• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ryechu

Four Aerospray RG vs. Four Aerospray RG

Whoooooo! Paint.... Paint everywhere!

Sheldon:
"And when I'm old and I've had my fun, I'll sell my inventions so that everyone can spread 1000p. Everyone can be super! And when everyone's super,...
[chuckles evilly]
no one will be."

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Played two this afternoon so far and both have been 3 v 4. Shit is so annoying. Won the first but lost the second.

Ok, now I'm worried about Hot Dogs.
Been losing, getting the most points and kills on teams with aerosprays...

The vote spread seems worse than any previous Splatfest based on how many all Marshmallow battles I've had. The Hotdogs would have to win the battle % by a huge amount to get the top prize at this point.

Mohonky

South Pole gonna own this. I am playing Northole and I cant for the life of me get on a winning team. I cant figure out wtf my teammates are always going, but i have won maybe 4 of 20 matches. I cant even begin to figure out wtf the gameplan with my teammates is.

omNKpHN.jpg

The endless disconnection errors every single time I got a good team were getting unbearable towards the end. I ended up just deciding to give myself RSI and carry a couple of garbage teams to narrow victories.

When people play Turf War and say there's no need to ink turf... I don't think they're playing in anywhere close to evenly matched games. You don't need to charge up to kill but it's difficult to go in an attack like a tower where you don't have angle because you still need some charging time before being able to attack.

Run speed up? To increase strafing speed? I guess I can try that out.

On the other hand I think Splosher is great in Turf War due to the high mobility, the good inking ability, and just people's general inability to deal with things they can't directly shoot at which is great for 1v1 situations that is far more common in turf war than any other mode.

Apologies, I meant it's not always necessary to have a full charge for every situation. Half charges ink well. Just like Charger, you wouldn't use a full charge to ink several small corners, would you? It's just a matter of managing your charges to be the most efficient at inking turf.

Splatling does well in the typical sniper perches, and half charges need less than a second to charge... Hm, I should mention that by half charges, I mean charging half of the lvl 1 charge.

Anyways, I've done well with them at close range. They're fun and have the range to play at multiple distances. I've even jumped down on someone's head at Moray with a full charge to splat them, which is tons more fun to do compared the regular automatic weapons.

Defensive Splatlings play on the Charger perches usually. Aggressive Splatlings know where to be on the map. Areas with lots of obstacles aren't the greatest for the Splatling. Good luck trying to take out the Slosher at the lower islands on Bluefin without going to a higher spot. If you can bait people out into the open, then they won't be very hard to hit. But like every weapon, always have an escape route planned and prepared should a confrontation go south.

Sloshers are great in cramped spaces. Somewhat less so in more open spaces. They're good offensively, and that static damage is insane to have.

...I'm a bit distracted at the moment and can't get my thoughts out clearly.

WorldStar

Banned
Probably because they suck. Making points with the Aerospray is piss easy.

Yeah, used aerospray for my first time yesterday

Insane how easy it is to cover turf with ink

I was triggering my special in literally seconds after the game started

Bucket is still my current favorite weapon, but if I'm purely looking for the win during turf wars, aerospray seems like the safest bet

Last night plus earlier this morning, I'm at over 30 straight wins

Doorman

.96 Gal, my old friend...what's happened to us? We used to be so good together, I called you my main. And now...look at us. Can't secure splats for anything. Terrible sprinkler placements. Playing stupid, somehow getting out-ranged by weapons with lower range. 460p in a match? I didn't think that was even possible. Our time apart has not done us well.

Perhaps we can try this again, some other time, when Team Marshmallow can't afford to have us work our troubles out on this high-stakes stage. I'm so sorry. It's not you, it's me, and my lack of skill. Please understand.

