• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Yeah, the soundtrack lists OCTOTOOL as the band that did all the music for single player, aside from the final boss themes

Did not know that. This update is the first time I saw their name.

Ha OCTOTOOL, that makes sense since they want to DUBSTOMP YOU TO OBLIVION!

I do wish that single player DLC will be a thing so we can get more of their music that way, but it probably won't be happening.

I would like some more single player levels too. It was surprisingly good.

Hm, maybe we are getting Octolings playable this week after the update. Seems like too much teasing for nothing. !

They're making it very hard to not get ones hope up for playable octolings...

The soundtrack is also coming out this week too, that's probably why

The soundtrack is probably why they release this but choosing the octoling battle theme over every other single player theme is just a mean tease.

Splatfest isn't a good barometer since people who don't play much will play for Splatfesf cause it's like an "event".
Back when I could actually play I used Splatfests as an opportunity to see how much stupid shit I could get away with.

So that's another reason it's not a good barometer.

NotLiquid

Annnd octolings have unique animations for when they bump their heads on walls...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdvDPzbMoEo&feature=youtu.be

Maybe nintendo went the extra mile just for the heck of it lol.

I feel like it has to happen sooner than later really.

Some people suggest that Octolings won't be until the inevitable sequel but part of me disagrees. I don't believe in Nintendo holding Octolings back as some sort of sequel incentive since an aesthetic addition isn't something I think Nintendo is wholly concerned about for sequels. They're clearly designed to be playable and despite being something people are excited for, they're still mostly reskins when you get down to it that wouldn't be hard to implement in their current state. Fans have been making a lot of noise and the Splatoon dev team clearly have their ears open unlike a lot of other dev teams at Nintendo.

The only aesthetic character change I could see selling a sequel is something like haircuts or more customization options.

Annnd octolings have unique animations for when they bump their heads on walls...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdvDPzbMoEo&feature=youtu.be

tumblr_mavir8cLOx1r5jtugo1_250.gif

Junahu

It's just good design practice to include all the animations for an object, even if the game doesn't normally present a situation where they would be triggered.
Octolings merely piggyback off of the Inkling Boy/Girl animations, but the Octopus form and the Inkling squid form can't really share animations.

When they optimize headgear for octolings then that's when I'll believe they are coming.
Add there being Octoling icon for the players alive that shows at the top middle of the screen to that list of "the octolings are coming" rather than "the octolings are unfinished" that we have now. At the moment it just uses inklings.

Part of me also wonders if they could do something whereby all armour looks like Octoling googles plate and boots. Would be annoying to play against not knowing what abilities a player has though.

Regiruler

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/656023500709216256?lang=en

サウンドトラック「スプラチューン」の収録楽曲から「Tacozones Rendezvous」を紹介しよう。 謎のユニット「OCTOTOOL」によるテクノかつエキゾチックな曲で、ヒーローモードの対タコゾネス戦のBGMとなっている。 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30tmm0roVmA&index=1&list=PL4D85f9vYKbmZk3teC617JuaeVhiksbU2

google translate:
Let's introduce the "Tacozones Rendezvous" from recording music of the soundtrack "spline tune". Techno and exotic music by unit "OCTOTOOL" of mystery, has become a BGM pair Takozonesu war hero mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30tmm0roVmA&index=1&list=PL4D85f9vYKbmZk3teC617JuaeVhiksbU2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Techno and exotic music by unit "OCTOTOOL" of mystery"
Guess we have an octopus band now?

and of course they choose the octoling battle theme to fuel more speculation
Taco zone?
So we need to build a wall to keep out the corrupting octolings. Sure, some, I assume, are good people, but the corrupters and hackers must be kept to their own turf.

I STILL have no Splatoon amiibo either. If all three were available separately or together on Amazon for RRP right now, instant purchase. But Nintendo have to complicate things with that fucking bundle.

