• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Ok so I powered through no sleep to hit Hot Dog Queen with very few losses this time. I think about 5-6 total? Custom Jet Squelcher was the MVP for this Splatfest cause people try to get up in your face and if bombs don't cut it then an insta-splat from a kraken will.
WVW69iRNt1MaWEINhk
Thank you fellow hot dog brother!

I'm currently 25-10 for Team Hotdog. We won one match 90.3% - 3.1%. It was 4v4 from start to finish.

So with Marshmallow being much more popular, I wonder what the effect of the same team battles is going to be. I'd love to see the statistics on the matches in terms of levels and the outcomes. Could the matchmaking system putting two solid Marshmallow teams to fight each other only to send a weak team against Hotdogs make a difference?

Zing

Banned
Wrecking shop in splatfest with the Dual Squelcher. It feels perfect for these stages.

Been winning on team hot dog all morning. Halfway to King after only 1.5 hours. I think we lost one match.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
About the amigos, do I need to scan them once in then game to unlock all the content, or each time I want to use them?

EndMerit

9 wins in a row with Neo Splash-o-matic, 6 of them on Moray Towers. Between that and Aerospray MG, I think I've found my main weapons.

taparoo

About the amigos, do I need to scan them once in then game to unlock all the content, or each time I want to use them?

you need them every time you want to play amiibo levels. so if you beat 4 levels in one sitting then the next day you will need to scan to keep going. when you unlock gear/mini games you keep them forever. so essentially once you beat all the amiibo levels you no longer need the amiibos

DaBoss

Nearly half of my matches against hot dogs have resulted in disconnects for my team.
YES. The hypothesis that all the little kids chose marshmallow is looking valid. Presumably, if little kids are mostly playing on weekend mornings, the marshmallow vs. marshmallow matches should not happen as much in the evenings ... we will see.
Well, when Splatfest started at midnight ET/9PM PT, there was a lot of marshmallow vs marshmallow matches.

EDIT: Congrats on becoming a member!

Scan once to have that character out, then complete the missions they have (Replaying solo mode stages with each amiibo's respective weapons).

Complete each row to unlock a different costume part or mini-game.

Turns out my timing was out. Splatfest hasn't started in Europe. I tested stuff anyway. I finished a match (no changes on my end). Sadly it was only one match then "the connection is unstable" came back to haunt me.

So trying the phone line part turns out the engineers test socket is where the normal plug goes anyway :lol:.
Unsurprisingly, using the test socket makes no difference.

Looks like I'm sitting this one out. Come on Team South win so I can at least get 6 shells from all this then I'll be up to a total of 24 earned
which I would have had if popularity wasn't a factor in deciding winner

Hope EU has Triggerfish so I can finally give it a try.
I know that feeling of missing the debut then never seeing it in rotation. I had it happen to me with Moray Towers. I've still only played it less than 5 times and struggle to get 400pt.

Whenever I play something like the Aerospray or a charger, I get teams that spread themselves out and overextend so we lose.

Whenever I play a roller, my team decides to bind themselves to my hip so our team becomes a deathball, but we can't control the map so we lose.

the only winning move is
to pray you get a halfway competent team
to not play

I managed to win most of my matches last night by finding a decent team, but I couldn't find any this morning :\

OryoN

So guys, I...err... stayed home from work today, and umm... it just happens to be a splatfest event on right now.

Lucky me eh?

StAidan

I tried the magical Gold Aerospray for splatfest this morning (first time ever with Aerospray), and cleaned house with those silly Hot Dogs. Favorite move is luring enemies into my ink mines.

Totakeke

Splatlings are pretty bad for turf wars. Far too immobile. If someone can fight really good at close range with it that may change, but right now I'm not feeling the weapon.

bart64

Banned
Do Marshmallow vs Marshmallow matchups just not matter? Anybody know? 75% of my matches have been that.
They don't count toward the splatfest results, but you still get the experience toward your personal splatfest level, so you're still earning your snails.

Jims

Looks like the 2.0 update fixed the 3v4 issue in Splatfest. Haven't had a single one of those today. Had one 3-person team appear, and then it waited awhile, and then whisked away the team.

Did end up playing the exact same guy two rounds in a row (he joined a different team after we demolished 'em, lol). And then later, we played the exact same Hot Dog team twice in a row. A runback to Moray Towers (which we also won). Either no one is playing on Saturday afternoon, or I witnessed a rare event.

Getting about 1/5 matches against other Marshmallow teams. Guessing it's going to be a 65/35 split or worse.

PBalfredo

I've been cleaning up with my trusty .96 Gal on most maps, but I feel that Moray Towers requires something with a Beakon to stay competitive. Maybe I need to switch over to the Custom Dual Squelcher.

jnWake

I've had horrible luck in Splatfest so far. I've been paired with very low level people (literally, one guy was level 5) and lost a ton. In some matches I had a roller in my team that consistently got 0/7 or so scores and was always the last ranked in the team, it was awful.

I also got plenty of 3v4 matches so that hasn't been fixed.

Top Bottom