• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Last night I worked to get back to level 7. My boyfriend thought he'd help me move my stuff to the new Hard drive while I was at rehearsal today. He moved the game, but somehow the save data was corrupted and wouldn't load. So I had to start over again.

Good news, I went 11 matches without dying since I'm playing with shit players. Managed a quad splat twice in a row on this last match. Anyone know if you have to be a certain level to take part in Splatfest?

Last night I worked to get back to level 7. My boyfriend thought he'd help me move my stuff to the new Hard drive while I was at rehearsal today. He moved the game, but somehow the save data was corrupted and wouldn't load. So I had to start over again.

Good news, I went 11 matches without dying since I'm playing with shit players. Managed a quad splat twice in a row on this last match. Anyone know if you have to be a certain level to take part in Splatfest?

Splatfest is available to any player, no restrictions at all.

Splatfest is available to any player, no restrictions at all.
Awesome, thanks. It's been so long since I was a low level I couldn't remember.

:)

The only good thing about this is I'm literally melting people. Worst game has been 9-1 so far. Hahah

Was one away from beating my record of 22 in a row. Idiot on my team just sat at the spawn with a Bambloozer.

Geg

Callie and Marie just did their announcement of the Japanese splatfest.
Considering the awkward subject of squid vs octopus sushi ... I can't help but wonder what they said.
Can anyone translate?

Here. a video with the announcement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz9YNMzm3XY

They mostly just discuss the various types of food made out of squid and octopus. Nothing meta about it being similar to inklings and octarians

edit: Huh, in Japanese Seekers are called Chase Bombs. I guess that makes it make a little more sense why there would be a bomb rush version of it

Adam387 you have the worst luck T_T

I know. I'm just rolling with it though. Water off a squids back and all that. I can't be mad about the last loss, though. I was only a level 4.

I'm getting some amazing matches tonight. Just went 14-0. It's not me, though. It's the total crappy players I'm playing against. I'll take it though. :)

Marie will hold your hand if you're scared.

But Callie will merge at the last second. And she won't signal! Then she'll read her texts! She needs to be stopped before she kills again.
Now we see why Callie failed her driving test.

It is seeker hell in Turf Wars right now, it is actually pretty fun.
I had a bit of that in rainmaker earlier. I was the rainmaker and had to dodge the end of a seeker rush. I really should try to jump over seekers more, it's super effective.
I got splatted by a charger right after the seeker rush ended

Seekers are also fun on the large grate part of hammerhead bridge. Chargers are not so scary when they have a seeker heading their way (yes I know what kind of charger goes along that part of hammerhead...).

doop_

Banned
I had a bit of that in rainmaker earlier. I was the rainmaker and had to dodge the end of a seeker rush. I really should try to jump over seekers more, it's super effective.
I got splatted by a charger right after the seeker rush ended

Seekers are also fun on the large grate part of hammerhead bridge. Chargers are not so scary when they have a seeker heading their way (yes I know what kind of charger goes along that part of hammerhead...).

Whenever i hear a seeker coming i freeze up, i know i should jump but i feel like my death is inevitable.

Doorman

Jumping over seekers Donkey Kong-style is all fun and games until you jump, easily clear the seeker as it heads toward, you, and then you explode in midair anyway due to some sort of lag compensation. Seekers in general also seem to have a weird sense for when they will or won't track and turn after someone. At least once last night I thought I was hidden enough for an oncoming seeker to pass right by, only for it to "lane change" and suddenly veer right into my path. Odd stuff.

Carbon rollers in general are still tough for me to wrap my head around. :p

J@hranimo

Banned
Carbon Deco is still a lot of fun. Hit and miss in turf, but I'm working on it. This loadout would be OP on any other roller.

Gonna bring it to squads when my friend finally gets to level 10 and see how well I fare.

With more playing I learned the following. Don't jump over a seeker in squid form, you won't go high enough (at least from stationary). Also, run away from seeker rushes. You can jump over one seeker but then land in the path of two others. More open maps like Kelp dome and port mackrel are where this seems to thrive.

I also noticed that weird lag thing where a seeker zooms past me but I blow up anyway.

Geg

I can't remember the last time I ran into a Bamboolzer in randoms since the Splatfest after it came out. It's only been in squads I play with and against

I've been having a grand ol time with the carbon deco on Walleye Warehouse :) due to the smallness and linearity of the map, I can rush to the enemy side in 2 seekers, which can be interesting. Seeker Rush is also good at locking down chargers from a distance, though honestly Inkzooka is better at doing that. A few times I've been able to ride my seeker and smash someone from the side or behind, but I'm more likely to get stuck in stray enemy fire or get sniped.

The loadout is very vertically challenged though :( I don't think it'll do well on Flounder Heights or Moray Towers.

ChrisD

I never see Bamboozlers. Didn't even see them in their Splatfest. Could probably count on two hands how many I've seen since they released.

Now that we see what a Seeker Rush is like, you guys think it's a good ability? Better than you expected, slightly disappointed, about what you figured? I love it, but it's very map-dependent. More-so than any other weapon in the game, probably. Carbon Roller has such a short-range, and a single Seeker doesn't help you out too much. Some maps are just horrible to try and use the weapon.

If it ever lands on a ranged weapon, I foresee a VERY strong ability in Rainmaker that works on nearly any map.