My current plan is to wait for amiibo DLC or for an inkling squid restock on amazon.jp and then buy both kids on .co.uk. Neither option looks likely at this point, so I'll probably end up with sweet nothing.

You can buy them on play-asia if you don't mind to pay to import them.I bought the inkling boy there. The inkling girl amiibo is more expensive, though.

Team mate, what was that killer wail you put down?

The knockback the kraken got from that flung itself towards me and I got killed.

=/

Edit: typos also....

J@hranimo

Banned
Squid amiibo is the best of the 3 and comes with sound test
which is a shitty practice, amiibo haters are right on that one
PLUS it's green lol.

L95

Ughhhhhhhh

My art book was supposed to come today, but the tracking says they attempted delivery and I don't even see a slip anywhere <.<

And I was home during the alleged attempt, so, asdfghjkl.kjhgfds

Zing

Banned
Since several people are posting about it, I will mention that I have the Splatoon Amiibo and would sell. They are in perfect condition, but used, of course. Send a PM if you are desperate for these. I'll sell for my cost plus shipping.

Before I got good at this game, I used the Aerospray RG (of course, lol). Then I used the Kelp Splat Charger. Now I use the Splat Charger, and it has finally overtaken the Kelp Splat Charger in terms of having laid the most ink. Now to max out the point count on it.

The Aerospray RG is still #3, heh.

Robotguy

Before I got good at this game, I used the Aerospray RG (of course, lol). Then I used the Kelp Splat Charger. Now I use the Splat Charger, and it has finally overtaken the Kelp Splat Charger in terms of having laid the most ink. Now to max out the point count on it.

The Aerospray RG is still #3, heh.
Yeah, too a long time for the aerosprays to fall on my turf inked list. The points you get are so high relative to the time spent playing.

ChrisD

Comeback
Haunt
Stealth Jump

Special Saver (Sub) x3
Quick Respawn (Sub) x6

I AM LORD OF DEATH

Spooky for Haloween, I see.

That's likely the best fit for using Haunt. Comeback, Quick Respawn, and Stealth Jump makes sure the sucker who killed you WILL die. :p

Greddleok

I hadn't played Splatoon in like 2 months, but I turned it on this evening after work and sank 2 hours into it without even noticing. Such an fantastic game, but I'm struggling to find a gun I like more than the tentatek splattershot.

egruntz

shelaughz
Spooky for Haloween, I see.

That's likely the best fit for using Haunt. Comeback, Quick Respawn, and Stealth Jump makes sure the sucker who killed you WILL die. :p

Hehe. :D That's the plan, anyway. I'm hoping to get 1 more gear with x3 Quick Respawns. In doing so, it'll take me 4.71 seconds to respawn. (Quick Respawns do not have diminishing returns and do not cap, unlike most of the other abilities.) With Stealth Jump, it takes 4.92 seconds to super jump, leaving 2.37 seconds left on the vision from Haunt (assuming they do not have cold-blooded). That gives me enough time to locate them and then keep my eyes on them for a revenge kill.

Haunt is rather underrated. It (slightly) punishes the enemy for killing you. I use it whenever I take a loadout with Echolocator. It's just so annoying for the enemy team to be constantly watched. Comeback is remarkable for the stats it gives (20 seconds worth of 1 main Ink Efficiency, Sub Efficiency, Run Speed, and Swim Speed). With Quick Respawn, I can rush into battle, trade 2 for 1 or even 1 for 1 and still come out on top due to how quickly I'll return and the vision that I may have set on my escaped killer.

L95

Yay! My book finally got here. I think the maildude gave the person across from me the slip yesterday.

It happens a lot here, actually...

ryechu

Taco zone?
So we need to build a wall to keep out the corrupting octolings. Sure, some, I assume, are good people, but the corrupters and hackers must be kept to their own turf.

"takozonesu" is the japanese name for "octoling". It means octoling rendezvous.

Top Bottom