• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Geg

If they come out in the order that the original weapons were released in, it'll most likely be Luna Neo first, then Carbon Deco, then Neo Sploosh, then Octobrush Nouveau.

So I haven't played the game in several months. I come back and there's a toooooon of new weapons available.

I don't particularly like sorting through weapons... what's generally considered the best "splattershot-type" weapon nowadays? Currently using the N-ZAP '85.

I play mainly Turf Wars, although I like to focus a biiiit more on combat than I think the average turf wars player does.

Thanks!

ChrisD

So I haven't played the game in several months. I come back and there's a toooooon of new weapons available?

I don't particularly like sorting through weapons... what's generally considered the best "splattershot-type" weapon nowadays? Currently using the N-ZAP '85.

I play mainly Turf Wars, although I like to focus a biiiit more on combat than I think the average turf wars player does.

Thanks!

The best Splattershot weapon was in the game from the word go: the Tentatek Splattershot. Arguably one of the best all-around weapons in the game as well. And it fits your "focus on combat" bill quite nicely.

Mostly off-topic, but loosely related. I have played Splatoon every single day from August 4th; haven't missed one day.

Anyways, when I first started playing again it was due to the upcoming "August update" people kept mentioning. The content from that kept me busy for a long time. Then there were Splatfests (which I was never able to take part in until then), new maps, and even more new weapons.

And though the schedule hasn't changed much, the game seems to be... I don't know, slower(?) these past two weeks? Feels like more content was added weekly in August than during the last half of September. Perhaps the influx was due to on-disc content still being locked. Made it easier to release multiple things at once.

Then again, I may just be seeing it that way since it has basically become habit to play. :p

On the hopes of new weapons, I want Octobrush Nouveau, Carbon Deco, and Neo Luna, in that order. Better brush, Seeker Rush, and HYPER MOBILE LUNA BLASTER being the reasoning for the three.

J@hranimo

Banned
If they come out in the order that the original weapons were released in, it'll most likely be Luna Neo first, then Carbon Deco, then Neo Sploosh, then Octobrush Nouveau.

Hmm looking at the release order thus far, it did have a set release schedule but that got broken with the August update.

The last weapon variant we got was the L-3 Nozzlenose D. Since that we've gotten a new weapon every week there wasn't a new map release. So if they continue that trend they'll release either the Hydra Splatling or Rapid Blaster Pro.

I'm still rooting for Carbon Roller Deco :p. The seeker rush seems to attractive for a bomb rush fanatic like me lol.

ss-hikaru

Hmm looking at the release order thus far, it did have a set release schedule but that got broken with the August update.

The last weapon variant we got was the L-3 Nozzlenose D. Since that we've gotten a new weapon every week there wasn't a new map release. So if they continue that trend they'll release either the Hydra Splatling or Rapid Blaster Pro.

I'm still rooting for Carbon Roller Deco :p. The seeker rush seems to attractive for a bomb rush fanatic like me lol.

Hydra Splatling...I want

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/649780118362062848

6th Japan Splatfest, collab fest

Squid sushi vs. Octopus sushi
CQR7kr3VAAEgpju.jpg:large

StAidan

Hopefully the new octobrush doesn't drop this week or next, my basement flooded yesterday and I'm banished from my house (and therefore Splatoon-less) for at least the next week :( Extensive home repairs suck.

Nintendo are slowly trickling out the Splatoon merch! I ordered this one before this one was announced...and then ordered that too :p I'm such a sucker for the orange ink colour

Oh fuck. I didn't know those reflectors existed. Unfortunately I don't think I can justify buying the whole set of six in my current situation (because I absolutely would), but I don't think I can resist buying a single!

DaBoss

I'm sure they'll say in the Splatfest announcement that these are just themed food and not made of Squid or Octopus.
Hopefully the new octobrush doesn't drop this week or next, my basement flooded yesterday and I'm banished from my house (and therefore Splatoon-less) for at least the next week :( Extensive home repairs suck.
Damn, that sucks. :/

Azure J

This almost feels wrong to have a splatfest for given the main characters/antagonists in this game. :lol

Edit:

Holy shit. :((

Regiruler

Suck it up. I'm away from my Wii U for months at a time.
The flooded basement sucks though.

Jintor

次回のフェスの開催が決まった。
お題は「どっちが好き? イカ vs タコ」。
無添くら寿司様のご協力で開催する。
期間は10月10日(土)9:00~10月11(日)9:00。
寿司ネタの定番であり、このゲームを象徴する宿命の対決だ。

The start date of the next Splatfest has been decided.
The topic is "Which do you like? Squid or Octopus"?
This announcement is with the co-operation of [NAME] Sushi. (A restaurant... can't read the name kanji).
The interval is from the 10th of October (Sat) 9am to the 11th of October (Sunday) 9am.
Which is the standard sushi topping... this game will symbolise this showdown of fate!

