• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

NOW, I am prepared for the N-ZAP and Dual Squelcher speed buffs this update!

WVW69ifm4Aco4JXC0m

Looked at these very closely:
The Japanese page shows a few video comparisons regarding nerfed weapons:

Blasters appear to have been nerfed to do less damage from splash:
https://youtu.be/0iY8rm-lj5M

And so have Rollers, if they only hit you with the edge and not the center of the wave it won't do full damage:
https://youtu.be/2r334h868lU
https://youtu.be/5cebQ19Bodk

And E-Liter 3K family appears to only be a guaranteed 1HK if it's actually fully charged:
https://youtu.be/2OYkHLoyrJ4
-At the end it shows that even being just a couple pixels off is enough to deny you the OHKO now. Indirect damage won't do the job with a blaster now. Period.

-If you're using a roller, people you were not trying to splat will no longer get splatted by accident. That's about it really. You have to be pretty damn close for this to actually make a difference - at longer ranges you already have to aim with the center to OHKO - and at that range the margin for error is still huge.

-There is now a reason to use Splat Chargers over heavily stacked E-Liters.

That's how I'm calling it at least.

Looked at these very closely:

-At the end it shows that even being just a couple pixels off is enough to deny you the OHKO now. Indirect damage won't do the job with a blaster now. Period.

This is what I always thought the point of blasters was, so the fact that they would happily splat people without aim rivaling chargers seemed wacky to me.

-There is now a reason to use Splat Chargers over heavily stacked E-Liters.

That's how I'm calling it at least.

The best weapon wins again! ;P

backlot

How much defense up would you have to run to survive a direct hit from a Luna? Splash damage will never one shot now so I wonder if defense up will be as worthwhile as people think.

Nico_D

The best weapon wins again! ;P

Certainly looks like it. I've been using scopeless now (again) and I am learning to like them, seem to do bit better than with scoped. Twitch shots feel a bit easier to do. Maybe. Possibly. Idk. There is a whole different feel to it, particularly in awareness. No tunnel-scope vision.

E-Liter looks like to be seriously neutered. Wonder how dmg ups will do after the patch - should still kill with half charged shots but not as low as before. Unless they capped it.

Paulie_C

Neo Member
xwVjK41.jpg

Callie keeps dominating in Europe.

Yes! The was my first splatfest win and I was sure dogs had won.

It's really difficult to tell how things are going overall when playing. The last splatfest, I had played for hours and lost a maximum of 2 games, Tidy lost. This time it was probably 60% of games won and Cats won.

ffdgh

Certainly looks like it. I've been using scopeless now (again) and I am learning to like them, seem to do bit better than with scoped. Twitch shots feel a bit easier to do. Maybe. Possibly. Idk. There is a whole different feel to it, particularly in awareness. No tunnel-scope vision.

E-Liter looks like to be seriously neutered. Wonder how dmg ups will do after the patch - should still kill with half charged shots but not as low as before. Unless they capped it.

Time for some science!
IKQVPEz.png

Looks like that damage nerf will have a noticeable effect.

Nico_D

Time for some science!

Looks like that damage nerf will have a noticeable effect.

Oh wow! Nice! Thanks!

And that is definitely a huge effect. But after seeing that I must say I agree with the change, it certainly helps to stop the lockdown effect E-Liters can have at some maps - especially if enemy is packing at least one def up main.

E-Liter Scope is going out fashion as is probably custom with Kraken. Some will take on even more Burst Bombs to get kills but hopefully even more will concentrate on taking good snipes instead of treating E-Liter as an assault weapon - which I've never understood since it's not supposed to be that.

Was making me feel stupid for trying to go for as many subs as possible after I already have 3 mains really necessary?

Not necessarily. The rest of it will help counter possible enemy def ups.

All of these people using a bunch of damage ups on their chargers to get a quicker charge kill, and here I am always waiting to shoot until my charge is done before I shoot, even with 6 damage up subs I'll still wait, I'll use the extra damage for splat bombs.

My play style of chargers and snipers will always be 'The End' for me, I'm an old fart for thing like this.

Edit: Looks like NWPlayer123 (Nikki)'s twitter account has been shut down.

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

J@hranimo

Banned
All of these people using a bunch of damage ups on their chargers to get a quicker charge kill, and here I am always waiting to shoot until my charge is done before I shoot, even with 6 damage up subs I'll still wait, I'll use the extra damage for splat bombs.

My play style of chargers and snipers will always be 'The End' for me, I'm an old fart for thing like this.

Edit: Looks like NWPlayer123 (Nikki)'s twitter account has been shut down.

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Her stuff is gone.

That means...Splatoon update is gonna have a good amount of stuff to datamine ;)

me0wish

Guys, can someone point me out to a good guide? I've searched google and I haven't found anything proper, I've been playing Splatoon daily and would really appreciate some help.

ChrisD

Seeing that chart and knowing about how dramatically Blasters were really changed, I'm running triple Def gear on patch day. Will be fun.

Nico_D

How to build your character stats, how to have a specific stat, stat scaling, mechanics, ATs if there are any, basically gearing and mechanics.

You can start by watching Squid Labs.

Depends a lot what you want from your character. You can also look at other players who are using the same weapon as you are and see what gear they have.

