• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

mo60

This has already gone better than the last splatfest. Not a single Pirate vs Pirate thankfully.

Less people chose pirates than ninjas in this splatfest. It looks like the ninjas will win the popular vote while the pirates will have the highest win rate so far based off of what I have seen on other sites and from just playing against ninja teams in this splatfest.I'm not sure if there will be a big difference in the win rate for the pirates yet to make them win.

Yes, most of my battles have been against my own team...

Had a pretty terrible start since I got lots of disconnects that ended up with my team being decimated. Found three great partners and we played together for a while, again most of my battles were against other fellow Ninja squids. In the end I'm sure I was about 50/50 against pirates. It is the first time I played tons of matches against my own team... I wonder what's the ratio of Ninjas/Pirates, is it crazy to think Ninjas are like 70% of players in this Splatfest?

That didnt take long only about 3hrs to hit pirate king easiest and fastest i have ever maxed out lol

WVW69ih1JGQ9dj8Gfe

I WOULD have maxed quickly out if my good team didn't leave me. =( As soon as I hit Champion, Ninja teams got hard. I just wanted to relax with the nzap. =(

i1n8aOlRCtt4N.jpg

Probably the fastest I've reached Queen rank. Most ninjas teams were pretty easy to defeat.
I finally got adjusted to the Inkzooka nerf. Feels good now.
it's 5 in the god damn morning, i need sleep...

ffdgh

I'm king of the pirates! Those last few points were a struggle lol
D3HRlhx.jpg

31 wins
15 losses and of those 15...
2 disconnects(one at the start of a match and one at the very end tho my team definetly won)
1 vs other pirates(only other pirate team)
1 when an idiot on my team stayed at the spawn for the whole match...

It's early but I've already had a handful of Ninja vs. Ninja matches. But then popularity isn't much of a factor anymore and most of the teams I've been on have lost. On the other hand, my win percentage never matches the overall win rate, so who knows?

Rize_21

Nintendo EU Splatfest announced

Zombies vs Ghosts

niceeee, a week late for Halloween but I'll take it

Now that's a cool theme! guess the colors might be green vs purple? white would be more appropriate for the ghost side tho.
Eh,I'll join the ghosts side, don't care for the loss.

Nintendo EU Splatfest announced

Zombies vs Ghosts

niceeee, a week late for Halloween but I'll take it
Kind of called it. Since I knew NOE had to fail somehow with the splatfest theme I totally assumed it would be Halloween related with the fail being that it was a week late.

To be fair to NOE perhaps the Splatfest themes were planned months in advance and the EU schedule being moved behind my a week was not part of that plan.

My amiibo three pack arrived. Kind of funny I spent more money on those than I did the game itself but thats EU pricing and importing US three packs for you.

Now to decide how to do things. I'll get gear from there to level up but I also have the splatfest tee to level up.

Rran

I've been doing pretty well against fellow ninjas. On the off chance I encounter a team of savage scallywags however, well, things haven't seemed to fare as well. So it goes.
I really hate having a solid team together, and--even though there's no verbal communication, we develop a sense of camaraderie (at least in my mind lol)--the connection is lost and my friends are gone :'(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I can't get a splatfest game in without network errors is it just me or in public games are you guys seeing this?

In one game, I got the yellow-lettered connection error message before getting booted from the game. Then ANOTHER connection error immediately booted me from the LOBBY. So yes, the connection errors are prevalent and unacceptable. Still.

Sushigod7

In one game, I got the yellow-lettered connection error message before getting booted from the game. Then ANOTHER connection error immediately booted me from the LOBBY. So yes, the connection errors are prevalent and unacceptable. Still.

SOB I thought they had fixed by now guess I'll stop playing again and try in a few months.

How has it been for people on each team? Has it been easy for Pirates or were Ninjas putting up a fight?

It was only as easy as my teammates made it re: nearly impossible most matches. The worst part is the losses were from melt downs in the last 30 seconds like most turf wars.

So EU only playing only EU lead to me being a completely terrible room. When the room started I was 21 levels above every other player and really sweeping no trouble (remember the times when rollers didn't know they could flick ink, brushes would sweep at the floor cripping their range and nobody understood getting to the top half of saltspraw is how you win that map?). By the time I left with the splatfest shirt maxed out there were 2 other players within 5 levels of me but the rest were still over 20 levels below.

Also there were loads of players disconnecting and some really laggy ones (teleporting rollers are annoying but Luna blasters which you KO at max Nozzlenose-H range and still get splatted by are something else...makes me think lag is the only viable way to use a Luna blaster) for the "we need regional matches, man. It'll fix all the problems" people out there.

I then went and did all the inkling boy challenges and now I'm a bit exhausted. Shame as I want to take advantage of these rooms for some easy maxing of the Samurai armour set while using the replica roller
Should have done the girl first

Geg

lol I just played with the most vicious spawn camper I've seen since Red. She was using a tri-slosher and for half the match she just sat in the enemy spawn area in camp triggerfish throwing disruptors at people as they left and killing them. She ended up going 18-0 that match

WVW69ih8L1opOJxku1_zpsm0d0inki.jpg

The path to Pirate King is paved with the Splatty Jr. :3

Had so much fun today compared to the last few Splatfests, I kept playing for hours after hitting King and made some new friends as well. Booyah!!! :D

Top Bottom