• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It is a shame we'll likely never get access to the dialogue the losing Splatfest team would have had if they won. If Love VS Money gets here in American I can guarantee Love would win and I'd be robbed of hearing what the Superior Sister said about her flawle$$ victory.
Was the cat and dog pre-dialouge the same between regions?

NotLiquid

How many weapons do we have left. Also why no new sub weapons.

14 weapons left. Hydra Splatling and the
Slosher Machine
are the only "new" weapons left that aren't just derivatives of existing weapons. Makes it all the more weird that we haven't gotten a new weapon this week since they're sitting on a lot of fairly easy-to-release content, and I don't think they've ever skipped out on a content update even during major update weeks.

DaBoss

This update is fairly different compared to other updates with many weapons changing, so I imagine they want people to become adjusted to the changes.

EulaCapra

I'll miss out on the next North American Splatfest but I'm looking into my crystal ball and seeing:

Popularity going to Ninjas
Win Rate going to Pirates
Pirates winning because too many kids on Ninjas

It is a shame we'll likely never get access to the dialogue the losing Splatfest team would have had if they won. If Love VS Money gets here in American I can guarantee Love would win and I'd be robbed of hearing what the Superior Sister said about her flawle$$ victory.
Spoilers. Here is apparently pirates vs. Ninja including the victories:
http://pastebin.com/vCsDbWdW
Also cars vs planes:
http://pastebin.com/gb4dDVJR

If they do the same delivery method of all the text including win/loss being dumped into the game at the announcement then you'll know.

I'm not sure if to believe the art vs. science one floating around which apparently Marie said something like Science in da Hizzhouse for Science winning which makes me think if that twas the text then art was rigged to win (given how close the splatfest was too).

Was the cat and dog pre-dialouge the same between regions?
I'd be inclined to say so as only a groan worthy NOA localisation would include the term Caturday (I screamed "what year is it" when I saw that).

My guess on who will lose the Pirate vs. Ninja depends on if Naruto is more popular than One Piece. Cause if kids like which anime more, then that team is more likely to lose.

It should've been Cory in the House vs Space Jam for best animu

Even if it's Yu Yu Hakusho for best one

ffdgh

Convenient that 4kids nearly ruined one piece and naruto is more popular in the west. Easy win in theory with that 6x multiplier.

Convenient that 4kids nearly ruined one piece and naruto is more popular in the west. Easy win in theory with that 6x multiplier.

I knew that cars would win last time, but I still went with planes, I'm being tempted right now to pick Pirates now..... maybe.

I guess my plan for this splatfest is to, not vote for a team and not play all night, I'll just wait and see what GAF says first. If I did this for Cars vs Planes, then I would've seen all of the Plane vs Plane matchmaking complaints and team on cars.

Cory Baxter vs Michael Jordan for best anime protagonist splatfest pls

So far I've seen more ninjas than pirates. I suppose the popularity will go to ninjas, wether or not pirates would win because of that remains to be seen.

With the new score system for the splatfest it's clear that they are trying to rectify the mistake that popularity would impact the result of the splatfest, but that just means that cats were clearly robbed in the very first splatfest.

So my Splatoon day has been reaching A+ in ranked then avoiding ranked so messing about in turf wars including trying out a charger for the first time. At the end of my session I was starting to actually get kills so maybe my skills improved (some of them felt like really lucky shots though)...the two tryhard level 50 Japanese players with their E-Liter 3K, 2 damage up mains, 7 damage up subs leaving might have helped (jokes on them I managed to ink more turf than they could).

I then decided to revisit the L-3 Nozzelnose D. I don't know if it the 10% additional turf coverage but I just had a 7 match win streak always scoring over 1300P. Maybe that was just a contrast from my charger use.

Finally, seeker lag is really distracting. What do I mean? When you see the seeker and its ink trail split up. My guess is the trail is chasing where the person who shot it sees me (so it look normal to them) while the seeker itself is my actual position. I assume both are lethal.

DaBoss

So far I've seen more ninjas than pirates. I suppose the popularity will go to ninjas, wether or not pirates would win because of that remains to be seen.

With the new score system for the splatfest it's clear that they are trying to rectify the mistake that popularity would impact the result of the splatfest, but that just means that cats were clearly robbed in the very first splatfest.
Even with the current 6x multiplier, cats would still lose in the first splatfest.

A 12x multiplier would be required just to make it a tie.

It's here!

MNcLhOF.jpg

DangerMan

Banned
Anyone else feel Nintendo needs to start putting old Splatfest shirts for sale in the in-game Clothes shop? They could add tons of new gear without doing any work by letting players buy Splatfest shirts from old Splatfests. By letting players buy any of the shirts from the past Splatfests they could add 36 new shirts to the game without needing to even make any new ones.

6 Splatfests have occured, 2 shirts per region per Splatfest, 3 regions per Splatfest.
6 X 2 X 3 = 36, that's a lot of new gear for purchase without them needing to make anything new.