Is there a way to force regional connections? I am so sick being paired up with Japanese players and either have half second delays turning aiming into a guessing game. Being from Europe, the only time I get to play with European players is during a Splatfest. The difference in lag is mind boggling and I am sick and tired of this game always (without fail) pairing me up with Japanese players.

ChrisD

Isn't it ironic. One would like a regional only setting, but despite being on one of the last region locked systems in the current market, said option doesn't exist.

Nico_D

Isn't it ironic.

I can understand the reasoning behind it: that there wouldn't be enough players online. But as Splatfest has shown, there is.

The least it should do is to search to connect the lowest pinged players together and if still not finding enough, take from the larger pool.

Regional matchmaking would be great!
It wasn't shut down, she deactivated it. Before she deactivated it, she posted:

"Time to go back into the bomb shelter until Tuesday, try not to burn down the internet hunting down leakers while I'm gone"

I haven't seen you in a while. =O How've you been?

NotLiquid

Regional matchmaking would be great!
It wasn't shut down, she deactivated it. Before she deactivated it, she posted:

"Time to go back into the bomb shelter until Tuesday, try not to burn down the internet hunting down leakers while I'm gone"

Tired of being hounded presumably.

Dr. Buni

I haven't seen you in a while. =O How've you been?
Hey =D I didn't expect someone here on SquidGAF to remember me, so I am both surprised and pleased. I have been doing fine!

How about you? I hope you are still having a great time with Splatoon.
Tired of being hounded presumably.
Possibly. Or maybe she knows she was lying about stuff and decided to close her public twitter to avoid backlash. Hopefully that wasn't the case, though.

DaBoss

How much defense up would you have to run to survive a direct hit from a Luna? Splash damage will never one shot now so I wonder if defense up will be as worthwhile as people think.
You can't survive a direct hit from the Luna.
I can understand the reasoning behind it: that there wouldn't be enough players online. But as Splatfest has shown, there is.

The least it should do is to search to connect the lowest pinged players together and if still not finding enough, take from the larger pool.
Splatfest isn't a good barometer since people who don't play much will play for Splatfesf cause it's like an "event".

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/656023500709216256?lang=en

サウンドトラック「スプラチューン」の収録楽曲から「Tacozones Rendezvous」を紹介しよう。 謎のユニット「OCTOTOOL」によるテクノかつエキゾチックな曲で、ヒーローモードの対タコゾネス戦のBGMとなっている。 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30tmm0roVmA&index=1&list=PL4D85f9vYKbmZk3teC617JuaeVhiksbU2

google translate:
Let's introduce the "Tacozones Rendezvous" from recording music of the soundtrack "spline tune". Techno and exotic music by unit "OCTOTOOL" of mystery, has become a BGM pair Takozonesu war hero mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30tmm0roVmA&index=1&list=PL4D85f9vYKbmZk3teC617JuaeVhiksbU2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Techno and exotic music by unit "OCTOTOOL" of mystery"
Guess we have an octopus band now?

and of course they choose the octoling battle theme to fuel more speculation

Geg

Yeah, the soundtrack lists OCTOTOOL as the band that did all the music for single player, aside from the final boss themes

J@hranimo

Banned
Ha OCTOTOOL, that makes sense since they want to DUBSTOMP YOU TO OBLIVION!

I do wish that single player DLC will be a thing so we can get more of their music that way, but it probably won't be happening.

Heads up friends - the Turf War Zine is now available for pre-order. If you fancy a pair of hefty books of amazing Splatoon fan art with proceeds going to charity, here's your chance to check it out. There are some amazing artists involved here and I heavily implore you checking it out. Don't think too long cause pre-orders close October 25th or when all stock has been cleared - and these sell out fast.
I am too late. I am so sad lol T3T

Better luck next time I guess.

Dr. Buni

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/656023500709216256?lang=en

サウンドトラック「スプラチューン」の収録楽曲から「Tacozones Rendezvous」を紹介しよう。 謎のユニット「OCTOTOOL」によるテクノかつエキゾチックな曲で、ヒーローモードの対タコゾネス戦のBGMとなっている。 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30tmm0roVmA&index=1&list=PL4D85f9vYKbmZk3teC617JuaeVhiksbU2

google translate:
Let's introduce the "Tacozones Rendezvous" from recording music of the soundtrack "spline tune". Techno and exotic music by unit "OCTOTOOL" of mystery, has become a BGM pair Takozonesu war hero mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30tmm0roVmA&index=1&list=PL4D85f9vYKbmZk3teC617JuaeVhiksbU2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Techno and exotic music by unit "OCTOTOOL" of mystery"
Guess we have an octopus band now?

and of course they choose the octoling battle theme to fuel more speculation
Hm, maybe we are getting Octolings playable this week after the update. Seems like too much teasing for nothing.
long time no see! you coming back to Splatoon?
Indeed.

Yeah! I never stopped playing completely, but I am playing it more frequently now. Maybe I will join you guys and girls in a squad battle one of these days!

Kito

Thanks. Still debating buying the 3 pack or not...
I would like there to be some kind of local Amiibo exchange group, where you can borrow amiibo and return them to the owners when done.

I STILL have no Splatoon amiibo either. If all three were available separately or together on Amazon for RRP right now, instant purchase. But Nintendo have to complicate things with that fucking bundle.

My current plan is to wait for amiibo DLC or for an inkling squid restock on amazon.jp and then buy both kids on .co.uk. Neither option looks likely at this point, so I'll probably end up with sweet nothing.

Top Bottom