Crayolan

i've had at least two matches where I could just sit under the second big drop on moray towers and splat people as they fell down facing the opposite direction, sometimes twice at a time

the only times I ever saw any indication that they knew I was still there was some furtive shooting at the ground for a second before giving up and jumping anyway, or trying too hard to fall behind me and ending up falling into the gap

the second match I went 16-1

Why wait at the second big drop? Why not just wait right under their spawn point? Much more fun. :p

Mohonky

.96 Gal, my old friend...what's happened to us? We used to be so good together, I called you my main. And now...look at us. Can't secure splats for anything. Terrible sprinkler placements. Playing stupid, somehow getting out-ranged by weapons with lower range. 460p in a match? I didn't think that was even possible. Our time apart has not done us well.

Perhaps we can try this again, some other time, when Team Marshmallow can't afford to have us work our troubles out on this high-stakes stage. I'm so sorry. It's not you, it's me, and my lack of skill. Please understand.

I do this. I was killing it with the gattling the other night, then the next I couldnt do shit.

Some nights I seem better with one weapon type than another. I cant say I have a fav weapon because when I think I get one down, I then have a shitter with it another day

Ahnez

The vote spread seems worse than any previous Splatfest based on how many all Marshmallow battles I've had. The Hotdogs would have to win the battle % by a huge amount to get the top prize at this point.
The win rate is x4, right?

Well, with 60% victory and 11% pop your team will still win :p

And 63% victory rate is an automatic win, regardless of the popularity :p

Hackworth

I'm hungover as fuck and getting the worst scores I've ever gotten on maps I hate playing and I'm still leading my team.
Team South is doomed.

Seriously, Towers, Mall and Camp? I hate heights, Mall just irritates me unreasonably, and my first three games on Camp were today and after 3 losses in ten minutes I never want to see that map again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When I went to bed hot dogs were rolling. I had a 28 game win streak.

When I started playing after lunch...yeah. Lots of bad groups. Every once in awhile I got a good one but it'd get DC'd after 2-3.

After Maxing rank I decided to try out the minigun...and one of my partners dc'd ten seconds into the match. Never lost a fight that badly before.

When I went to bed hot dogs were rolling. I had a 28 game win streak.

When I started playing after lunch...yeah. Lots of bad groups. Every once in awhile I got a good one but it'd get DC'd after 2-3.

After Maxing rank I decided to try out the minigun...and one of my partners dc'd ten seconds into the match. Never lost a fight that badly before.

Yeah. The hot dog quality has dipped in the last hour or so.

taparoo

I get all high on myself during splatfests, like YEAH! I'M AVERAGING 8-1 K/D PER GAME AND GOING ON 20 GAME WIN STREAKS. Then I remember I'm playing American children, and that tomorrow the S/S+ Japanese players will be back to splatting me over and over and over in ranked.

jnWake

Lol there was a match in Camp Triggerfish where I stayed in the corridor where the two sides "meet" and kept killing everyone that tried to cross. It was ridiculous, they tried to kill me from the top of the wall and from the hall but failed every time. We won like 79% to 5%.

EndMerit

25 wins in a row with the same team, and then my connection kicked me out. :(
Got to +28.5 with other teams before reaching max rank, but getting those last points with other teams just didn't feel the same. );

Doorman

I get sub-400p at least once a Splat Roller session.
I camp like hell.

It's just weird to me since the .96 felt like the one weapon I could always turn to when I wanted to do consistently well with, typically at least 800+ points and a decently positive k/d. Today though...yeech. On a whim I tried out the N-Zap 89 instead and have been doing a lot better with it, which I find odd because I absolutely hated the way the 85 felt when it came out. Weapons are weird!

Oh well, made it up to Marshmallow Champion for now, but it's time to break for work check-in. The grind to king/queen will have to wait for later!

mrmickfran

I just love how, whenever I'm losing, the connection seems stable; but whenever I'm winning, the connection just goes out the fucking window.

South Pole gonna own this. I am playing Northole and I cant for the life of me get on a winning team. I cant figure out wtf my teammates are always going, but i have won maybe 4 of 20 matches. I cant even begin to figure out wtf the gameplan with my teammates is.

Hmm, I was absolutely destroying with North Pole and even found decent teams.

Top Bottom