ChrisD

Yikes! Nothing got ruined in the flood, did it? Hoping you only "lost" your basement floor and nothing else.

Sorry to hear it.

Wow Japan's splatfest is terrifying.

Poor squids.

Both inklings and octolings will be traumatised after this. Imagine finding an inkling that prefers squid sushi.

This announcement is with the co-operation of [NAME] Sushi. (A restaurant... can't read the name kanji).
The interval is from the 10th of October (Sat) 9am to the 11th of October (Sunday) 9am.
Which is the standard sushi topping... this game will symbolise this showdown of fate!

first I thought it was between which animal they like more between Squid or Octopus.
Yet. It seems it's between which sushi topping they prefer between Squid or Octopus

Vecks

I like both, but I guess I'd prefer octopus. I can't imagine the results if they did the same topic for the other regions. lol.

ss-hikaru

Funny, I've never seen octopus on sushi, not even in Japan. Didn't realise it was a standard topping!

I absolutely cannot stand squid on sushi so team octopus it is! Team Marie4lyf. I'm looking forward to the splatfest dialogue XD

Oh fuck. I didn't know those reflectors existed. Unfortunately I don't think I can justify buying the whole set of six in my current situation (because I absolutely would), but I don't think I can resist buying a single!

They only appeared on the amiami store a couple of days ago :) I reckon the SplatoonJP twitter should tweet about merch that's coming out, so many people probably wouldn't realise stuff exists otherwise :(

J@hranimo

Banned

Holy crap I didn't see this earlier! Hope everything gets sorted out man =/

Also the funny thing about this is I know Squid will get the popularity vote, but what if Octopus won? Is Marie a traitor?

Oh god, it's all gone. It's all gone.

I bought a hard drive for my Wii U. I'd been using a USB drive. I started to do the transfer and my cat knocked over my Wii U breaking my USB card into tiny pieces. It's all gone. All my progress. All my weapons. All my money. All my Sea Snails. All my Amiibo progress.

ALL GONE.

: sobs hysterically :

Pikma

Banned

I bought a hard drive for my Wii U. I'd been using a USB drive. I started to do the transfer and my cat knocked over my Wii U breaking my USB card into tiny pieces. It's all gone. All my progress. All my weapons. All my money. All my Sea Snails. All my Amiibo progress.

ALL GONE.

Oh god that's terrible, I'm sorry :(

: sigh :

On the plus side, I'm on an 11 game win streak cause I'm playing against pure shit level players. If ya'll think regular randos are bad, make a new account and start at level 1. You know not what it's like to play with three level 7 or below Splat Charger users. They managed 149p between the three of them.

Went 19-0 on the last match, though. The shittiest part is that I'm an Aerospray user, so I have to redo half of the damn campaign to get it back. I just finished all the Amiibo unlocks too.

Damn it.

Where are you? Why aren't you playing anymore? Or have you gotten so stealthy you are but we just don't see you?

Persona reclaimed my soul!

Also classes. :(

ALL GONE.

I'm so sorry, man. That's horrible. :(

You know what, fuck being rational.

There is no reason that in 2015 your game play data shouldn't be tied to your Nintendo Network ID. The game can freaking remember when I get disconnected and drop me down in ranked, but it can't manage a small cloud based save to at least know your level, money and Snails? Come on. That's some bull shit.

And fuck the match making in this game too. Now, at level 6, I'm being put against teams of Level 40 pluses. Ya, I get it's skill based, but I'm at a huge disadvantage. The gear I was given in the shop was pure and total crap.

Argh.

Sorry, but I freaking miss my football helmet, my leather jacket and all my other amazing gear. I spent like an hour re-rolling shit this week getting things just perfect.

But thanks everyone. :) I'm going to go on a Splatoon hiatus for a day or two before I throw my Wii U out the damn window.

Seeker Rush, finally
Technically you can do it in single player. One of the vs. Octolings levels has a "bomb" rush power up and you can use it with the seeker

God, nooooo. I can already see the Japanese people lagging everything to death.
Am I right in remembering the carbon roller can't actually KO when rolling over people but who uses rollers for that these days? They're the real shotguns of Splatoon.

Crayolan

I like squid and I like octopus, but I don't like sushi, so I don't know how to react to this.

The Carbon Roller Deco is coming tomorrow morning in #Splatoon! Roll on the weekend! #WiiU

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/649841428227600384

The dream is finally here. But I'm not around my Wii U to try it out. :(

Top Bottom