• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Regiruler

Splat Zones on Camp Triggerfish is probably my favorite map/mode combo; the way the stage is laid out gives it such a different type of strategy compared to SZ on other stages, and really requires everyone on your team to play to their strengths and fulfill their own role, whether it's to invade the enemy side or stay back and protect your own zone from invaders, though that makes it kind of hard for teams to coordinate in solo ranked. Still, it's where I made my final rank up to S.
Agreed. It's a very skillful map for charger combat as well.

StAidan

I still maintain that Nintendo has canceled the release of the Octobrush Nouveau due to its OP nature. The power of the Octobrush plus the range of the Inkzooka? Inkopolis would never be the same.

Azure J

I still maintain that Nintendo has canceled the release of the Octobrush Nouveau due to its OP nature. The power of the Octobrush plus the range of the Inkzooka? Inkopolis would never be the same.

But I wanna get my Strider Hiryu/Dante/Zero series Zero/Takamaru on and assassinate things with sword melee, explosives or a giant "fuck you" gun! :lol

Geg

The answer to the question we've all been asking, the Japanese name for the Sloshing Machine is the "Screw Slosher"

I am so impressed that they are still adding new weapons and maps to this game. Leave it to Nintendo to support a multiplayer game better than most companies who have vastly more experience with online games than them.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I am so impressed that they are still adding new weapons and maps to this game. Leave it to Nintendo to support a multiplayer game better than most companies who have vastly more experience with online games than them.

To be fair, the weapons have all been locked on the disc for months and slowly unlocked as "updates." The last few maps have been new not-on-disc content, though.

jariw

To be fair, the weapons have all been locked on the disc for months and slowly unlocked as "updates." The last few maps have been new not-on-disc content, though.

Things unlock the same way as the previous on-disc updates. Each new downloadable patch contains things that unlock during a longer time.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Things unlock the same way as the previous on-disc updates. Each new downloadable patch contains things that unlock during a longer time.

correct

but I'm pretty sure all the weapons were datamined off the disc — although some of their names hadn't been nailed down yet; those have been patched in

we've gotten new maps and gear that weren't on the disc, though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's pretty amazing how Nintendo has kept Splatoon fresh with weekly updates whether it be maps, weapons, gear. Took almost a two month break and there are so many new weapons I don't know where to start.

Have any weapons been nerfed?

nom

GTW8akw.jpg

D:

J@hranimo

Banned

Me and a few other just left so you should be able to get in no problem!

It's pretty amazing how Nintendo has kept Splatoon fresh with weekly updates whether it be maps, weapons, gear. Took almost a two month break and there are so many new weapons I don't know where to start.

Welcome back resident base invader!
The Lions could do better but at least you guys destroyed the Eagles yesterday lol

Only notable "nerfs" were that they increased the refill time for the splash wall and changed how bombs interact with it, rollers and blasters don't ohko from the splash damage (although lag makes that barely noticeable) and E-Liters have to be full charge to get sniped. There should be more patch notes here.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm sympathetic to those waiting for the octobrush nouveau, but I believe it has been held back deliberately (just like the splatlings and sloshers). It's going to be monstrous, so they want everyone to be well-versed with the game so we may attempt to counter it.

There was a major nerf wave with the 2.2 patch; here's an article about it. Blasters took it on the chin, and rollers a bit as well.

ChrisD

Curious, how much of your equipment do you have fully (three-slot) leveled? Stick to the same stuff, or do you sometimes open up slots just to have new gear to wear?

Think I have at least a page or two in each category full of three-slotted things. Some aren't even good, I just like the looks and one day having everything three-slot would be cool.

ffdgh

Curious, how much of your equipment do you have fully (three-slot) leveled? Stick to the same stuff, or do you sometimes open up slots just to have new gear to wear?

Think I have at least a page or two in each category full of three-slotted things. Some aren't even good, I just like the looks and one day having everything three-slot would be cool.

Ehh I mostly stick to gear that have main/subs that I like. Waaay too expensive to even consider unlocking all slots.

Nightii

Banned
ONygudL.png

This is the only gear I have bought that both a) I like how they look and b) have abilities I like. The subs could be better, but until I go through my first Splatfest I am not rerolling, which reminds me...

When rerolling with Spyke, does the gear get it's new abalities right away, or do I have to level it up all over again?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ONygudL.png

This is the only gear I have bought that both a) I like how they look and b) have abilities I like. The subs could be better, but until I go through my first Splatfest I am not rerolling, which reminds me...