I know I'd love to be able to check out the Splatfest shirts from other regions!

ryechu

Anyone else feel Nintendo needs to start putting old Splatfest shirts for sale in the in-game Clothes shop? They could add tons of new gear without doing any work by letting players buy Splatfest shirts from old Splatfests. By letting players buy any of the shirts from the past Splatfests they could add 36 new shirts to the game without needing to even make any new ones.

6 Splatfests have occured, 2 shirts per region per Splatfest, 3 regions per Splatfest.
6 X 2 X 3 = 36, that's a lot of new gear for purchase without them needing to make anything new.

I know I'd love to be able to check out the Splatfest shirts from other regions!

They could also add an arbitrary amount of gear with minimal work by creating new, AC- style, decal-projected-on-a-shirt gear. I'd rather not have 36 splatfest shirts with good abilities making the style in the game stale. I'd imagine Nintendo wouldn't either, given the slogan for this game.

Zing

Banned
Is there maintenance or something? Everything seems normal, I get news etc. But when trying to play online, it always gives me the "partners device" error.

DangerMan

Banned
They could also add an arbitrary amount of gear with minimal work by creating new, AC- style, decal-projected-on-a-shirt gear. I'd rather not have 36 splatfest shirts with good abilities making the style in the game stale. I'd imagine Nintendo wouldn't either, given the slogan for this game.

How does it make the style stale? All the Splatfest shirts are really different (in my opinion) and most of them have never even been seen in each region (12 per region for past Splatfests, 24 Splatfest shirts never seen in each region thus far).

Also, is Nintendo trying to keep me from going out on Halloween weekend? Why would they put the next NA Splatfest on Halloween weekend instead of the weekend before...

EDIT: They could also make them only start with one or two slots so the number of people who upgrade and use them would be fewer, resulting in the variety of gear used being no less than it currently is. In fact, I don't understand how them making more gear available for purchase could make there be less variety in what people use. Any piece of gear can be made as good any other piece of gear.

totowhoa

Banned
Is there maintenance or something? Everything seems normal, I get news etc. But when trying to play online, it always gives me the "partners device" error.

God damn they need a legitimate maintenance notice. I just spent the last 20 minutes troubleshooting this shit with the provided error code before checking the thread. Don't give me an error code saying there could be a problem with my network when it's really just maintenance happening (again)

Fucking hell man :/

Edit: during splat zones no less. Grumble-grumble.

Edit: yay fixed. For the last month, Splatoon is how I unwind from work. And after a day full of meetings I needed it

Rize_21

Just uploaded a cool trick with the dynamo, might be already known or not, anyway, here it is, the last resort.

( a really slight delay is necessary between each flick though, otherwise it'd hit ~50 dmg, and only, only the drop who go straight matters...)

DangerMan

Banned
Playable Octolings better be coming tomorrow to draw attention away from Halo 5. If not I MIGHT get another Xbox One tomorrow (but probably won't as the Halo 5 bundle is insanely expensive in Canada, I've already owned and sold one, and I can hopefully hold off until Battlefront PS4). If Nintendo doesn't add playable Octolings ever they are very out of touch with what I want, doubt I am the only fan they are out of touch with too.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Playable Octolings better be coming tomorrow to draw attention away from Halo 5. If not I MIGHT get another Xbox One tomorrow (but probably won't as the Halo 5 bundle is insanely expensive in Canada, I've already owned and sold one, and I can hopefully hold off until Battlefront PS4). If Nintendo doesn't add playable Octolings ever they are very out of touch with what I want, doubt I am the only fan they are out of touch with too.
I feel bad for people like you.

Geg

Not sure if serious

DangerMan

Banned
Not sure if serious

How is the game going to stay fresh without a decent addition like playable Octolings? They can't change the gameplay mechanics and adding a playable Octoling will keep the visuals fresher than new gear.

New maps are really what the game needs to the most to stay fresh, and if I remember the Splatoon Direct correctly there is reason to believe we will get only two more maps.

Pikma

Banned
There are plenty of other people who need your sympathy more than I do, especially considering you have no idea what I do need sympathy for.

Maybe you should start volunteering at a homeless shelter.
Stop, you almost make me cry
with laughter

No really, stop.

J@hranimo

Banned

Nice joke post brah.

Pikma

Banned
How is the game going to stay fresh without a decent addition like playable Octolings? They can't change the gameplay mechanics and adding a playable Octoling will keep the visuals fresher than new gear.

New maps are really what the game needs to the most to stay fresh, and if I remember the Splatoon Direct correctly there is reason to believe we will get only two more maps.
Seems like you don't get it, It's not because of asking for content that you sound so obnoxiously annoying, it's because of you wanting it now and making threats about buying another console if Nintendo doesn't listen to you. Makes you sound really pathetic to be honest.

Top Bottom