• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Nico_D

Oh Nico/Teemu joined our squad. :)
We are chatting in the discord app as well.

Edit: nvm it disconnected

I was following Pinku. And yeah, it did.

Kind of unfair pairing with the opposite team...

Oh, and I'm far too lazy to chat. And too old to multitask. Sorry!

(StarStrike, get in the squad now.)

Dystify

I was following Pinku. And yeah, it did.

Kind of unfair pairing with the opposite team...

Oh, and I'm far too lazy to chat. And too old to multitask. Sorry!

(StarStrike, get in the squad now.)

Oh I joined Sendou and Burnburn. We got 1 slot though.

Felt this was probably the best place to ask, but the reason I've barely played anyone on GAF in this game despite adding my details to the list is for some weird reason only this game has enormous internet issues. I don't have the best connection in the world, but Smash Wii U and Mario Kart 8 rarely have enormous lag issues, let alone disconnecting me, yet Splatoon I'll rarely be able to make it to the end of a match without getting booted out.

I've tried resetting my router, moving the system closer, removing the network and re-adding it in the Wii U settings yet nothing seems to stop this game having the worst netcode ever (besides Brawl on the Wii I guess) for me. It's made even more frustrating by none of my online friends having this issue and even praising this game as being a far smoother online experience for them than the aforementioned games that work fine for me. Are there specific router settings that could be tripping this game up, or am I just fucked unless I move to somewhere with a faster internet infrastructure (I'm in Sydney atm)?
The v2.0.0 patch has made this a lot worse on my end. I went from rarely having problems (the occasional communication error) to every single game being ruined by "the connection is unstable" followed by "the connection is lost".

I've done everything on my end (wired, wireless, DNS servers, basically everything) besides trying a neighbours wi-fi and using the engineers test line on the phone end (perhaps it could some electrical interference from the obsolete bell wires) and besides "git gud internet" is not up to me so is not a solution.

I'm not playing until the Splatfest (as it being regional could make things better except NOE thinks regional means Europe, South Africa and Australia) as in theory if it is one packet lost from Japan to me it should be less distance.

I've contacted NOE and they think it is due to the servers (nobody has contacted NOA yet, maybe no US players have the problem) which makes zero sense since the servers would affect everyone rather than persistently bully a few players and besides I thought the matches were all peer to peer anyway which is where the problem lies (some people think the map is server side though).

I just think the game has netcode designed for Japanese connections (I have also heard rumors it uses a lot of upstream bandwidth compared to other games) rather than old ADSL connections the rest of the world has.

Chase17

No matter how I do in a turf wars match, I only seem to get credit for 400p (even if I'm below that). Does this happen to anyone else?

Violet_0

Banned
you can play squad battles and private rooms during Splat Fest now? Even across regions?

I'm eagerly awaiting the most epic Splat Fest of all time in a couple hours
NORTH POLE vs. SOUTH POLE
I ... I honestly don't have a strong opinion about either

KingBroly

Banned
No matter how I do in a turf wars match, I only seem to get credit for 400p (even if I'm below that). Does this happen to anyone else?

Yeah. Same here. It might be how it works, though.

I went 5-0 in Splatfest this morning, but 3 were against fellow Marshmallow players, so the balance is really bad right now. I'm going to wait until noon or so to see if the balance changes.

First time playing on Camp Cuttlefish. It's weird. I don't really understand how I'm supposed to get up those platforms at the start. But it's a REALLY fun map. Probably my favorite in the game right now.

Nico_D

Been practicing with Splatterscope in Turf War. Have had a lot of fun. Improving too.

As a sniper, this is what I'm thriving to be:

4488876837_8d3da2423a_z.jpg

This is where I am at:

6187B882B6FF9B251D213166CD4A14.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, added myself to the spreadsheet. Hopefully, I'll be able to play with you Gaffers in the next days.

First time playing on Camp Cuttlefish. It's weird. I don't really understand how I'm supposed to get up those platforms at the start. But it's a REALLY fun map. Probably my favorite in the game right now.
Are you talking about the section to the right of the starting point? You won't be able to go up there until the last minute of the match (it says something about floodgates being down). Your opponents will be able to get up there though (plus you can do the same on the opponents side).

It is a cool that the stage changes like that.

Also remember you can always recon stages.

Regiruler

This, is my weapon. She weighs 150 kilograms and fires premium german bratwurst at 200 links per minute.
You mean for experience? That's how the new system works.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
From impressions everywhere it seems Marshmallows are the most popular.

Hot dogs, we can do it...
Well before I won a match before bed, I was on 18 straight losing marshmallow teams sooooo hot dogs have a decent shot at making it up on the victory points from my experience.

J@hranimo

Banned
Won 20 plus last night for us (thanks magnet man!) don't fail us soldier lol

So far I'm 18-2 as far as wins go. It's been a breeze this far, although I think some of their better players are waking up lol. We can do it!

Edit: there were two gold aerosprays on my team just now, they were both detriments to my team...

So far I'm 18-2 as far as wins go. It's been a breeze this far, although I think some of their better players are waking up lol. We can do it!

Edit: there were two gold aerosprays on my team just now, they were both detriments to my team...
Lol had one on my team he was good

taparoo

they don't count towards the splatfest ranking, but you still get points. Most marsh v marsh I've had is 2 in a row once, and I've had 3+ hot dog matches in a row a couple times.

EndMerit

Been playing frequently since day -2 and I guess I'm alright, so I might as well finally join SquidGaf.

Added myself to spreadsheet, looking forward to playing with y'all.

xinek

I have been getting Marshmallow vs Marshmallow matches all day, anybody else?

YES. The hypothesis that all the little kids chose marshmallow is looking valid. Presumably, if little kids are mostly playing on weekend mornings, the marshmallow vs. marshmallow matches should not happen as much in the evenings ... we will see.

Ok so I powered through no sleep to hit Hot Dog Queen with very few losses this time. I think about 5-6 total? Custom Jet Squelcher was the MVP for this Splatfest cause people try to get up in your face and if bombs don't cut it then an insta-splat from a kraken will.
WVW69iRNt1MaWEINhk

StAidan

Maybe I'm just lucky, but my win rate on Team Marshmallow is quite a bit better than I got with Team Waterslides. Not that we've won every game, but it's a positive ratio I believe, currently at SO HAWT!! +12.0, and just made it to Champion.

Top Bottom