When rerolling with Spyke, does the gear get it's new abalities right away, or do I have to level it up all over again?

Once you have three slots on a piece of gear, you always have three slots on it. Rerolling doesn't make the slots go away, it just changes what's in them.

Nightii

Banned
Once you have three slots on a piece of gear, you always have three slots on it. Rerolling doesn't make the slots go away, it just changes what's in them.

Sorry, didn't explain myself properly, I mean to ask if the new abilities get selected on that moment, or do they turn back into "?" signs and I have to play with the gear to get the abilities?

ChrisD

Good heavens, I don't think anybody would re-roll if it required re-leveling! :p

They just change out to three new abilities. No ?'s to have to grind back out.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Sorry, didn't explain myself properly, I mean to ask if the new abilities get selected on that moment, or do they turn back into "?" signs and I have to play with the gear to get the abilities?

oh. this:

Good heavens, I don't think anybody would re-roll if it required re-leveling! :p

They just change out to three new abilities. No ?'s to have to grind back out.

You ask Spyke to reroll, it leaves you in suspense for a few seconds, then it shows you what the three new results are, and they stay there unless you reroll again.

You only have to level up a piece of gear to unlock its second and third subability slots. Then you have subabilities in those slots for all eternity. Rerolling just changes what subabilities are in those slots.

Nightii

Banned
Thank you both for the answers!

Just as I start to get the hang of the Sloshing Machine, my brother arrives home and starts torrenting movies, no more Splatoon tonight for me. u_u

Does anyone know what the Sloshing Machine Variant's Sub and Special will be? I can work with Splat Bomb Rush, but I would prefer another combo like Splash Wall and Kraken.

SO what does everyone think the ultimate team is in general?

My opinion:
1xSniper
1xAerospray
1xBlaster
1xJetSquelcher

What's the opinion on mines outside of tower control? I feel like only noobs get splatted by them.

ChrisD

My opinion:
1xSniper
1xAerospray
1xBlaster
1xJetSquelcher

What's the opinion on mines outside of tower control? I feel like only noobs get splatted by them.

4 Blasters
Tower Control in EVERY mode!

Robotguy

My opinion:
1xSniper
1xAerospray
1xBlaster
1xJetSquelcher

1XE-liter/custom eliter
1Xdynamo
1Xneo luna blaster
1X.52 gal

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

My opinion:
1xSniper
1xAerospray
1xBlaster
1xJetSquelcher

It's more the threat than actually splatting anyone. Dropping it while retreating, as you jump in, leaving it in someone's way thus forcing them to go around, or wait it out.. even if you only occasionally splat someone, it can serve a purpose. Not that I'm claiming it's the best sub, but not useless.

Also, 4x Dynamo Rollers.

ffdgh

My opinion:
1xSniper
1xAerospray
1xBlaster
1xJetSquelcher

3 96 decos and a japanese eliter(the good ones)

I'm pretty sure all the weapons were datamined off the disc — although some of their names hadn't been nailed down yet; those have been patched in

we've gotten new maps and gear that weren't on the disc, though.

No, they were datamined off the updates, just like the maps and new gear (see this for example, the two Sloshing Machines were added in 2.2.0, not earlier, and the regular one got unlocked today).

Sendou

how long do you think splatoon online will last? i'm tempted, not wanting to miss out on one of wiiu's standout titles

The way the online works (little selection over what modes, maps you get to play in pubs) there's bound to be people to play with until the servers go down. When will servers go down? There's not one correct answer to this as nobody can know the future but expect ten years at least. Not before Splatoon 3 on iOS is released.

1XE-liter/custom eliter
1Xdynamo
1Xneo luna blaster
1X.52 gal

Wait have I seen this somewhere before.

Geg

how long do you think splatoon online will last? i'm tempted, not wanting to miss out on one of wiiu's standout titles

As of tomorrow (the 29th) Splatoon will be 6 months old and it's not showing any signs of stopping. While it's a pretty good success in the west Splatoon is kind of a phenomenon in Japan and there are always people from Japan playing at all times of the day and night

Come on EU splatfest announcement. I'll complain if it does happen because of it stealing Xenoblade X time and I'll complain if it doesn't happen because of the Super Sea shells. I can understand America wanting a delay due to Thanksgiving (and complaints they received over Independence Day and Halloween) but I don't see why Europe needed a delay. Unless this preparing for less splatfests or something (once a month instead of once every 3 weeks).

US and EU players might dip a bit next week due to Xenoblade X but they will be back for Splatfests.

Top Bottom