• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

WVW69ih86OoHsoabtU

My work here is done; A lot sooner than the previous Splatfests.
It would have been even sooner if I pushed through the night, but I needed my sleep.
Had some good teams too. And I spent pretty much the whole journey using a Carbon Roller Deco, especially with the Seeker and Bomb Rush Special.

Doorman

Finished my trip across the Grand Line and became a Pirate King. Personal performance-wise this was probably the best or second best I've done on these. Did a bit of weapon jumping around, some Carbon Deco, Neo Splash, and Forge Pro probably putting in the most work. Finished off making it to king using the Rapid Blaster Pro of all things, which...I'll probably not touch again, honestly.

Still took a while but this wasn't as rageworthy to me as the past few splatfests, so I guess it has that going for it. Yaarrrrrrr.

Moondrop

Banned
So this splatfest has been my first real test since the 2.2 patch, and my dear custom blaster has indeed been significantly nerfed. It's still a viable weapon, but for my style (aggressive + support) the tri-slosher now seems like a direct upgrade.

Oh yeah I should share this from the EU Splatfest announcement.
Is Callie trying to be Marie now?
You should be like Marie and lose some Splatfests...

Also when playing the amiibo challenges have I gone mad or did single player always have these arrows show up:
WVW69ih6pPEBKIrAhi

NotLiquid

I've been Team Callie up until this point but I think I prefer Ghosts over Zombies. They're cute. Quick, come up with a compelling argument to swing me over to Team Zombie.

I've been Team Callie up until this point but I think I prefer Ghosts over Zombies. They're cute. Quick, come up with a compelling argument to swing me over to Team Zombie.
Zombies may be more popular in general.

If you want to have a better chance at winning, don't vote blindly, wait and see what Gaf and Reddit say first.

I waited a few hours to see what team is more popular, now I'm on pirates.

Geg

This Splatfest has taught me that some Blasters can reach my favourite centre Walleye perch from their big crate perch in the central area.

I don't like it.

So far this splatfest no one has been able to get me off the center crates on walleye once I get there lol. The only times I jump off is to kill someone or dodge an inkstrike or something.

Though one match an aerospray on my team tried to join me up there like it had the range to do anything from that position so I was like "Fine I'll get off and ink somewhere else"

So far this splatfest no one has been able to get me off the center crates on walleye once I get there lol. The only times I jump off is to kill someone or dodge an inkstrike or something.

Though one match an aerospray on my team tried to join me up there like it had the range to do anything from that position so I was like "Fine I'll get off and ink somewhere else"

That Elitre I was talking about would camp the other centre Walleye perch with me after our team took hold of the map. Was awesome. Lots of booyahing each other's shots, lol.

Zombies aren't even good enough to appear in a Mario game. Ghosts are obviously superior.

Boos are absolutely the best and most adorable creatures in the Mario universe.

Doorman

Not in Europe, but for what it's worth, ghosts are way way better than zombies. Zombies are so played out right now, give them like 5 or 6 years of rest before getting that going again.

Moondrop

Banned
Oh yes, the tri-slosher is my new baby. But now the theorycrafting begins...

- Ink resistance seems too good to give up, what with the close range flanking and all.
- One bomb range up main (at least) seems a given with disruptor plus the limited range of the kit
- Swim speed seems like a good combo with the disruptor to chase 'em down once they're pinned.
- Ink recovery, ink saver, and special charge and duration up would all be welcome too.

Maybe I'll give up on perfect rolls and just mix the swim speed, ink, and special abilities across all my subs.

Oh yes, the tri-slosher is my new baby. But now the theorycrafting begins...

- Ink resistance seems too good to give up, what with the close range flanking and all.
- One bomb range up main (at least) seems a given with disruptor plus the limited range of the kit
- Swim speed seems like a good combo with the disruptor to chase 'em down once they're pinned.
- Ink recovery, ink saver, and special charge and duration up would all be welcome too.

Maybe I'll give up on perfect rolls and just mix the swim speed, ink, and special abilities across all my subs.
I was thinking about how to best use the tri since while it does work running out of ink after tossing the disruptors sucks.

Finally made Ninja King/Queen but probably ended up with a losing record for the day. I think my vibe hit 14 tops. Ninjas are, from what I saw today, far more popular. I'd really like to know if the more popular teams are more likely to lose.

Moondrop

Banned
Ink saver main is my preferred choice ignoring quick respawn.
Hmm, good to know. I like quick respawn, but given that we can have essentially six main abilities, which of these would you eliminate in its favor: ink resistance, bomb range up, ink saver main, ink recovery, swim speed, or special charge up?

