• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

NotLiquid

Heads up friends - the Turf War Zine is now available for pre-order. If you fancy a pair of hefty books of amazing Splatoon fan art with proceeds going to charity, here's your chance to check it out. There are some amazing artists involved here and I heavily implore you checking it out. Don't think too long cause pre-orders close October 25th or when all stock has been cleared - and these sell out fast.

Zing

Banned
Anyone else specifically not playing until Tuesday? I feel as though it would be a waste of time. I don't play a roller at all and I may as well wait until they are brought down to mortal levels.

ffdgh

Anyone else specifically not playing until Tuesday? I feel as though it would be a waste of time. I don't play a roller at all and I may as well wait until they are brought down to mortal levels.

Nah but i've seen a noticable increase in weapons/subs/specials that are about to get nerfed in ranked. It's hilarious.

J@hranimo

Banned

Funny enough I'm toning down my play of the game for now but not because of the patch. I have indie games to play that are being neglected on my Wii U menu lol.

atr0cious

Walking around in town today and stumbled on this:
I8zUUnf.jpg

WkA1dvS.jpg

I don't know if it's a sign that I've played too much Splatoon, or that it's time to come back.

Will be on later today.

I am too. I've been slowing down a good bit anyway, but since there seem be solutions on the way for most of the balancing issues in the game I figured I would spare myself the frustration and wait. I don't play much roller either, but now that I finally got my left analog stick fixed (at least I hope) I can actually play it now. Before even when I had it completely forward I would occasionally slow down or even stop completely.

Pikma

Banned
I am too. I've been slowing down a good bit anyway, but since there seem be solutions on the way for most of the balancing issues in the game I figured I would spare myself the frustration and wait. I don't play much roller either, but now that I finally got my left analog stick fixed (at least I hope) I can actually play it now. Before even when I had it completely forward I would occasionally slow down or even stop completely.
Wait, how did you fix your left stick? Or did you sent it in to Nintendo?

Wait, how did you fix your left stick? Or did you sent it in to Nintendo?

I bought a spare stick on eBay and a set of tools the tri-wing heads from Amazon. Together they were about $15. My system's well past warranty and I heard it would be many times that plus turnaround time if I sent it to Nintendo so I took a chance and tried it myself.

Once I had part and tools it took about 20 minutes to take it apart, swap out the stick, and put it back together. Fortunately nothing needed soldering or anything like that.

It was the first hardware problem I've had with Nintendo that I didn't cause. I tried many other things before this though. I made sure the gamepad was level when I turned it on, cleaned off the thumbstick dome as much as I could, blew compressed air in it in case it was just some crud that got in there, but nothing else worked. The tools arrived first and I tried just opening it up but there was nothing obviously wrong with the stick assembly so I blew compressed air in it and put it back together. At first it was OK but then it started up again. So when the part came in I put it in and so far it's worked well.

ryechu

I bought a spare stick on eBay and a set of tools the tri-wing heads from Amazon. Together they were about $15. My system's well past warranty and I heard it would be many times that plus turnaround time if I sent it to Nintendo so I took a chance and tried it myself.

Once I had part and tools it took about 20 minutes to take it apart, swap out the stick, and put it back together. Fortunately nothing needed soldering or anything like that.

It was the first hardware problem I've had with Nintendo that I didn't cause. I tried many other things before this though. I made sure the gamepad was level when I turned it on, cleaned off the thumbstick dome as much as I could, blew compressed air in it in case it was just some crud that got in there, but nothing else worked. The tools arrived first and I tried just opening it up but there was nothing obviously wrong with the stick assembly so I blew compressed air in it and put it back together. At first it was OK but then it started up again. So when the part came in I put it in and so far it's worked well.

i had the same issue. How i fixed it was by buying a refurbished wii u. Transferring all my data and selling my old wii u to my roommate for 120 bucks. Hes better with repairing things.

Zing

Banned
Playing the 96gal recently makes me realize just how incredibly lucky users of it are when they get a kill. The random spray is the cause of my demise probably half the time I die.

Playing the 96gal recently makes me realize just how incredibly lucky users of it are when they get a kill. The random spray is the cause of my demise probably half the time I die.
I would imagine that that's why they didn't nerf the .96 Gal itself but instead nerfed the Deco's sub and special. The gun itself is pretty "meh" IMO, it's the fucking Splash Wall and Kraken asspulls that make it a goddamn pain in the ass to deal with.

Luigi87

Yeah I'm personally holding off the game until the changes happen.
I haven't played in a week though anyhow due to being sick + work, so what's a few more days.

atr0cious

Play it like a nozzle nose and say that. Almost every gun benefits from burst fire.

Exile20

Any new Splatoon players out there join us on the Discord server.

Join the Discord channel to voice chat and squad up easily.

Check the link for details on downloads, rules, etc

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=174018831

Please quote to see the Discord invitation
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
QUOTE ME!!!
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Geg

Did the orange & teal Splatfest colours change to pink & blue for anyone else just now?

