• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ffdgh

NA Splatfest Announced: Burgers vs Pizza!

article_splatfest_2015-11-27_large.jpg

Who didn't think of this? lol

......This is legitimately a tough choice. We may get a repeat of art vs science.

Ansatz

I'm playing Moray Towers SZ and the other team has a small lead, which means we have to push offensively. Now, I get 3 kills in very quick succession but die from a double splat and the last guy is on echolocator so our sole defender took care of him but the other two players standing in passive positions overlooking mid actually stayed there and slowly inked over middle instead of seeing the info on the upper screen (3D, 1A).

With this info, coupled with the fact that the last opponent was trying to reach our zone, this means you should drop whatever it is you were doing and get to the enemy zone through the fastest possible route and cap it. But nah, they just waited until the other team respawned and got back into positions, rendering my play useless.

This happend in a lobby full of S players. Can you get more tactically inept than this? Checking who's alive and acting accordingly is like the most basic thing you have to learn.

J@hranimo

Banned
......This is legitimately a tough choice. We may get a repeat of art vs science.

Honestly I'm a bigger fan of pizza over burgers, especially flatbread pizza crusts but I'm gonna go with the splatgaf majority here. Plus I actually want to get 24 snails haha.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
No, they were datamined off the updates, just like the maps and new gear (see this for example, the two Sloshing Machines were added in 2.2.0, not earlier, and the regular one got unlocked today).

OK, thank you for correcting me.

Damnit, I don't want to side against Callie

Then again, the less popular side usually wins, and you know pizza will be more popular.

Yes, that's it. Callie stays winning

Then again, the less popular side usually wins, and you know pizza will be more popular.

Yes, that's it. Callie stays winning

Considering that McDonalds is one of the most popular food franchises on Earth, and how it involves burgers, this will be more like Art vs. Science and not Pirates vs. Ninjas.

Then again, you will never know, might as well wait and see.

SO what does everyone think the ultimate team is in general?

4 of me using a roller and a bunch of Quick Respawns, Super Jumps, and Stealth Jump for suicide rollers lulz and squishing enemies somehow.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Considering that McDonalds is one of the most popular food franchises on Earth, and how it involves burgers, this will be more like Art vs. Science and not Pirates vs. Ninjas.

Then again, you will never know, might as well wait and see.

They're so popular because of the fries, not the burgers =P

Azure J

#TeamBurgers and I say this as someone who has immediate access to the best NYC pizza around. There is just nothing (fast food wise) that contends with a proper flame grilled burger.

Team Pizza here! Though this is legitimately a difficult choice for me, but I think pizza overall is the more tasty experience most of the time.

Geg

Oh man, will I really need to betray Pizza in order to get the most Snails? So conflicted. :(

Go ahead and choose whatever you prefer. All of us here have just become jaded with Splatfest lol. You still get 18 snails for being the highest rank on the losing team anyway so it's not all bad

DaBoss

Man, I don't think I'll be able to make it to the RM only tournament. :(

Can anyone post about how it's going?

As for Splatfest, pizza is my love.
Go ahead and choose whatever you prefer. All of us here have just become jaded with Splatfest lol. You still get 18 snails for being the highest rank on the losing team anyway so it's not all bad
But you have to play 3+ hours of the most boring turf war matches you will EVER play.

ChrisD

I hum along to the Squid Sister's version of the Battle Theme pretty much the entire 3 hours. Somehow, the song alone keeps me from going mad. It's just so catchy.

Having to play with the sucky matchmaking though, now that does drag the whole experience down.

ffdgh

I don't mind a whole day of turf war sine that's the mode I stay in most of the time anywa lol.

Just don't have a horrid mix of Towers, Bluefin, and or port.

ChrisD

I don't mind a whole day of turf war sine that's the mode I stay in most of the time anywa lol.

Just don't have a horrid mix of Towers, Bluefin, and or port.

Towers now that E-Liters are well known. No Cold-Blooded allowed due to Splatfest shirt.
That would be torture in a video game.