I was thinking about how to best use the tri since while it does work running out of ink after tossing the disruptors sucks.
Yup, I've looked like quite the fool today getting stuck out on Camp Triggerfish nets with no ink and nowhere to go.

ffdgh

Hmm, good to know. I like quick respawn, but given that we can have essentially six main abilities, which of these would you eliminate in its favor: ink resistance, bomb range up, ink saver main, ink recovery, swim speed, or special charge up?

Yup, I've looked like quite the fool today getting stuck out on Camp Triggerfish nets with no ink and nowhere to go.

Going completely on personal preference....

Ink saver main > Special charge = swim speed up > bomb range up > ink recovery = ink resistance.

Never found the last 2 all that useful...rainmaker aside for ink resistance.

Geg

44nR47i.jpg

This was probably my best splatfest in terms of not shitty matches. Most of my losses were due to disconnects on my team, but I still won a number of 3 v 4s.

The best was the very last one before I made queen rank, where someone named NINJA MOLE joined our team and just stood idle on the spawn point until disconnecting. We still won the 3v4 without him.

Malus

Getting to MAX didn't quench my Splatoon thirst. Played for another bit and found a really good team for like 15 matches or so. Top 3 players once had 10-0. 10-1. and 6-1.

I was the 6-1 :eek:

Moondrop

Banned
Ink saver main > Special charge = swim speed up > bomb range up > ink recovery = ink resistance.

Never found the last 2 all that useful...rainmaker aside for ink resistance.
Cool, thanks. I find ink recovery useful for bomb spam, but that doesn't really fit with disruptors. So I'll drop that instead of ink resistance, which has saved my calamari countless times. There are combinations of these six abilities- unfortunately none are particularly fashionable. This may take some creative rerolling.

ChrisD

I played zero games today, and am still away from the Wii U.

Ninjas will definitely win now. :D

The best was the very last one before I made queen rank, where someone named NINJA MOLE joined our team and just stood idle on the spawn point until disconnecting. We still won the 3v4 without him.

PFFFFT
Hahahhah

I'd be peeved, but that's creative.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I made King after about four hours of gameplay in three separate sessions. Things were going pretty well for me on Team Pirate mid-afternoon but it was really rough going at night. A lot of opponents in the upper 30s and 40s.

That's kinda funny. Glad you won despite that.

Japan 7th Splatfest

Love vs. Money

Popularity: 47% vs. 53%
Winning rate: 51% vs. 49%
Final score: 353 vs. 347

Love team wins.

Damn, my second splatfest lose.

Kito

But now the theorycrafting begins...

I've mained Tri-Slosher for a few weeks in ranked now, and the most useful three I've found is Ninja Squid and Swim Speed Up x2. Swap Ninja Squid for Ink Saver Main in rainmaker.

The bomb range is fine as it is - any further and opponents at that further range will splat you before you can approach them. The disruptor is good for playing defence (i.e. not pushing forward) mostly - hiding and pouncing on an unknowing opponent. To throw the disruptor AND splash twice in offence is too much, unless a mutual splat is your intention.

How was Splatfest. Haven't played since like Saturday 5 AM.

I was going for King but just stopped at Champion.

I instead decided to get the two online trophies in WWE 2K14 since the surveys shut off in 3 hours.

Now I'm just downloading creation stuff.

Pirate VS Ninja

Popularity
28% VS 72% (WOW!!)

WIns
59% VS 41%

Final
382-318

Team Pirates win.

RIP Popularity even being a factor. Not that I mind since I logically think that the team that wins more games should be the final winner, but popularity exists just for curiosity's sake now.

Geg

Pirates would have won even with the 4x multiplier. That win rate is too big

Feels good to finally be on the winning team that also had the most wins

And yeah I was like WHAT when the popularity results came up

I honestly think ninjas are cooler than pirates.

But I saw this as One Piece vs. Naruto so of course I chose the former.

Seriously at this point I keep winning because I pick the less popular choice but the means the more casual/children players are on the more popular side.

Pirate VS Ninja

Popularity
28% VS 72% (WOW!!)

WIns
59% VS 41%

Final
382-318

Team Pirates win.

RIP Popularity even being a factor. Not that I mind since I logically think that the team that wins more games should be the final winner, but popularity exists just for curiosity's sake now.

Jeez. It was a good thing I was on Team Pirate! Still that multiplier factor really made a HUGE difference this time around.

Congrats to my fellow buccaneers!

WVW69iiB_fkq6wHWQy

Stay Fresh Salty, Marie!

I'M NOT A LOSER ANYMORE! First win of any Splatfest and it feels good man. Though with the amount of heavy carrying I did for my wins I feel like I earned it.

Top Bottom