Did you play against your own team (I'm guessing team dog)? If you end up playing against your own team in splatfest because the game can't find one from the opposing team, you just play with random ink colors

Moondrop

Banned
Wow, they've literally nerfed my entire blaster strategy (stacking damage ups to increase the OHKO range). Guess I'm moving on to the carbon roller or tri-slosher.

Nico_D

Finally a smooth sailing Splatfest with mostly wins. At Defender I landed a good team with three 50 levels and one 47 one with good spread of weapons. I ended our session at +16 with only 14 points missing of the max rank.

This is the quickest Splatfest I've done yet.

Played with .96.

Edit: This morning my son has gotten three dogs vs. dogs matches. I've gotten none so far.

Finally a smooth sailing Splatfest with mostly wins. At Defender I landed a good team with three 50 levels and one 47 one with good spread of weapons. I ended our session at +16 with only 14 points missing of the max rank.

Played with .96.

The last two NA Splatfests have gone way better for me than the earlier ones ever did, with me finishing at Queen in far less time. Not sure if it was luck or if something changed.

Nico_D

The last two NA Splatfests have gone way better for me than the earlier ones ever did, with me finishing at Queen in far less time. Not sure if it was luck or if something changed.

Much more pleasant when it's over relatively quickly.

Best thing being, I had only one laggy match with two other players lagging heavily. No dc's on either side, so something's considerably better this Splatfest.

ss-hikaru

Heads up friends - the Turf War Zine is now available for pre-order. If you fancy a pair of hefty books of amazing Splatoon fan art with proceeds going to charity, here's your chance to check it out. There are some amazing artists involved here and I heavily implore you checking it out. Don't think too long cause pre-orders close October 25th or when all stock has been cleared - and these sell out fast.

This just made me want a pixiv Splatoon book...

Razmos

I remember early on when I was complaining about how stupid Dynamo Rollers are and I got laughed at and told to git gud.

Now they are being nerfed everyone's true feelings are coming out

Splatfest done. Just made it to king no tryharding to get vibe into silly numbers for me (did see a fair share of cat Kings/Queens though...bad NOE should have gone with the classic vibes as Eternal Cat Girl would have saved this splatfest from ridicule). Did half when it first opened and half just now (well started a few hours ago).

My end vibe was 27.5 which makes it very likely I won 35 and lost 5 matches (of course I expect Team Dog average to have like a 37% win rate or something like that). Considering a perfect Splatfest is 37 straight wins that is very good.

I have to say the matches this morning were a lot tougher to win than the ones last night were. I had some near losses from team mates pushing really far and deciding to try and spawn camp the enemy, get killed and jump back to spawn camping rather than go to me who was slightly further back but in a better position to defend against the enemy about to break through. In turf war if you ink over 50% of the map at time you win. Really no need to try and go for 80%.

Browsing miiverse and I noticed this:
So what does google make of the German? "many thanks! Chance for outfit change during the splatfests: O. please wait. Your team .quallani". Yeah it didn't translate well. Emporium Quallani is the name of the shop.

OH MY GOD

THIS JUST HAPPENED

I can't believe this reroll just happened!
Wow.
0.06^3...~0.02% chance. Of course if it is any triple you can multiple that chance by 11 and add the tiny chance of run speed up.

Now come to think of it the Squid Girl and other no preferance brands will have a ~0.6% chance of any triple sub.

I also wonder if bomb range up being skipped brand-wise was intentional (not all weapons have bombs).

Kito

Did you play against your own team (I'm guessing team dog)? If you end up playing against your own team in splatfest because the game can't find one from the opposing team, you just play with random ink colors

I see. Do these kinda matches increase the % of Team Dog wins?

Me too, but for a different and sad reason. Half my matches had sub-lvl 20 opponents. I would either find a good spot in the arena and just watch the match until we won, or pull a Sasuke by not killing them (and just tracing their turfed ink).

Jeez, I guess all the Dog lovers are out being active with their pets and not playing Splatoon much :p

I bet there was a group of people in Europe that thought, 'Well, going by North America and their Cats vs Dogs, we just need to vote for dogs, and we'll win by popular votes alone.'

Fake Edit: I see you're campaigning for Hideki Naganuma music in Splatoon.

Real Edit: Pokemon vs Yokai Watch for Splatfest pls

OH MY GOD

THIS JUST HAPPENED

I can't believe this reroll just happened!

I have that... with 2 DaUp subs... Forever cursed in that regard. =( Takoroka Mesh with 2 DeUp subs, Baby-Jelly with 2 DeUp subs, Baseball Jersey with 2 SCU subs, etc. Oh well.

Edit: I actually don't want to add a third slot to mine because I know it's not gonna get the third Damage Up. =P

One of these days I'll get 24 sea shells* in a splatfest but if Marie is going to constantly be a choice I don't agree with it isn't going to happen it seems...

Man I feel bad for marie. Not voting callie is usually an instant loss at this point lol.
The only Marie win in Europe was really close too :(
*-
I got 4 sea shells this win due to being unable to play

Top Bottom