Ansatz

Third time in a row I get the idiot who tries to sneak behind them on Walleye and dies without accomplishing anything of use. Effectively rendering the beginning of the game 4v3. I pulled the plug on my Wii U after I died and that's that.

Regiruler

FUCK YOU NINTENDO THE ONE SATURDAY FOR THE 7 WEEK PERIOD THAT I'M NOT HOME AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PLAY IN A SPLATFEST FOR OVER 3 FUCKING MONTHS

I NEED MY FUCKING SEA SNAILS

ffdgh

...Uhh has anyone had any luck with the sloshing machine? It's like the worst of both worlds...or it has a steep learning curve.

Actually switched to some slosher weapons for now. Having quite a bit of fun using them.

NA Splatfest Announced: Burgers vs Pizza!

article_splatfest_2015-11-27_large.jpg

Who didn't think of this? lol

I think I would be team burger here. Despite eating some pizza once in awhile too.

Might as well post this here too
More fanart from Masahiro Anbe. The creator of Squid girl
Seems he wants to see some Christmas gear.
https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/670171729478721536?lang=en

Nightii

Banned
...Uhh has anyone had any luck with the sloshing machine? It's like the worst of both worlds...or it has a steep learning curve.
I've had a fairly good run with Sloshing Machine in Tower Control and Rainmaker, it's a neat weapon, but I never stop feeling like I should just use a Blaster instead lol.

I'm probably going to end up switching back to Slosher Deco, to be honest.

ChrisD

I've gone from S 87 to S 12 to S 74 to S 35 to S 50 to S big to S small to S great to S suck in a week....

I'll stop playing on tilt one day. I'll take my own advice. That day's not today, since I'm playing on S 30 in a five loss streak.

Doorman

...I am legit unsure of which splatfest team to pick. I've been going with my heart on team selection thusfar and haven't been let down, but my heart loves both of these! A good burger is really good, but it's probably a little easier around here to get a good pizza so its median quality is probably higher. Uuugh now I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Ansatz

Do fellow squids a favor and don't use weapons you aren't experience with on ranked. I laughed at the start when I saw 2 sloshing machines on the other team and thought yup easiest win ever and we steamrolled them... but then I got an E liter who picked the weapon because he died by it and we get destroyed since he stood in the weirdest positions and couldn't get a single kill. Both games were atrocious to be a part of simply because people are playing weapons they're new to. Yay fun

ffdgh

Do fellow squids a favor and don't use weapons you aren't experience with on ranked. I laughed at the start when I saw 2 sloshing machines on the other team and thought yup easiest win ever and we steamrolled them... but then I got an E liter who picked the weapon because he died by it and we get destroyed since he stood in the weirdest positions and couldn't get a single kill. Both games were atrocious to be a part of simply because people are playing weapons they're new to. Yay fun

No need to worry about that. I never experiment with weapons in ranked since it can and likely will back fire on me....and S rank being an absurd pain as is.

Zee-Row

Banned
God playing with randoms sucks with this game. Its like nobody understands what mode they are playing and just play to rack up kills.

Kito

I pulled the plug on my Wii U after I died and that's that.

If I'm clearly carrying my teammates, there's 30-45 seconds remaining, we haven't previously pushed 50% towards the goal yet, and the opponents have turfed most of the the map: then I repeatedly jump off spawn to get an extra three or four self-splats in to help my K/D ratio. Might as well be productive when you're about to lose. Haven't had a massive loss streak since doing this.

Jeeves

Curious, how much of your equipment do you have fully (three-slot) leveled? Stick to the same stuff, or do you sometimes open up slots just to have new gear to wear?

Think I have at least a page or two in each category full of three-slotted things. Some aren't even good, I just like the looks and one day having everything three-slot would be cool.
I buy everything that I think looks good (and nothing else) and of those I try to open slots on at least the ones with promising abilities, but eventually I'll have them all 3-slotted. Most of my time is spent leveling new gear. Gotta stay fresh!

Top Bottom