CO_Andy

I run into Bamboozlers like every 40 matches.

I have yet to see anyone using the Hero roller from my 100+ hr gameplay experience

SM239

I've seen the hero roller like 5 times total excluding GAF members. I guess most people can't beat the final boss with a roller or just stick to the Krak-On.

J@hranimo

Banned
I never see Bamboozlers. Didn't even see them in their Splatfest. Could probably count on two hands how many I've seen since they released.

Now that we see what a Seeker Rush is like, you guys think it's a good ability? Better than you expected, slightly disappointed, about what you figured? I love it, but it's very map-dependent. More-so than any other weapon in the game, probably. Carbon Roller has such a short-range, and a single Seeker doesn't help you out too much. Some maps are just horrible to try and use the weapon.

If it ever lands on a ranged weapon, I foresee a VERY strong ability in Rainmaker that works on nearly any map.

It's actually a bit better than expected! My main concern for the seeker rush was that you couldn't send them out as fast since they don't run out too fast on the ground. Since you can fire them off relatively quickly, it's hyper offensive. It's also an interesting loadout that really couldn't work well on any other roller without being broken haha.

I do agree that this weapon is very map dependent and scaling high areas takes longer due to no burst bombs but I'll definitely be using it a good bit. Also it still retains its uniqueness as a weapon/sub/special loadout because as far as we know, no other weapon upcoming will have this special.

Diffense

Is it just me or are the servers completely dead at this time. Connection errors out the wazoo. Had one ranked battle and was disconnected and one turf war where we were slaughtered since only one of my teammates remained in the game. Since then I haven't even been able to join a match. Getting connection errors before getting into a lobby including 'no internet' which is obviously not true since I'm posting from the Wii U with splatoon suspended. I also got my first ever 'server not accepting more connections'. This is the worst I've ever seen it. Too many people buying splatoon! Stahp!

Every Nintendo was really wonky when going online earlier, but whatever the problem is seems to have cleared up.

Edit: I guess wonky got auto corrected to wimpy earlier :/

Kodaman

Is it just me or are the servers completely dead at this time. Connection errors out the wazoo. Had one ranked battle and was disconnected and one turf war where we were slaughtered since only one of my teammates remained in the game. Since then I haven't even been able to join a match. Getting connection errors before getting into a lobby including 'no internet' which is obviously not true since I'm posting from the Wii U with splatoon suspended. I also got my first ever 'server not accepting more connections'. This is the worst I've ever seen it. Too many people buying splatoon! Stahp!

Definitly not only you... I give up for today :/

I haven't played in 2+ months now since I've been really pissed that I still can't find the amiibo 3 pack and so much content is cock blocked behind it.. have they actually added any free content lately?

I haven't played in 2+ months now since I've been really pissed that I still can't find the amiibo 3 pack and so much content is cock blocked behind it.. have they actually added any free content lately?
2+ months would mean August... Were you around for the 2.0 update? Ranked squad matches and private battles are pretty awesome, and we've been consistently getting new weapon loadouts. Carbon Roller Deco came out last night for instance.

2+ months would mean August... Were you around for the 2.0 update? Ranked squad matches and private battles are pretty awesome, and we've been consistently getting new weapon loadouts. Carbon Roller Deco came out last night for instance.

I probably quit late july, early aug. It was too hard pressinf the joystick in the super attack or whatever with a broken wrist =\

ChrisD

I probably quit late july, early aug. It was too hard pressinf the joystick in the super attack or whatever with a broken wrist =

If you quit before August 4th (think that was 2.0?) you've got a LOT to look forward to. Multiple new weapons, new maps, Rainmaker mode, and a Splatfest this upcoming week.

It would be great if Special could be remapped to a button. Not only for customization, but for the cases like what you were in. Is your wrist doing better now?

69wpm

I came close to S+ today, made it to 83 points. Than I lost 6 points because some S+ bastard in our team went afk and we played a 3v4. Fucking idiot. We were leading the game. This has happened a lot lately because somebody decides to just stop playing.

Thought they're going to synchronize all the splatfests, however there's no EU one's announcement.
Wouldn't surprise me if there is no European splatfest. NOE have dropped the ball in similar ways in the past like Picross DS (they put out one level pack and left it at that and the game in American and Japan had an absolute tonne of level packs) not to mention special Miis in Streetpass Mii plaza (I believe the last one was about a year ago and was some random gamefreak employee).

69wpm

87 points, then I lost 2 matches and 12 points. Not grinding to S+ anymore, this is bs. You get 3 for a win and loose 6 for one single match.

ChrisD

Wouldn't surprise me if there is no European splatfest. NOE have dropped the ball in similar ways in the past like Picross DS (they put out one level pack and left it at that and the game in American and Japan had an absolute tonne of level packs) not to mention special Miis in Streetpass Mii plaza (I believe the last one was about a year ago and was some random gamefreak employee).

Isn't Splatoon doing well over there? I know "well" and "Wii U" doesnt mean an awful lot (I seem to remember the Wii U pulling horrific numbers in EU even compared to the US/Japan), but that doesn't mean they would just pull the plug. Or so I'd hope. That would be a huge hit to their image, they have to know that.

I feel an update coming soon.

#OctolingOctober

I won't even use them, but I would love to see more variety !

Top Bottom