• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Geg

Based on my vibe meter and some of the stuff I remember from last night, I think my win streak was 19 wins and 4 losses. Only one of those losses was against a fellow marshmallow team though, the rest were against team hot dog. Also for one of them we had a disconnect early in the match, a really good charger.

So overall Team Marshmallow is still doing well from my end, hopefully that continues when I play more this afternoon where there will probably be more kids playing

taparoo

9tJDyaS.jpg

Smashing hot dogs and marshmallows alike.

WorldStar

Banned
its kinda lame how easy it is to get to max level during splatfest

i reached hot dog queen last night, now i gotta play turf wars on these same 3 maps as i wait for the event to end

i wanna play some ranked

maybe ill go finish singleplayer

Splatlings are pretty bad for turf wars. Far too immobile. If someone can fight really good at close range with it that may change, but right now I'm not feeling the weapon.
Bad at TW? Nah. No need to charge fully to kill or ink turf, is actually fairly mobile in my hands, and has good killing power. I think you would like a Run Speed Up build. It's hilarious to look at in the Test Range.
Going by my Team Hot Dog opponents, there are still a ton of kids playing.

Yeah, I can agree with this, but the beginning of Splatfest had me basically spawn camping the other team 90% of the time. Then a comm error happened and Team Marshmallows got a bunch more difficult for no reason.
If you remember his exact Mii name and it isn't common (like Alex…), you could try to search him on Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/activity (search bar at the top)

I actually tried this about 20 minutes ago. The mii's name is ~Zephyr~, but I guess it couldn't find that because of the ~.

Azure J

You Azure or Azure J in game? Might have played you earlier, you got the better of me =(

Good luck. There were a lot of kids in the beginning of Splatfest.

He goes by Azure J.

Speaking of, and this is for Azure, I found someone named Lady J once on ranked. Thought it was Azure's alt account or something because he was on the same map as I was at the time with the same team colors but I guess not in the same lobby. Heh.

:(

I remember watching Azure's stream and someone called Guyperson came on. And GuySloth was like "Guyperson? What?" And GuySloth joined Azure's lobby so he could fight him. There can only be one Guy______.

This stuff is always fascinating to me. I played matches with a "Lady Azure", "Crimson J" and "Jelly" (Smash handle; in joke about my middle name) on my team before in the previous Splatfest. :lol

its kinda lame how easy it is to get to max level during splatfest

i reached hot dog queen last night, now i gotta play turf wars on these same 3 maps as i wait for the event to end

i wanna play some ranked

maybe ill go finish singleplayer
What's your NNID? Private matches are still available, so if you coordinate here, on twitch or on discord, you can play private matches with the regulars here :)

Geg

If you remember his exact Mii name and it isn't common (like Alex…), you could try to search him on Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/activity (search bar at the top)

Dammit, I tried to find the charger from my very first team in this splatfest but I must be remembering her name wrong :(

Also https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users?query=Geg how are there that many Gegs D:

edit: Found her! Looks like she's in Chile, no wonder she eventually disconnected. What a great teammate though

EndMerit

Found an absolute dream team immediately right from the start! 25 wins in a row!

Pics are uploading, but damn! #TeamImpeccable

Crisium

I decided to try the Splosher today. It's fun and I'm getting good scores, but I wonder how it does in ranked? Guess I'll find out tomorrow. I have been powering through Splatfest with most Custom Jet Squelcher (great maps for it) and did better with the CJS, but this weapon also has my favourite sub the Burst Bomb. And sploshing over walls for kills is great.

Grakl

I decided to try the Splosher today. It's fun and I'm getting good scores, but I wonder how it does in ranked? Guess I'll find out tomorrow. I have been powering through Splatfest with most Custom Jet Squelcher (great maps for it) and did better with the CJS, but this weapon also has my favourite sub the Burst Bomb. And sploshing over walls for kills is great.
It's good in Tower Control but I wouldn't use it any other mode tbh

Totakeke

Bad at TW? Nah. No need to charge fully to kill or ink turf, is actually fairly mobile in my hands, and has good killing power. I think you would like a Run Speed Up build. It's hilarious to look at in the Test Range..

When people play Turf War and say there's no need to ink turf... I don't think they're playing in anywhere close to evenly matched games. You don't need to charge up to kill but it's difficult to go in an attack like a tower where you don't have angle because you still need some charging time before being able to attack.

Run speed up? To increase strafing speed? I guess I can try that out.

It's good in Tower Control but I wouldn't use it any other mode tbh

On the other hand I think Splosher is great in Turf War due to the high mobility, the good inking ability, and just people's general inability to deal with things they can't directly shoot at which is great for 1v1 situations that is far more common in turf war than any other mode.

Anyone getting a bunch of matches with people dropping? Wondering if it's just me the last three in a row it was just me and one other person on my team.

Anyone getting a bunch of matches with people dropping? Wondering if it's just me the last three in a row it was just me and one other person on my team.
I am a person who constantly drops ever since the v2.0.0 patch happened (since it came out I've started over 20 matches but only finished one). Maybe other users are being affected in the same way.

Jackano

European Splatfest started a few hours ago. I picked up North earlier.

I have the feeling North is gonna loose both on win ratio and popularity. I always fight against South teams. And have hard time to achieve good streaks.

Unlike the other splatfests, it seems I choose badly this time :(

Lucked into a great team. We've had a few people leave, but so far they've been replaced with people that slotted in well. I hold areas and they have short, fast weapons and ninja people and cover territory.

And of course the level 30 player on my team was terrible :/
some people got to lvl 26 after their first match due to a glitch. But lvl 30 is certainly possible otherwise at this point.
I didn't hear about that but it still wouldn't have explained how bad this guy/gal was playing.

i've had at least two matches where I could just sit under the second big drop on moray towers and splat people as they fell down facing the opposite direction, sometimes twice at a time

the only times I ever saw any indication that they knew I was still there was some furtive shooting at the ground for a second before giving up and jumping anyway, or trying too hard to fall behind me and ending up falling into the gap

the second match I went 16-1

European Splatfest started a few hours ago. I picked up North earlier.

I have the feeling North is gonna loose both on win ratio and popularity. I always fight against South teams. And have hard time to achieve good streaks.

Unlike the other splatfests, it seems I choose badly this time :(

I've had a few North vs. North matches.

Anyone got South vs. South?

Top Bottom