammerhead Bridge *_* Seems to be about as bad as spawn camps on Walleye Warehouse, though it looks like the side route up to the enemy spawn is usually unattended and fairly accessible.

Edit: I am choosing planes. Sitting in a cramped space is only trumped (in worseness) by sitting in a cramped space for 10x the amount of time, and I can see better vistas and go to more places by plane.

Secret autobots vs decepticons fest.

The Dynamo roller is pretty good in Rainmaker, can't wait to drop down to A+ for the 4th time soon.

This could've been a cross promo with Disney's franchise.

It's not, thankfully.

I always vote for Marie's team because I'm on #TeamWhateverMariePicks, but I have a feeling that Cars will win.....

XiEG72h.png

mo60

There was a miiverse post awhile ago and in this miiverse post someone wanted the next splatfest to be buildings versus planes for some odd reason and it looks like he/she was half right.Don't know what I will choose for this splatfest.

Cars and Planes? I'd like to think this a subtle jab at Disney (you know the plaza art is going to references those films) regarding that Squid Wars UGC being promoted by the Disney Infinity dev team (said tweet is now deleted oddly enough).

what sensitivity do you guys play on? im trying to find a good balance.
I personally go max and play with gyro. Reasoning behind max is you will adapt and can move and react to things far faster than lower sensitivities. I use the sticks quite a bit for left/right movement. I've had no experience of twin stick shooters though so no idea if that changes things (I have to wonder about that nicovideo user if they're good with twin stick shooters but even if they are if they could control max sensitivity that would make them so much better...which is scary considering how good they are).

And I recognize that robot voice, this is the same person who made that 2000+ points on Kelp Dome with the Inkbrush video way back in June
That robot voice is generic text to speech voice as I've heard it in videos completely unrelated to video games.

I've been sick the past few days so I haven't been keeping up...

Any truth to the hacker destroying save files story going around?
One isolated incident reported on squidboards.

Them appearing in your plaza is the problem (game softlocks, note plaza loads on title screen :( ). Technically a splatfest could fix that as only people who make splatfest posts will appear in your plaza.

I believe you avoid them appearing in your plaza by them leaving a room before you leave. Not sure what happens if you disconnect.

Alternatively if you're using an external drive copy your save to the external drive and restore the save from the system memory should anything happen. If save is on external drive that one is the one the system reads/writes so the system memory acts as the backup. This can also be used to abuse ability re-rolling (do a few re-rolls fail to get what you want, restore backup to try again).

Cars vs planes? Ehhhhhhhh....This is Coasters vs Slides again. I don't like either. I find trains much more enjoyable and reliable.

Guess I'll just go Team Marie again. She'll notice me this time! I'm really surprised it isn't Halloween related.

Christmas VS Hanukkah for December.

One isolated incident reported on squidboards.

Them appearing in your plaza is the problem (game softlocks, note plaza loads on title screen :( ). Technically a splatfest could fix that as only people who make splatfest posts will appear in your plaza.

I believe you avoid them appearing in your plaza by them leaving a room before you leave. Not sure what happens if you disconnect.

Alternatively if you're using an external drive copy your save to the external drive and restore the save from the system memory should anything happen. If save is on external drive that one is the one the system reads/writes so the system memory acts as the backup. This can also be used to abuse ability re-rolling (do a few re-rolls fail to get what you want, restore backup to try again).

When you say leave a room, do you mean exiting out to the plaza before you turn off/exit the game?

Laws00

How much do you think this roller is going to be? And do you think it'll be any good?

To me, the Krak-On Splat Roller is my favorite.

Wish I had bombs instead of squid beakon but yea.

I just roll over people and they die, no effort (lol), no mess (mess), no fuss.

So satisfying. When I switched to a carbon roller, I was a little faster but the damage when i hit guys just wasn't there for me when i needed it.

DaBoss

When you say leave a room, do you mean exiting out to the plaza before you turn off/exit the game?
Yea, that's what he means. Let the Octoling player leave first before you leave the lobby.
How much do you think this roller is going to be? And do you think it'll be any good?

To me, the Krak-On Splat Roller is my favorite.

Wish I had bombs instead of squid beakon but yea.

I just roll over people and they die, no effort (lol), no mess (mess), no fuss.

So satisfying. When I switched to a carbon roller, I was a little faster but the damage when i hit guys just wasn't there for me when i needed it.
Do you mean the weapon's price? It should cost more than 6,600, which is what the price of the normal Carbon Roller is.

I don't know how good it will be, I think the default Carbon Roller will be better, but I think it will be a lot of fun with Seeker Rush and it should be good in Rainmaker at least.

EulaCapra

Once you get pass the mindset that not all rollers OHKO people when you run over them, all Rollers and Brushes become easier to handle.

Carbon Roller has been my favorite even though it took me awhile to wrap my head around how it should be used. Burst Bombs make it easy to paint and climb walls along with safely killing opponents from a distance. And the speed is crazy for painting trails, escapes, and U-Turning to splat opponents from behind. I usually always see Carbon Rollers take the top slot in Kills (and Deaths) no matter the mode.

We'll see how Carbon Deco is. Not getting sharked by ninja sprayers, blasters, and rollers by using Seekers would certainly help, but I'd already miss the Burst Bomb climbing ability. Seeker Rush would probably work well as Rainmaker support with inking trails and confusing opponents.

ChrisD

That guy knockin' on the weapon because he can't "burst-cancel."

smh

I await Seeker spam with my Special Charge/Duration clothes!

Welp sorry Marie but this is the one time I can't pick your team. Scare as heck of flying.

Marie will hold your hand if you're scared.

But Callie will merge at the last second. And she won't signal! Then she'll read her texts! She needs to be stopped before she kills again.

Neoxon

Why did he even have your gamepad at school in the first place, brought the whole system to play Smash with friends?
Pretty much. When he brought the Wii U back, he left the GamePad in the girl's dressing room. He's been unable to retrieve the GamePad for 2 weeks straight. What makes it worse was that he brought it to school behind my back.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Starting to get disc-read error issues with Splatoon. Seems to have gone away for now, but it's worrying me, since I take good care of my discs...

Top Bottom