• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

RedFyn

Playable Octolings better be coming tomorrow to draw attention away from Halo 5. If not I MIGHT get another Xbox One tomorrow (but probably won't as the Halo 5 bundle is insanely expensive in Canada, I've already owned and sold one, and I can hopefully hold off until Battlefront PS4). If Nintendo doesn't add playable Octolings ever they are very out of touch with what I want, doubt I am the only fan they are out of touch with too.
I don't think they should try and drown out halo. Not that I think its possible but even if they tried what do they gain?

As for releasing them at all, idk. Would I like them? Sure. I don't think they add much and you're overstating their value (referring more to your later post) but they'd be nice. However I do think it would be in Nintendo's best interest to save them for Splatoon 2.

Geg

A few shots from the art book I haven't seen before

tumblr_nwukmzREsl1uxlx2jo2_1280.jpg

The .52 Gal has a place for keychains

tumblr_nwukmzREsl1uxlx2jo3_1280.jpg

Close up of that weird hair dryer weapon

tumblr_nwukmzREsl1uxlx2jo4_1280.jpg

Inkling fruit

tumblr_nwukmzREsl1uxlx2jo6_1280.jpg

The wacky inflatable flailing arm squid from Blackbelly

Azure J

The Inkling fruit illustration reminds me of another silly reason why I love the iconography in this game -- it reminds me of Soul Eater's "vectors everywhere" designs in places. :lol

So is it better to pick against the popular vote in Splatfest? Airplane/Car was my first Splatfest it seemed like all your new players went with the crowd making the more popular pick Airplane an overall weaker team? Is that an anomaly or does it seem to be the trend.

On another note I just reached Lvl 20 MAX, do I have to complete single player mode to continue to lvl up or is there some other place/thing I have to do?

So is it better to pick against the popular vote in Splatfest? Airplane/Car was my first Splatfest it seemed like all your new players went with the crowd making the more popular pick Airplane an overall weaker team? Is that an anomaly or does it seem to be the trend.

On another note I just reached Lvl 20 MAX, do I have to complete single player mode to continue to lvl up or is there some other place/thing I have to do?
That seems to be the trend, but just pick what you like and stick with it. What really matters is grinding yourself to King/Queen status to get as many snails as you can. Being on the winning team but failing to get the best Splatfest rank doesn't do much for you.

http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splatfest#Reward_tiers

The max level should now be lv 50. You should be able to continue leveling once you hit 20, but the leveling system thereafter is more favorable towards winning over covering turf.

Vecks

Yeah, I think that if you really want to crush the hopes and dreams of innocent, endearing five-year-olds, then go ahead and pick against them.

As for your other question, you don't need to beat single player for it. I think you just need to go back into the lobby and it should change to the lvl 50.

Thanks guys. Yeah I just needed to back out of the Lobby and reenter so it could explain the new scoring system past lvl20.

I didn't know what was going on during Splatfest, I played as much as I could but I wasn't sure if there was any beneficial strategy when picking sides or if it was just a label.

DaBoss

In NA, the trend has been the most popular team has had a lower amount of wins. The only time this wasn't true was in the Art vs Science splatfest, but it was a 51/49 split for both popularity and wins with Art leading in both.

And I just looked at Japan's Splatfest results, the most popular option won every time lol. I guess that's the reason why they decided to go for an 6x multiplier.

ss-hikaru

Voted MONAY for JP splatfest. I've been on the losing team for the past couple of splatfests but it sure is nice not having to play against my own team (being on the unpopular team that is). Makes for a much more enjoyable splatfest experience even if I don't get the max snails at the end.

RedFyn

Just vote Callie, the superior sister.

Geg

3 million by the end of the year seems so unreal, my best prediction at the beginning when we found out the initial sales numbers were good was 2 million by the end of the year

There...I've unlocked all the skills on this...filthy pirate shirt. I will spend whatever snails I get immediately and in disgust.

The only way things could get worse is if Marie chooses candy canes or whatever in December.

ChrisD

There...I've unlocked all the skills on this...filthy pirate shirt. I will spend whatever snails I get immediately and in disgust.

The only way things could get worse is if Marie chooses candy canes or whatever in December.

Wait, Marie is Pirate?
I want to be Ninja, but I kind of fear picking Callie. The second I switch over to her cheating side, the whole operation will be found out and stopped.

Hrmm.

Wait, Marie is Pirate?
I want to be Ninja, but I kind of fear picking Callie. The second I switch over to her cheating side, the whole operation will be found out and stopped.

Hrmm.

Naw, I'm going Callie this time. Callie is pirates and Marie is ninja. I hate Naruto so I'm going One Piece.

It's a trial separation, that's it! Our/my therapist says it'll help us/me deal with our/my anxieties.

I'm convinced this game hates me:

First the no-victory since the very first splatfest and now this:

First time I got three of the same abilities on my gear and it had to be on my splatfest T-shirt...
I have to ask, how are you using your shells? If you want triple subs first max out all your gear then add slots to those that have the brand biased sub (e.g. damage up for squidforce) max those out and repeat the cycle and at the end you should have something.

For the ones which fail it might be an idea not to add slots to them and if you ever come across them in the plaza order them with Spyke and hope Spyke hates you and gives you a version with the slot(s?) ?d out. For three slot gear this is not worth it as it'll cost 30,000 which is the same as a re-roll plus you need to unlock the subs by scoring...what was it, 27,000 points?

Why can't the normal shops let us re-buy clothes we already own in the same way

Top Bottom